This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1969 A-C 220 for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1969 A-C 220 for sale
    Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 7:57am
EDIT: NOW for sale a 1969 Allis-Chalmers 220 tractor with serial number 1012 !!  So, if it wasn't built on the first days production of the model 220, it was surely built the second day, as the first one built was s/n 1001. The tractor is a 2WD and is equipped with PTO and 3-point hitch. All hitch components are not bent up or welded. Factory top link !!!   Rear tires are 24.5 x 32's that are pretty bad. The left rear rim needs replacement as it is calcium rotted. Front tires are 11:00 x 16's.  It has an add-on double dutch door style cab with the factory OEM fenders still in place. It has the optional rear fender skirts. Seat is the super deluxe style with pretty nice cushions. Hour meter shows 2840 hrs and I will verify if it works or not when I get it home. To look it over, one might think the hrs are correct or at least very close. This tractor was driven to where it has sat for 15+ years, shut off and left sitting. Still had a mounted chisel plow hooked to it. I assume engine is stuck, but will verify. Engine oil looks really nice and is at the proper level. Antifreeze is either drained or where it belongs. So, there is a perfectly good crankshaft, block and probably cylinder head to work with. The sheet metal is very nice, as are the brake/clutch pedals and platform. It has the four battery package and everything is there but the batteries. If it was made a runner, I'd consider erasing the hood decals, giving the paint a really good buff/detail/polish like a car and install new Maple Hunter hood decals. I think it has that much potential, after removing the cab. I'm having it hauled to my place this week ? I hope and it will be up for auction bidding soon afterwards. I have a starting bid of $2500. If you're interested, PM me and I can text or email you some pics. I am the Auctioneer, so bidding will take place thru my cell phone with a start and end date to be announced soon. Hope to wrap this up in a couple of weeks. Please PM me for as much info as you need. This will make someone a very nice restoration project. Thank you.

Edited by DrAllis - 28 Mar 2023 at 6:10pm
Sponsored Links

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 2:18pm
Where are you located Doc and do you have any idea what it weighs (for trucking)?
steve fischer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve fischer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 3:20pm
Doc have rebuilt engines for it if someone does not want to rebuild it 

coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 6:37am
Tractor is located in Eastern Iowa
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 8:50pm
Tractor should be available to look at after tomorrow. Text me for exact location and a time for viewing. Auction may start this weekend. Thanks.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 3:00pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 3:04pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 3:33pm
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 5:43pm
Tractor is in my possession and is now for sale. Bids taken by text or calling me at 319-360-4788. Current bid is $4500 as of 5:30 PM Iowa time. Bids will be taken up to 4PM (Central daylight time) Iowa time on THIS SATURDAY April 1st. Obviously if there are two bidders slugging it out at 4pm, we go until someone quits. No new bidders after 4 pm.
Since getting the tractor home, I have pleasantly discovered the engine is NOT stuck and turns over nice. Also, the tachometer works, but the hr meter seems to be stuck a "00" on the hundreds part, so I don't think it works. It says 2840 hrs. But, when I look at the brass seat suspension bushings, and see that they are original (cracked as usual but not destroyed), and the owner is at least a 200 lb guy, I don't think the hours are that far off. Any questions please call me. Thank you. Someone is going to own a pretty nice 220 to make pretty.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 6:48pm
$5,000 bid from Iowa. Thank you.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 6:53pm
$5250 bid from Kentucky. Thank you.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 7:02pm
We are now at $7500 from Ohio. Thank you.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 5:26am
Top bidder is now $8250, also from Ohio. Thank you.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 9:40am
New bidder from Pennsylvania....now $8500. Thank you.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 8:46pm
Back to Ohio for $8750. Thank you.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 11:58am
Today at 4 PM ends the bidding. As of a few minutes ago, I have a new bidder also from Ohio and we are now at $10,000 dollars. Thank you.

Edited by DrAllis - 01 Apr 2023 at 12:12pm
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 4:09pm
Time is up !!!  I want to thank all of those who placed a bid on this tractor. It is nice to see that there are others besides myself that feel that saving a little piece of American farming history is a good thing to do. The Allis-Chalmers 220 Landhandler tractor is certainly one of those pieces !! Thank you all.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 7:28pm
It's one I want very much but as you know, I have my hands full. Maybe someday
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 7:30pm
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 8:06pm
That’s will make the new owner happy. Way to go Dr Allis !!
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 8:28pm
Funny how things work out sometimes. The former owner had told me all along he thought it had been sitting for about 15 yrs. Last used in the fall chisel plowing, as the mounted chisel was still hooked to it. There is still about 3/4 of a tank of diesel fuel in it, so hopefully the tank isn't rusty inside and doesn't require too much to clean it out. I hung a 2 gallon fuel tank on it with a fresh fuel filter and some highly "doctored-up" fuel and I don't think we pulled it more than 200 feet and it was running, hitting on all six cylinders !!! Turbo sounds great, even after digging out a pound of rust in the exhaust elbow that was nearly plugged. The only thing I question is if the injection pumps advance is working. I think it sounds late on timing when I throttle it up, but we'll look into that once the electric starter is functioning and the cab is removed and disposed of. Nice to hear it run and good oil pressure and no puffy blow by at all.
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 8:55pm
Assuming the new owner has you turning wrenches on her to get her running again, he made a wise choice. Glad it’s working out that she can be saved with the original engine. I’m sure you will have her running like she should be in no time. As far as fuel in the tank, what a blessing it was that full. I got a JD diesel 70 running again this past fall that had been sitting since 1989. Luckily, it was almost full of fuel. Pet cock had been left on so fuel all the way through the system. After verifying everything was free, she fired up with a good tug behind my D17. Sometimes I just get lucky. Runs like a top, all fluids and filters changed she is ready for duty. Hope it works out the same for you. And your right, turbo sounds great!

Edited by AC720Man - 09 Apr 2023 at 9:14pm
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic