This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finally got my d21 Series I from Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally got my d21 Series I from Canada
    Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 5:02pm
Well after 2 years of dealing with Vern Otto and the trucking company he used i finally got my tractor a few months ago. It is a pretty original Series I that has never been turboed. So far i have taken the cab off and put new rims and tires on it. These are the pics when i first got it. Glad to finally get it home.
Sponsored Links

dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 5:03pm
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 5:04pm
Don't those grills just look mean
R.W View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 5:14pm
Very nice! I still can't get over how nice D21's look!!
Skyhighballoon(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyhighballoon(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 5:20pm
Jason - look great.  I'm very glad to hear it worked out for you in the end.  I've seen all the horror stories posted on the YT feedback forum about Vern Otto.  I'm surprised you got your tractor and didn't get taken.  I'm sure many of us here would like to hear the whole story if you are willing to share it.  Mike
1981 Gleaner F2 Corn Plus w 13' flex
1968 Gleaner EIII w 10' & 330
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
303 wire baler, 716H, 712H mowers
D-allis Iowa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-allis Iowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 6:41pm
Nice looking tractor. I would keep it original.
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 6:50pm
I like it! Like that style of cab, good work, Trev.
Tony Elo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Elo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 7:35pm
nice tractor where did it come from in Canada? there was one just like that one around the corner from me,I went to see it but it was gone,just curious if thats the one.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 7:56pm
Nice originial tractor. That Vern guy is a piece of work. Glad it worked out for you.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Luke R. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luke R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 9:00pm
Looks aewsome im even excited. Vern can be a real pistol. You just have to threaten him a few times and he will abide.
4-7030's,170G,220FWA,3-220's,210,D21II,D21I industrial,2-200's,3-190's,175D,2-D19D's,D19G,WD45,WD,CA,2-UCont.,5015FWA,917,B110,Gleaner F
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 9:29pm
Sounds like kin to Okie.
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 9:50pm
Glad to see you finally got it, Jason.  Know you've been working on the delivery for quite some time.  Next time you have one of your "shows" I'll have to come up and drive it.  Dave
DarrylinWA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrylinWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 10:09pm
Thats looks awesome Jason. What is the serial number ?

Take care, Darryl
B 10 Custom. Serial # 1001 D21, First D21 built 69 #4498 and Last D 21 Built #4609. 1946 MM UTU. And 2000, 2005 Pete's. AC custom Hauling.
bwp View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 10:35pm
That's one cool looking tractor!
1962 D19D FEL, 1970 F250 390FE, 1997 Dodge Viper GTS, 1968 Roadrunner in pieces...

Whether you think you can do thing or if you think you can't, you're probably right. Henry Ford
Orange Blood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Blood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 11:59pm
That is the exact same cab as our has, haven't seen many like it, but I think I have dad convinced to take it off as well.

Great looking tractor!!!
Still in use:
HD7 WC C CA WD 2-WD45 WD45LP WD45D D14 3-D17 D17LP 2-D19D D19LP 190XTD 190XTLP 720 D21 220 7020 7030 7040 7045 3-7060
Projects: 3-U UC 2-G 2-B 2-C CA 7-WC RC WDLP WF D14 D21 210 7045 N7
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 12:06am
Well the tractor was for sale on yesterdays tractors almost 2 years ago. I contacted him and he informed me it was a one owner tractor and was very original. So we settled on a price and he told me i had to do a direct deposit to his bank from my bank. I told him that i have never done that before and that the check i send will be good and that he could cash it right away since i had to wait for the tractor to be delivered. Well he did not like this but ended up telling me to send him a check. He also told me that he had sold several oliver tractors to a collector in Iowa and that my tractor would be hauled their with those tractors for around 450 dollars which i thought was a fair price. Well he cashed my check and told me my tractor would be shipped within a month. Well the month went by and nothing. So i emailed and called him and he assured me that the trucking company would come to get it. I called the company and they told me they would get getting it soon to ship with the other tractors to Iowa. I asked them if they wanted me to mail them a check and they told me to mail it to Vern which i did. Well then over a year goes by with constant responses from Vern telling me the trucking company could not come out to his place because the snow as too deep or he was not home. Well finally my tractor was loaded up with the other tractors and taken to Winnipeg. Well they sat their for a long time because vern would not give them the money we had gave him to pay for the shipping to Iowa. So the tractors sat their for months and i had constant emails telling Vern he needed to pay the trucking company. Finally the money was paid and our tractors were shipped. I then contacted Sparky(He is the oliver collector in Iowa that had purshased some oliver tractors from Vern and my tractor was getting shipped to his place with those tractors and my trucker would head over to his place to get my tractor to bring back to nebraska. Well Sparky informes me that the trucker dropped off his olivers and a farmall tractor but no D21 allis. Sparky told the truck that this was not right and the trucker told him that he had dropped my d21 off by mistake in Wisconsin and the farmall was suppose to go to Wisconsin. The trucker pretty well told Sparky tough luck. When i called the trucking company they told me the same thing. So then I had to contact the gentleman in Wisconsin who was very cool and in a few months he went to Iowa and dropped of my D21 and a Massey tractor that had been dropped off at his place. Sparky told me that he had no idea who the Massey belong to and he agreed with me that we were lucky to tractors out of this deal. So any way the tractor is original but what a hassel to deal with. Most tractor people are honest but there are a few you have to watch. Again I happy with the tractor just the stress of wondering if you will ever get it sucks.
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 12:07am
Serial number is 1815
Dutchboy Johan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchboy Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 12:50am
What a story behind it. Respect for the patience you've had with this D21. Glad that you have it now. It's a very nice looking 21.

How many D21's doe you have now?
---> Better by Design <---

Johan Straver, Almkerk/ Netherlands

Allis-Chalmers 190XT Ser.III #26829XTD
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 1:15am
just have this one and a series II
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 3:13am
Our series II
Eric[IL] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric[IL] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 2:25pm
That is a story.  I would not have been so patient as you.  In the end, you did right by waiting...  Good for you!  It is a very clean D21.  You should be proud...
Stan R View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 5:30pm
Sending all the money without receipt of goods? You are a much more trusting person than I am.
agcodick View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agcodick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 8:25pm
I know they look better to most without them but why does everyone trash the cabs that are on allot of older tractors. In my opinion there just as old as the tractor in most cases and share the tractors histor. Is there really no value in these older cabs? I can see someday someone will say " hey, remember those neat old cabs? Where did they all go?"
AndrewGubbels View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewGubbels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 8:32pm
looks great  Jason.  I also would let it original way above average.  I have all your pieces cut and ready to weld together I just need to DO it!!  ha ha Sorry for the delay.  are you coming to the shop any time soon?

Thanks again!

Andrew
Andrew Gubbels
Gubbels Restoration
Dave in il View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 9:40pm
Well the cabs back in the day were cramped, noisey and hot in the summer but they sure were better than a heat houser or worse, nothing when fall plowing. On the other hand very few made the tractor look better (even the factory ones) and most were down right ugly. Now most of these tractors will be parading more than plowing so why put up with an ugly cab that 99% of the time wouldn't be needed. 
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 11:14pm
Dave,you have alot of wisdom for such a young fella.
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 2:09am
great find Jason!! uhhhh...what's the pipe wrench for??
D-allis Iowa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-allis Iowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 6:47am
way back most of the cabs were not factory cabs, they were made by other companys and then mounted later so the cabs are not Allis Chalmers. The factory cabs to me look nice and I would never remove them.
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 9:16am
Lol the pipe wrench is for that aluminum piece that made the air intake pipe bigger. They had tin cans jammed in it to make it tight on the original pipe. The pipe wrench allowed me to turn it and get it off. I bought an original air intake from andy gubbels so that looks better now and hes making me a straight pipe piece for under the hood. As you can see on the right side the muffler had sprung a leak and heat got to the decal. No on makes that muffler any more so i am just going to make a pipe to my straight pipe that will go through the hood. He did email me a receipt for the tractor but like i said 99% of people I have bought items from have been honest and up front. Vern finds good tractor i believe i just don;t think he personally owns them before he sells them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic