This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Indiana Tractor Company

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indiana Tractor Company
    Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 11:06am
I received a call from a collector who has a Indiana tractor which looks very similar to a 6-12 Allis Chalmers.  He believes Indiana Tractor Company was bought out by Allis Chalmers. I have not heard of this before and am looking to the wealth of knowledge on this forum to hopefully gain more knowledge . Please pass along any information you might have about the Indiana Tractor's relationship to Allis Chalmers.
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 12:37pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 12:42pm
https://www.smokstak.com/forum/threads/indiana-tractor.38157/

when you click on the above link it will put a %20 at the end of the 38157/  ... click on the link bar at the top of that page and BACKSPACE to eliminate the %20 ... then hit ENTER.

from the above link.........

Edited by steve(ill) - 09 Jun 2023 at 12:49pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Jacob (WI,ND) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob (WI,ND) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 4:15pm
While I am no expert, I've learned a bit about the 6-12's since restoring mine. While there are some similarities between the design of the Allis 6-12 and the Indiana, namely that they both used LeRoi engines and had the same basic engine in front and sulky in the back configuration.  But other manufactures had the same idea during that time too, for example the Minneapolis Universal. 
To my knowledge, Allis did NOT buy Indiana.  But if there is proof of this, I would like to see it and know about it too.
Jacob Swanson
1920 6-12; 1925,1926 20-35 longfenders; 1925,1926 15-25's; 1927,1929 20-35 shortfenders; C; B's; IB; WC's; WD; WD45
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2023 at 6:17am
Thanks for the information and it is interesting how the development of the farm tractor began.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic