This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis chalmers 653 dozer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cid25136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis chalmers 653 dozer
    Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 11:54pm
just purchased this dozer from a local dealer with no manual. i was hoping if someone can tell me where can i purchase part for it,, also hoping if someone might have the oil filter number for this dozer.  i cant locate the serial or the year it was made...sorry
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 1:40am
same as a 655 or HD4 , AC 2200 engine , single fuel filter acts as primary and secondary.
Srl # should be stamped on upper frame in front by grill guard, top flange of that member.
only difference is it should be pedal steer instead of lever steer
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
cid25136 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cid25136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 5:23pm
wonderful,  was also looking for a service manual for the 653 dozer,  the cheapest i  found was sixty dollar....anything cheaper out there?
Kurzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:29pm
Howdy,
I bought all the manuals for the AC 653 long ago. I thought by now I would have a 653! Still going to hang onto them. May get one yet!

Kurzy
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 7:40pm
Oh for hind site , when i sold my machine I threw the parts, service and shop manuals all in with it.. Same as with last HD5 had exter manual so I loaned it to guy , last I see of that one also.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
cid25136 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cid25136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 9:50pm
cid25136 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cid25136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 9:59pm
thanks for your quick response to my questions, this next question pertains to owners of the ac 653. this  653 has no history and who knows how many hours was put into it. i was hoping for some advise on changing  certain items on dozer before it becomes a problem in the future. i  already planning to change the oil and the 2 (12) volt batteries.. any hints on what has to be replaced before running her for long hours? 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:08pm
Check your finals , reduction gears , check rear sprocket for play , the bearings on the final bullgear is supported by two roller bearings , one inner (small) and outer by sprocket.
 don't shift under full throttle from fwd to reverse and back, decillerator is needed on machines .. ATF in the converter and in clutch pack, small filter in that system.
 Keep the air filters clean , tap out dust regulary. be careful not to dammage element.
It will run fine on a single 12 V battery of 800 to 1000 CCA. It uses a small frame Delco starter with 3 bushings, (center bushing behind starter drive)

cid25136 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cid25136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:28pm
outstanding,  just purchased the manual for 42 dollars,  i print out the check list, just going to cross reference it with the manual and pray for the best..thanks!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:42pm
Watch your track adjustment , you need some slack in track , not overtight. Keep track clean by shoveling it out each day and making sure if running in soft sticky ground there is places for dirt to clear from track.
 They are good small machines but do not overdue the machine , they were made for industrial and light commercial work and not heavy construction type . Don't bang or jerk things then with torque cnverter it will cushon some of load. Grat for finish grading and light dozing but they are not D4  or FD5 machines. MY HD5 would outpull , lift, drag, push or most other things than my HD4 , but the 4 was faster on small jobs and lighter in weight.
 also remember to take it slow in reverse as track wear is like 5-X in reverse over fwd.
farm72 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farm72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 11:34pm
I am looking for information on AC 653, could you share?
Scott 262-424 6474
ivan View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 7:39am
We sell parts for 653 989-379-2721
farm72 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farm72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 1:23am
farm72 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farm72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 1:23am
I will be in touch
scott
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic