This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wd propane head?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaddison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wd propane head?
    Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 1:26pm
A guy is wantin to sell me what he says is a head off of a propane wd. I know ih guys run lp heads for more power. But the allis head is flat so is there any difference in the lp compared to the gas. If so what would a good price.
Sponsored Links

Zaddison View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaddison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 1:29pm
I'm sure they just have taller pistons to bump the compression. What I was wondering if it had any bigger valves or flowed any better its going on a 37 wc I need a head so I may have to buy it either way. Thanks.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 1:48pm
Gas and LP heads on an A-C are all the same. That guy is full of it.
56allis_msu View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 56allis_msu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 1:27am
Allis doesn't build compression in the head. Allis builds compression in the cylinders correct Dr? Sounds like he's just trying to make money off of you.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 7:53am
If you take a D-17 and a 170 and a 175 OEM 4 inch Power Crater piston and lay them side by side, they are all exactly the same forging. The only difference is where they drill the piston pin hole in relation to the top of the piston. This is what gives the 7.25 to 1 or the 8.00 to 1 or the 8.25 to 1 compression ratio. The WD-45 piston is a little different (6.5 to 1) as the piston bowl is a little different than the others.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic