This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friend pass on the other day .

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Friend pass on the other day .
    Posted: 22 Jun 2024 at 10:04pm
A fellow I worked with 40 years back and lost contact with for a log time started trading messages on F B around 8 years back . 
 Might be once a week or couple times a month , him telling of his latest fishing trip , or his offer to come out here with bow or shotgun and thin out the deer herd .
  Well last year he said he was selling his fishing boat as could not find anyone who wanted to go fishing with him now .
  His wife passes after a long illness about 6 months ago and every message kind of had a little mention of being alone . Some subtle hints of could not find anyone to play cribbage with or other hints of that type . 
  So yesterday I sent him a fishing mime on F B and couple hours later got a message from his daughter with his OBIT notice . Seems he passed away the day before . 
  Same age as I am and one wonders if a person should have done more , went out of the way to have more contact or got involved in his life more . Something one wonders about , the signs of another getting into the depression in life when their spouse passes , or they have other life altering events . 
  Now he had kids (now adults - and grandkids) so then again makes one wonder how in touch they were with their dad , and if they realized his depression . For his daughter mentioned he had not got over the passing of his wife , even though it was not always smooth sailing in their lives . 
  One takes friends for granted , and how much even staying in contact with others means in ones life . Staying in contact , or just sharing something to another can mean much and have a result you never may know fully how it effects another's life , or even your own .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2024 at 10:24pm

A Little Poem For Seniors, so true it hurts!

Another year has passed And we're all a little older.

Last summer felt hotter And winter seems much colder.

There was a time not long ago When life was quite a blast.

Now fully understand About Living in the Past' 

We used to go to weddings, Football games and lunches.

Now we go to funeral homes And after-funeral brunches.

We used to go out dining, And couldn't get our fill.

Now we ask for doggie bags, Come home and take a pill.

We used to often travel To places near and far.

Now we get sore asses From riding in the car.

We used to go to nightclubs And drink a little booze.

Now we stay home at night And watch the evening news.

That, my friend is how life is, now my tale is told.

So_ enjoy each day and live it up... Before you're too damned old!

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 22 Jun 2024 at 10:27pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2024 at 4:32am
In the last six years and since I retired lost nearly a dozen of those I once worked with. Guys I considered Healthy passed in their sleep or developed massive rapid progression cancers that took them in months. See people die in their 30s up to 50s for numerous reasons should not have and my old decaying body plods along. Guy that trained me decades ago at Feld Truck Rental passed and I was unaware that he died just prior to Covid, no one seems to care enough to let old contacts know.

Sorry for your loss Coke, that emotion is not lost here either.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2024 at 5:18am
Coke, sorry for your loss. When an old friend or relative passes most of us wish we had done more but life just seems to get in the way. I have been in that situation numerous times. Sadly depression is a terrible illness that is often hard to recognize and even more difficult to treat. The loss of a spouse can make a person lose the will to continue on with life. And although they may appear okay on the outside we don't know what they are feeling on the inside.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2024 at 5:55am
Coke,sorry for the loss of your fellow worker. Yes,we do feel guilty that we couldn't do more. I know in my own life,I had one friend commit suicide and two co workers die of cancer shortly after retirement. The older I get,the more life throws curves at us!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic