This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Generac standby genny

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Generac standby genny
    Posted: 23 May 2022 at 9:56pm
I have an older one, I think around a '98 year that has a fiat 1.6 liter engine that has gone Ka-put..do any ya'll know of a place to get parts? or maybe a different engine? Generac offers NO support for these older engines. my internet searches come up pretty light. not much shows up. I need a 3600 RPM engine.  the genny and switch gear work perfectly, I'm kinda finding out that these 1.6L engines are kinda junk anyways. 
I would consider a different brand of engine that would fit. some of these gennys had GM engines,, but difficult to find a 3600RPM one,, most of them are 1800RPM
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 10:39pm
apparently they also used the Mitsubishi 1.5 L motor... not sure what it would take to retrofit...... service/ parts manual might help ?

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 10:44pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSFqUmhgCIY

Installing a Mitsu engine in a Generac .......
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 10:47pm
Generac isn't exactly known for having much support for generators that were made LAST WEEK, so expecting it out further than last YEAR is being a bit extreme.  They're designed and built to be profitable sellers.

No sensible company makes anything of a 'quality grade' that spins a single-pole generator, they're either a much calmer 1800 or downright docile 1200rpm.

Edited by DaveKamp - 23 May 2022 at 10:51pm
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 11:06pm
how about a good used or rebuild HONDA motor from one of their small cars ??

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic