This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

80xx "blinker" switch replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 80xx "blinker" switch replacement
    Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 4:58pm
In a previous post about an 8030 with flasher issues, the blinker switch was talked about and said a John Deere part #ar64422 was a good replacement. I did a search and found Stiener Tractor had a replacement part, said it works on Gleaner, Case, Allis and others. In the past I have asked my Agco dealer about the original part number but was told it was unavailable. I did order the part from Steiners, installed it today. It looks identical, the original AC plug fit right on the back of the switch. I turned on the flashers and all 4 flashers came on including the "blinker" light in the dash, which isn't supposed to come on until the blinker is activated. I turned the "blinker" to left and right but nothing changed. All 4 flashers flash.  So, do I have a bad component from Steiner or is this part not compatible with the AC and Gleaner. I have several 80xx tractors that I would like to have turn signals on.
Thanks all
Leon B  MO
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
Sponsored Links

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 8:05pm
There was a service bulletin from AC at one time that told a change in wording to change. It also came in box with new switch. I'm sure some on here has that bulletin.                 MACK
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 8:14pm
Like Mack says, there was a wiring change needed on earlier serial number tractors. Evidently something was changed in the switch that required this wiring change. I believe that it was a ground wire that has to be cut and then it was connected to another wire with a blue scotch lock connector.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 8:30pm

Ryan in that other post supplied a conversation kit number 277406. Say’s available 

Edited by Mikez - 14 Sep 2023 at 8:32pm
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 8:42pm
Maybe he will chime in. I’m curious as to where he got this part number
ryan(IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan(IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 9:00pm
Page 38 in parts book under flasher it says (SWITCH, FLASHER, TURN SIGNAL (INCL. KNOB, 3/4" LOCKWASHER & NUT, & PAN HD. SCREW W/LOCKWASHER) (SERVICE W/SWITCH 70275866 & CONVERSION KIT 70275870) (PRIOR S/N 2998)  

That conversion kit # supercedes to the 70277406. This is the flasher unit and a blue wire that you change.  Have 16 in batavia parts depot.  Lists for $114.  I have one in stock at work that has the bulletin about what wire you change.  I can get a scan of it and post it if needed. 

On Steiners site it shows the wiring instructions.  I would bet their switch needs a wire changed just like the agco switch. 

Edited by ryan(IN) - 14 Sep 2023 at 9:02pm
ryan
1984 8070 FWA,1979 7060,1975 7040,1971 190,1960 D-17D,1957 D-14, 196? D-19G, 1975 5040,1971? 160,1994 R62
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 9:07pm
Thanks I got it now.
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2023 at 7:28am
Thanks all. I'll see what I can find on Steiners site
Leon B Mo
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic