This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whats everyone using for B1 painting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazy Karl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats everyone using for B1 painting
    Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 9:50pm
Maybe opening a can of worms? But just curious as to what everyone is using for paint. Looking on-line never get the same answer. One guy said it best paint whatever kind of yellow you like.
One recommendation i had gotten was john deere construction yellow 2 and i do like that yellow. But looking for other opinions.
Sponsored Links

talntedmrgreen View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talntedmrgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 1:15pm
I'm not real sure, but the B-1 paint is unique, and if you are looking to go original, you may have to have it matched.  The B-1, beside any other B series tractor, is a much more pale yellow.  

The only certain reference I know if is on Wells Implement's site.  

Martin-Seynour 99L9876 
Ditzler DAR3274
Patterson B1*B1/B1Forklift*B10*BigTen/B1Loader*B110*B208*B206*616*Homelite T16H/T8/T7/RM7E*Landlord/Loader/Trencher*Broadmoor717*Serf525*2110*7790*Legacy XL*Twin 20*Squire9*Squire6*JCPenny 494
TerraTiger View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerraTiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:45pm
This one in my opinion was a very close match. Looked really good on the mowers at TSC. Might want to take a look or run by a store with a part from a covered area on your B1.
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:15pm

I know it looks different but when I restored this B-208 for my dad, I removed a part from under the frame that never saw direct light and took it to my local Napa dealer. They computer matched the part and mixed the paint. Placed a sample on the part and it matched well. If I remember correctly, she told me Allis used 8 different shades of yellow!!! From mowers to construction equipment over the years. A friend just painted his fathers B-207 the same color and found it to match a part on his as well. I don’t have the paint code handy at this time but I’m sure I can find it if anyone is interested.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Krazy Karl View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazy Karl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 4:32pm
That looks like a good color
Backwoods View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Backwoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 8:25pm
I use the construction yellow paint from tractor supply. It holds up pretty decent but if you leave it in the sun all the time it will fade after 2 yrs. just make sure it’s not exsposed to the sun all the time
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic