This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wiper motor fix-need help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wiper motor fix-need help
    Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 9:33am
Wiper motor on my tractor has a stripped shaft that the blade is attached to. The shaft has a knurled knob that is in turn knurled on the inside to slip on the actual shaft coming out of the motor. That inside knurl is stripped so this little knob that turns the wipe blade just spins on the motor shaft. Expensive fix is new wiper motor. Prefer not to go there.

Any one with ideas on how to now keep that knurled knob from spinning on shaft. Would expoxy work? Appreciate any ideas.

Merry Christmas to all.
Sponsored Links

Orange Tractors View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Tractors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 10:22am
You have wipers?

I would drill both pieces and pin them together, a 3/32" or 1/8" roll pin should work.

Robert
cwhit View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwhit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 10:24am
Drill a hole. Bolt or roll pin . On our 7000 series I just removed the wiper and use Rain X.
Jeff Z. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff  Z.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 10:38am
If it is like ones on a car it may be repaired.
Have done many with success on all.

Take a small metal pick and clean out all the groves on the shaft that the wiper arm fits over and get a new wiper arm.
I Love Meatballs and Dumplings on Toast with Gravy and Rosemary and ??? {Open For Suggestions}
ChuckLuedtkeSEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckLuedtkeSEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 11:15am
Dale, I had the same problem on the ones on my Chevy pickup.   Cleaned them up really good, put some JB Weld in there and then put them back together.   The rest of the time I owned that truck, I didn't have any problems with them.  
1955 WD45 diesel 203322 was my dad's tractor, 1966 D15 23530, 1961 HD3 Crawler 1918, 1966 D17 IV 83495, 1937 WC 41255, 1962 D19 6221
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 11:24am
you could drill and tap the outside piece for a small allen head set screw if 2 are used set them ad 90deg to each other , JB weld should work also but using a set screw will hold the best. Drilling through the small motor shaft may cause more problems.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic