This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will this dang winter never end?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will this dang winter never end?
    Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 7:50pm
I got up this morning and the snow was gone, it was 40°+ outside. When I came out of the shed this afternoon, an 1"+ of snow, more coming down and 20°-outside. If I can manage it , next winter I want to spend most of it laying on a California beach about 1 foot north of the Mexican border, just watching young gals frolicking around.
Sponsored Links

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by 200Tom1 200Tom1 wrote:

I got up this morning and the snow was gone, it was 40°+ outside. When I came out of the shed this afternoon, an 1"+ of snow, more coming down and 20°-outside. If I can manage it , next winter I want to spend most of it laying on a California beach about 1 foot north of the Mexican border, just watching young gals frolicking around.

We were 23 degrees Tuesday morning in Arkansas.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 8:49pm
Tom,
Might not be a good move. Between the floods and the snow they're in worst shape than you are!  LOL!  It's crazy out there!   Wacko
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 7:03am
'thems that deserves, gets' ?????

sad thing is they'll be whining about no water 4 months from now .......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 8:40am
Central Illinois has been different this year... The COLD has been off and on.. somedays gets up to 50... basically NO SNOW this year... Everytime it tries, the temp gets to 40 degrees and we get RAIN.... Plently of RAIN this year...... have never seen this "lack of snow" before..
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 8:46am
It was 60 when I went to work yesterday, wind out of the south about 20, kind of rainy.
About 35 by 3pm and wind from the NW about 25-30. 1/2 of snow when I got up this morning. Always rains on Thursday, has for the last 2 months.
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 9:54am
  Getting close to breaking snowfall record up here in Minnescrotum, tired of it.
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 11:58am
I had a ground hog experience this morning when I stepped out of the house; I wanted to go back inside for 6 more months
Darrel
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 11:59am
X 2 what NEVER green said 14' + snowfall in Upstate NY.  Should be a good crop year!  LOL
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 12:49pm
Where are you orangeborn? I am trumansburg and i haven't had enough snow to bother plowing yet. Worst thing is the weatherman screams " major blizzard" , all the schools close and we get two inches
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 12:50pm
I am with you Tom. Have work to be getting done outside and this weather is not helping!
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 3:37pm
While I would love to be outside, there is plenty to do in the warm shop. Have some tire work to do and service the 7045 and a couple other vehicles. Will be a scramble for sure when weather finally improves.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 3:43pm
64 here yesterday, 33 by 8pm, never crossed 32 Today except in sun and wind screaming all day above 10-25mph.  Cold until Tuesday then back to 50/60s and rain returns.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 4:05pm
I went to the honey production shed at 8:00 am this morning. Was gonna make a bunch of stuff plus empty a 55 gallon barrel of honey. I got the barrel of honey emptied, and then #1 son and his wife and daughter showed up. They have a show coming up this weekend so I didn't get anything done out there. They were bottling honey, taking stuff I had made for my show comming up next week end. If my dang back let's me, I will go back out later on and see if I can get some more beer breads made. Plus's I got to bottle about 100 bottles of honey. That sorta gets boring after a while. It rained some this morning, its a worse mess outside. Still gots the dang snow. I could take off for that California beach tomorrow, but that's not gonna happen, got too much work to do.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 6:55am
 END??? Here it's never started. We've had a few cold days before Christmas and a few times someone shook the SnowGlobe, but that's about it. It doesn't even look as if we're going to have "Mud Season" this year. All the trees are budding.  
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 10:21pm
I'll be glad to share some mud with you. A few weeks ago it rained 3" one afternoon and it hasn't stopped since. Snowed a little about noon today. I'm headed for a farm sale tomorrow, I hope its froze up, I drove by the place and it had water standing everywhere the stuff was lined up. Its gonna be a muddy mess it it isn't froze up.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 5:47am
Was a mud mess here until last Friday, turned off Cold as did not get above freezing yesterday.  Today have 'A Chance' to get to forty so mud will return.  Have vege starts in my workshop gonna plant in wife's planter boxes and set in our breezway to allow to ready for real planting near end of month.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 6:49pm
We've been lucky here as well. Didn't even have much of a Winter (which was fine with me) Had a couple inches of snow in Dec. then a couple inches in Jan. a few dustings in Feb, and just had a couple inches fall last week, but it's all gone already. It's been in the mid 40's here all Winter. The lawn has been like mush. Usually, it's 4 not 44. Supposed to get into the 60's middle of this week... Keep it comin'!!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 10:32pm
It was froze up enough to keep the mud down. I didn't get the disk I wanted, I did buy a big ol heavy 3point blade for $120.00. I'm gonna get it home, sand blast it later and paint it AC Orange. I've seen them before but cannot remember the brand.   Everything went cheap except the disk I wanted. The dang wind was coming out of the north west, blowing right over ol shameless place, the wind was COLD.

Edited by 200Tom1 - 19 Mar 2023 at 10:35pm
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 1:15pm
 I was always told to plant your peas on St. Patrick's Day, couldn't do it cause of rain the snow a little tried to plant this morning and ground was frozen, will try tomorrow.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 8:27pm
Blade was an International. I'll paint it IHC white. That way, It'll be ok behind the 200.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 8:42pm
Hang in there Tom, I guarantee it will warm up the 4th of July.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic