This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fence row wc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaddison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fence row wc
    Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 8:04pm
I bought a 37 wc out of a fence row for $200. Tank is good everything is there but back rims and tires which I have. They guy I bought it from said the crank was bad so my plan was to throw a 45 crank in it and get it goin for my brother to pull. A friend of mine has a set of 170 pistons which I thank have a greater compression height then the flat top wc piston. If so would this be possible to run with a wd45 crank in the wc or would it hit the head at tdc
Sponsored Links

AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 6:37pm
AS long as the pistons came from a 4.5" crank (and 170 ones do) then you should be good to go.  Not sure what the compression would be for a hand crank start machine, though.  Might want to do a styled bell housing conversion and get electric start while you are at it.  I also wouldn't be surprised if you find a 45 crank and M&W pistons in it.
AaronSEIA
Zaddison View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaddison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 11:36pm
I popped the head off my new wc. It has 4 1/8 dished pistons the tallest part is 1/2 inch from the head and 7/8 to the shortest part. So with the 45 crank they would be 1/4 and 5/8 at tdc right? Not counting the head gasket. Any ideas on what the compresion would be?
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 4:02pm
If my memory serves me right, divide the cylinder volume at BDC by the cylinder volume at TDC. Volume at TDC equals the 1 in XX:1.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic