This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FUEL PRICES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2022 at 2:46pm
The truckers heading to Washington need to change their focus and protest fuel prices instead of covid. 
Sponsored Links

John m View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 5:52pm
It's 4.95 in the U.P. of Michigan for diesel.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 6:07pm
shucks....20 plus years ago we were at Carlsbad CA with the motorhome, pulled into a gas station there and regular gas was $5.00 a gallon back then there. we went elsewhere and found some for $3.99 a gallon. the motorhome held 100 gallons, i didn't fill up! here at home yesterday it was $3.99 a gallon, guess i'll hafta use my .75 cent a gallon off gas coupon tomarrow. 
Darwin W. Kurtz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darwin W. Kurtz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 6:11pm
3.64 her at Co-op today, was 3.18 last week, then 3.44 until today

Wondering if we are not all getting ripped more than we should

Shouldn't the price wait to change until the next load of fuel comes in?
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 8:19pm
re: Shouldn't the price wait to change until the next load of fuel comes in?
hahahahaha ROTFFLOL hahahahaha

the price we pay today is the price 'they' think it'll cost them in the future,plus their obscene markups of course...

Least I 'think' that's how it was explained to me, at a bar, long,long time ago...

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 12:13am
Until fuel in storage is pumped to a car it is NOT billed to that station, same as sitting in a truck on a Highway.  Knew that from working gas station in my teens and delivering fuels in the Late 70s early 80s, we only charged the stations for delivery fee NOT the Gas or Diesel unless was small time operation buying a few thousand gallons essentially in CASH payment.  Refiners set the At Pump Price for the larger flow stations, NOT the station management.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 4:45am
one of the gas stations i frequent has their own semi tanker to deliver to their stations only. was talking with its driver and he said he was at the pipeline the day before and the boss called him, said not to fill the tanker with fuel yet, he'd get back to him...he said about 10 mins later the boss called him and said to go ahead and load. he didn't know why for the delay, thought maybe prices were about to change or something.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 1:00pm
  I remember when the gas station owner paid for the gas when delivered not when sold. That's really throwing the screws to the station owner now a days.
John m View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 1:08pm
Up to 5.05 for diesel now in the U.P. and it'll take another jump before closing tonight. I wonder if steam tractor is the way to go? Lol
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 1:19pm
$4.099 in Mt. Vernon Ohio an hour ago except Wally World was $3.98. Last friday was $3.67. News says will go up some more soon. 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 4:14pm
Where and when it will hit hardest is Planting Season coming SOON, Dyed Diesel is still under $4 gal FOR NOW, delivery driver to the Shop Yard stated was his last load of Diesel to Dye up as the Tank farm told him next loads will be well OVER $4/gal and For NO Road TAX Diesel.  He does not believe his client base will support that.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 10:37am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Where and when it will hit hardest is Planting Season coming SOON, Dyed Diesel is still under $4 gal FOR NOW, delivery driver to the Shop Yard stated was his last load of Diesel to Dye up as the Tank farm told him next loads will be well OVER $4/gal and For NO Road TAX Diesel.  He does not believe his client base will support that.

Not saying anything about this  is good but what  does a farmer do. Been there done that, you buy fuel to put seed in the ground. Thankfully no need to burn much fuel as hay crop is on the doorstep of a crop failure without rain real soon. The cows don't burn gas (just manufacture it like Shameless LOL) and other than hauling them to auction. I just got in under the wire with a bit of gas and diesel in the tanks to do that.

In a  shortage of oil products 30 years ago all the farm fuel suppliers in this area went from 30 days to pay to 10. As the amount of dollars had doubled without any increase in profit for a distributor. Thankfully I have no idea of what farm operating loan is costing today , my guess is no more than 20 years ago. Not like the 80's when it got to the high teens.  Good luck to those of you planning on planting a crop this year.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 11:51am
I suspect most farmers will shrug their shoulders, buy the 'input costs', plant and carry on farming..It's in their blood,plain and simple. Now if they were true 'businessmen', they'd 'run the numbers', see 'red' at the bottom of the paper and NOT farm.

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 12:08pm
Ah yes, another post suggesting farmers aren't businessmen.  

Yep, we can live year after year on negative returns because it's in our blood.  Unhappy
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 12:32pm
Tbone..... remember, you loose money EVERY YEAR.... but you make it up in the LONG RUN..........  like the used care salesman that looses on every sale, but makes it up on the VOLUME of cars he sells !!  Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 12:34pm
Yeah, or get rich from crop insurance!WinkLOL
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 12:47pm
Buddy.... You got to start using that NEW MATH we keep hearing about !!  Thumbs Up
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 12:51pm
Yeah.  I picked a helluva year to add 92 acres to the operation.  Might pay off OK if I can make it to December!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 12:55pm
re: Ah yes, another post suggesting farmers aren't businessmen. 

no... it's businessmen that aren't farmers !!!

A farmer has a love of the soil,will work the farm,trying everything imaginable to keep it viable, until he dies, all a businessman loves is dollars and cents..will move on from nonprofitable jobs.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 1:35pm
There is an old story about the CEO that walks into the Board Room and asks everyone...."WHAT ARE WE IN BUSINESS TO MAKE"...... Of course , everyone says "WE make Widgets SIR"........ and the CEO, says, "NO, WE ARE IN BUSINESS TO MAKE MONEY "!!!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

A farmer has a love of the soil,will work the farm,trying everything imaginable to keep it viable, until he dies, all a businessman loves is dollars and cents..will move on from nonprofitable jobs.
2+2=4=3+1.  Arrange it however you want the meaning doesn't change.

See.....you were doing OK, but you still had to get that last sentence in there.  

It's very true, we do it because we love it.  We do dangerous stuff, in terrible conditions, for very long hours, for sometimes lousy pay, yes, because we love it and it is a calling.

But, you have to BE, or LEARN TO, or CONSULT WITH a businessman, or you will be another has been farmer crying in his coffee in town every morning how he just couldn't keep it going.  You CAN'T do it JUST because you love it, you HAVE TO make it pay, or you will be relegated to an old tractor in a parade.  Not that that's all bad, it's not, but you must treat your farm as a business.  As a group, we hang on longer and try harder through tough times longer than most, granted.  BUT, unless you're playing with unlimited family money, the bank will come calling for their money, and if all you're doing is losing it, you're done.  

Yeah, you had to get bigger to keep going, and there's a lot of hard feelings on that.  I've lived and am living it.  It's where capitalism meets farming, it ain't always pleasant.  

Edited by Tbone95 - 09 Mar 2022 at 1:57pm
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

There is an old story about the CEO that walks into the Board Room and asks everyone...."WHAT ARE WE IN BUSINESS TO MAKE"...... Of course , everyone says "WE make Widgets SIR"........ and the CEO, says, "NO, WE ARE IN BUSINESS TO MAKE MONEY "!!!
Exactly.
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

I’ve got a business degree and I farm. What does that mean? Well outside of my account charges extra.
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 2:10pm
This is how a business man deals with high priced fuel.

"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 2:19pm

U.S. Gas Prices Hit $4.25, Setting Another Record

U.S. gas prices hit another record Wednesday, costing an average $4.25 per gallon, AAA reports.

Prices are up 8 cents from Tuesday, which was a then-record of $4.17. Wednesday's average price climbed nearly 60 cents in one week and is $1.45 higher compared to one year ago, according to AAA.

Top 5 states with highest prices:

• California $5.57
  • Hawaii $4.77
  • Nevada $4.77
  • Oregon $4.66
  • Washington $4.63

Top 5 states with lowest prices:

• Kansas $3.79
  • Oklahoma $3.79
  • Missouri $3.80
  • Arkansas $3.84
  • North Dakota $3.87

*Average prices listed above are for a gallon of regular unleaded gas on 3/9/22, according to AAA.

Thanks, Putin !!!!!

Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 2:35pm
I think the one saving grace this year will be the higher commodity prices.  Of course with all the input prices up, the profit margin will probably be the same if not smaller.  Those of us who direct market should be better off as most of what I grow goes directly to the consumer, either fruit, or grain, which I grind and sell as flour.  My biggest crop, hay, almost goes direct to the consumer, just got to figure out how to get the horse and other livestock growers to give me their CC number...
It's going to be a trying year for us but still a whole lot better then those poor folk in Ukraine.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 5:38pm
question for K99..
Which did you get first the farm or the degree ?

In 5 decades of dealing  with successful business owners, NONE said they'd get into farming(I've always asked). Covers the whole gambit from retail sales, manufacturing,distribution,etc. These are smart guys, do all the 'risk analysis' and ledgers and math and stuff, lots have 3 letters behind their names ,some many 'groupings'. When asked, NONE said they'd get into farming as a business.

Meanwhile, ALL the farmers I've known ARE 'businessmen' They KNOW the math but are faced with far more challenges that the others don't have. Long hours, sick animals, rain (or no rain),obscene fuel costs,broken machines on Sunday, .. yet at the end of the season you hope to at least break even,maybe make a small profit, then plan to do it all over again next year

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 5:57pm
Thanks, Putin !!!!!

YOUR KIDDING RIGHT ??? This is all on WIPE ME... Prices were going HIGHER every month since Jan 2021, WAY before Putin entered the picture.

Edited by steve(ill) - 09 Mar 2022 at 6:00pm
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

all ya diesel owners gotta add the price of the govt juice (DEF) into the cost of your fuel to ya know!

But,But, But, the diesels get SOOOO much better MPG than a gas engine ClapClapClap ???
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 6:35pm
 the diesels get SOOOO much better MPG than a gas engine

They did BEFORE your EPA got involved !!  Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic