This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PPG Paint Code

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfh9036 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PPG Paint Code
    Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 11:00pm
Could someone please share the paint code for PPG single stage Persian Orange #2. I greatly appreciate your help. 
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 8:26am
Ted lists that, and others... in his post here...

Persian #2
Allis Chalmers         Persian Orange                              60396  

Edited by steve(ill) - 29 Jan 2024 at 8:28am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 3:38am
Thanks Steve!
A lot of these new guys don't even look at the Knowledge Base.  Nice to have a reminder out there every once in a while.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
dfh9036 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfh9036 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 2:35pm
Thank you for your help. Greatly appreciated. 
Michagman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 6:41pm
How does the Agco brand paint hold up to the sun and weather?  Our disc was repainted by a previous owner and is basically pink now.  It will need some blades soon and it would be a good time to repaint it again.  I would just as soon save the time, money, and effort if a new paint job would fade out again within a few more years of outdoor storage.  It's a shame it was repainted, the original paint peaking out here and there still looks pretty good.  I was just wondering about your experiences, sorry for going off topic.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2024 at 6:32am
Originally posted by Michagman Michagman wrote:

How does the Agco brand paint hold up to the sun and weather?  Our disc was repainted by a previous owner and is basically pink now.  It will need some blades soon and it would be a good time to repaint it again.  I would just as soon save the time, money, and effort if a new paint job would fade out again within a few more years of outdoor storage.  It's a shame it was repainted, the original paint peaking out here and there still looks pretty good.  I was just wondering about your experiences, sorry for going off topic.

I, personally, have had good luck with AGCO (made by Valspar) paint. I spray it at a ratio of 4 parts paint, one part Valspar Renew hardener and one part reducer.

It is priced well below most automotive at about $45 to $50 per quart. The Renew hardener is pricey but goes a long way.

The paint retains its color well and does not fade. With the mix I use (above), I get a nice mirror finish. 

I have no plans on using any other brand of paint.
Michagman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 7:24am
Thanks WF owner, that's what I wanted to know.  I really liked the Valspar Restoration paint TSC used to carry.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic