This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nice WM Dozer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarmerChuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nice WM Dozer
    Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 2:27pm
New to forum.  Bought what looks like a lightly used, well cared for mostly original 1940 WM Dozer at estate auction. Complete but for side curtains and generator. Light duty blade with angle and tilt.  “Cargo Winch” made by Pacific Car & Foundry, Renton WA.

Have not tried to start, but prep to do so going well. Looking forward to this new project! And help from Unofficial Allis members.

Having trouble posting pics.  Hope to get some added soon. following link has Auction photos if you are able to access it.

https://jmillerauctioneers.hibid.com/lot/189441888/allis-chalmers-bulldozer-with-winch?ref=catalog

< ="application/x-apple-msg-attachment" ="blob:https://www.allischalmers.com/b0f38d48-73f3-4501-9e72-db7cb9a8f973" apple-inline="no" id="9A4B9387-C735-4526-BE67-EE738BCC0565" height="84" width="97" apple-width="yes" apple-height="yes">
Many Projects, too little time! AC Model M dozer with winch, MF40, MF35 Utility, IH 606, Fordson Super Dexta, Fordson Super Major, Pettibone Super 8
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:15pm
Some serious wide track pads on that one!  Also, plate bolted behind carb...  Sign of rod release?  Hope its repaired right...Thumbs Up
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 9:00pm
Dave 75 % are cracked there ,its water jacket 
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
FarmerChuck View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarmerChuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 11:26pm
Dave: Wide pads, yes.  I haven't measured them but assume its the factory wide version.  Previous owner welded about 1/2 inch extensions on each pad bar, inch or two narrower than the factory pads.  For better traction I assume since the pads (and rest of track) are not greatly worn.  Good welds, nicely done mod.  Back when time and welding skill was more "abundant/affordable"!

Fred, thanks for the encouraging info. I am pretty sure the patch is freeze damage.  No sign of leaking, internal or external.  Oil looks great.  Engine turns over smoothly and easily (plugs out).  And I have seen pics with repair in that place on block. And we have/have had several engines on the farm with brazing or other freeze repair that worked fine.  Hope springs eternal, as the saying goes!

Many Projects, too little time! AC Model M dozer with winch, MF40, MF35 Utility, IH 606, Fordson Super Dexta, Fordson Super Major, Pettibone Super 8
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 10:35am
I had a WS at one time, --- WIDE tracks on the sucker and big old doder blade on it.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarmerChuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 6:50pm
AC Fleet, 
 you do much work on or with the WM you had? Interested in  Plusses minuses, etc.  I hope to get it running and serviced (all by me) and use in some low key juniper hobby logging on (4,000 acre) family ranch in Central OR.  My brother has a very nice Woodmiser portable bandsaw mill set up at the ranch and is learning to use it.  Of course we are working with Juniper (and some pine, piece of cake) so good luck!! Had to set aside work on my WD so no update at this time.  Haven't identified make of blade.  Any idea who might have made it?  My guess is a Pacific Northwest Machine, but no real info to support that. FYI for whatever reason I struggle to edit typing here with my MacBook Air.  Weird.  so Pls tolerate misspelling and other "stuff".
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 11:54am
Maybe visit the Brooks Oregon antique tractor show, 2 weekends in June I think. They started the Antique Caterpillar club back in the 90's. But as good a place as any find experts 0n makes of dozer blades.

The fact that the arms the rams are attacked to is cut steel plate rather than big cast pieces, says 1950's to me. If this is true the blade was not put on your tractor as new. But all more guessing on my part.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarmerChuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 2:16pm
Good suggestion: Antique Power Land Annual Event Brooks OR .  Last weekend July, first weekend Aug.  will plan to attend.  Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic