This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Freeman 11440 Loader on a CA?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Freeman 11440 Loader on a CA?
    Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 6:33pm
Dad happens to have a loader for the H (gears all stripped out of the H).  I don't suppose the Freeman 11440 is adaptable to a CA (for very light work)?

Edited by dfwallis - 08 Dec 2023 at 12:10pm
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 6:59pm
well the back end probably bolts to the axle and the front end bolts to the frame about the center of the engine ???  You could probably adapt the back end... but your going to need quite a MODIFICATION to find something to bolt the front end to ?? 
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

well the back end probably bolts to the axle and the front end bolts to the frame about the center of the engine ???  You could probably adapt the back end... but your going to need quite a MODIFICATION to find something to bolt the front end to ?? 

Yeah, I didn't think so.  Just seeing which of dad's disused implements I can make use of.  Probably the 3pt grader blade is about all I'll be able to reuse.
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2023 at 12:38pm
I made a typo when I first posted.  I intended to type 11440 and instead typed 11400 (corrected above).  Dad told me it was an 11440 after checking.  However, my vague memory is more like the 11400 (tubular frame rather than square).  So I'm not completely confident in what it is at the moment.  :(  I'll see in the spring.  I don't remember any unusual front end attachment structure.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2023 at 12:44pm
Something has to hold the front end up... Either its a short frame and attaches to the side rails around the middle of the engine... or it extends up past the radiator and attaches to the  front axle mount area.. ??
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2023 at 12:50pm
this one looks like it bolts to the c- channel frame along the engine , maybe by the bell housing.... I can see it on a WC or WD... would take some MODS to get it on a CA.

Edited by steve(ill) - 08 Dec 2023 at 12:51pm
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2023 at 2:32pm
Looks like a lot of loader for a CA.  A CA is a lot smaller than an H as well.  Not a bad idea, but I wouldn't do it.  That tractor does not have the strength it needs to support it, and steering would be your next problem - hope you have strong arms!
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2023 at 3:44pm
Even with the loaders that Allis Chalmers built for the CA it's a good way to ruin a CA. As mentioned the tractor frame and steering are no up to the stress a loader puts on.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2023 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

Even with the loaders that Allis Chalmers built for the CA it's a good way to ruin a CA. As mentioned the tractor frame and steering are no up to the stress a loader puts on.

I have some ideas on beefing things up a little...if I decide to add a loader.  Frankly, I don't really need one anytime soon, I think.  A grader blade will probably be enough initially (already available and previously used on the CA).  But my goal is to improve the overall capability of the tractor.  On the other hand, it will take a good chunk of next year before I get it finished, so it's just fantasy at this point.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2023 at 6:40pm
The tractor will do a lot within reason... If you were using the bucket to lift a 300# engine or transmission, that would be helpful. ... Having a set of FORKS to use as a forktruck for a similar load would be NICE on occasion..
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 7:12am
I have a set of clamp on forks that I use on my subcompact (Massey Ferguson) tractor. The problem with forks is a lot of the weight is 3' beyond the bucket, which means even a relatively light load is exerting a lot more leverage on the loader than a load in the bucket.

For a tractor like a CA, with no frame, extra leverage can mean a major problem.
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 11:41am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

The tractor will do a lot within reason... If you were using the bucket to lift a 300# engine or transmission, that would be helpful. ... Having a set of FORKS to use as a forktruck for a similar load would be NICE on occasion..

I'd be more inclined to attach forks to the rear.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 1:19pm
They made a peice that went from the bellhousing to the front where the side weight bolts for the culivator and mounted corn planter. I remember as a kid we had a loader on the CA. It done the corn planting, cultivating, had cycle bar mounted mower and mowed all the hay and loaded all the manure.
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

They made a peice that went from the bellhousing to the front where the side weight bolts for the culivator and mounted corn planter. I remember as a kid we had a loader on the CA. It done the corn planting, cultivating, had cycle bar mounted mower and mowed all the hay and loaded all the manure.

I have those engine area side pieces.  They've been installed for the last 50 years, I only took them off so I could paint and clean them up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic