This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7060 questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 10:47pm
Finally got it in the shop and dropped the pan. Coolant is dripping off the #4 cylinder over the main bearing.
Sponsored Links

Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 9:35pm
55 PSI , hot oil pressure. I wouldn't worry about that right now. You have water in the oil. That is causing a steam to come out of the breather tuber. Take the pan off and pressurize the cooling system to determine how the coolant is getting in the oil. Probably a sleeve seal and maybe caused by a scored piston. Correct the leak and replace all the bearings while there. The injection pump leak is fairly easily fixed as long as you don't twist off any of the top cover screws and don't drop any of the parts into the pump.Smile
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 8:35pm
My early maroon 7060 looks like is needing special attention. Beginning with what appears to be some serious blow by. If that isn't concerning enough recently the oil pressure light was taking much longer to go out than usual to a point it wouldn't go out at all today. I have another 7060 just sitting for now so I swapped oil sending units and that worked as normal so suspecting a defective sending unit. Which brings a question. I want to install a pressure gauge to check actual pressure. What PSI should expect to see? Hour meter shows over 11000 hrs. Accurate? I don't know. What was done to it by PO? I don't know. I have plans to drop oil pan and check rod bearing clearance. Another thing I checked, loosened the oil drain plug and got about a pint of antifreeze out of it. Didn't want to see that. Will find more information after pan drop. Coolant system doesn't seem to be pressurized with engine running but will do further testing. Injector pump leaks around throttle shaft.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic