This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Headed to the Ozarks,,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 1:01pm
 Sounds like he caught, hook, line and sinker. Next will be the branding.
Sponsored Links

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

BUTT, BUTT.... did you at LEAST get the mill vise out of him ?  Wink

I still don’t have a vise

I believe I may have been hornswagled.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 7:07pm
Thinks I had ol Desert Rat labeled wrong...
Thinks he'a turnin into Arknsass huntin sly Desert Fox!

I bouts choked twice eatin supper read'n the last 24 hour escapades DJ's been a doin
Thad - "You’re more tolerant than I
Lil Vernon knows all the places not to go
. "  https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/uploads/242/013.gif
Thad - "It appears his new friend won’t share him with me. "
Thad - "finally got to meet him and offered him lunch today.
Within minutes they were gone.
"
Thad - "I still don’t have a vise

I believe I may have been hornswagled.
https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/uploads/242/013.gif

Tadams - "Sounds like he caught, hook, line and sinker. Next will be the branding."
Thass what I was think'n too.

Watch out DJ, that filly might have a few  in the fire... Look at the determination on her face.

mmm is this her?
Wait! that can't be, shes from Wyoming. She looks like she means business.
 Or is it this one... gotta click on this one if you want to see if it's her... http://i.pinimg.com/736x/9a/30/84/9a308425d4d36f0f9bc203f7516457a0.jpg
Yup.better watch out... some sizzle in this gal's hands..

Who knows, you might be wearin this one befer ye gets back home...

Have yourself a good time while out there.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 7:30am
 Well,,,Thad,,,,don't believe a thing these guys is telling you,,,,I STILL have your vise in the Sequoia,,,just gotta find it,,,,!!  I seen it in there a couple of days ago,,,,and,,,,and,,ya'll don't be getting no wrong or premature ideas bout ole Joe's longevity,,,,cause MY house is paid for,,,,,!?Wink
 Been doing a little sightseeing,,,, Me and Thad is gonna get together and hopefully put a smoke job on some brisket and some pork butts this weekend,,,,maybe we'll have a good story to tell next week,,,,,,,,LOLClap

By the way,,,somebody see if they can get a line on that cowgirl with that barlow in her teeth,,,now THA right there be worth investigating on,,,,,!!!!

Edited by desertjoe - 21 Mar 2023 at 7:32am
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 10:01am
Sounds like ole Joe stayin up late yelpin and runnin those Arkansas ridges like a coonhound on a full moon night!
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 10:31am
do I gotta tell my buddies out on the roadways bouts you comin thru? uh...you did tell that gal you hunt'in down that you gots the walk'in farts....right?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 9:15pm
 Well, Shameless,,,I Did Not tell her such a thing,,,,!! what kind of person would I be,,ratting on YOU like that??,,,,,
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 8:06am
Be patient. She'll find out for herself
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 9:33am
Good one Shameless. Glad you're back on it.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 11:27pm

NO, Shameless,,,,Like you tole me,,,,I been practising on them "peepers?    Ya know,,,?LOLLOL
alexalex2 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexalex2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 4:20am
Wow. Thank you for the information!
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 6:36am
SPAM reported
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 10:24pm
ole Joe found out today how we talk to our female folks around here!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

ole Joe found out today how we talk to our female folks around here!

Yeah ,,,he does throw a few of them "F" Bombs around and them young ladies seem to like that,,,,,ME,,,?  I'm too much of a "gentlemen" to violate their ears,,,,,,ClapClap
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 4:15am
 Well, Guys it has now come time to drag up and head off the next chapter for ole Joe,,, I want to  THANK  My Friend, Thad for everything he done to make the trip what it was!!  He is a treasure for sure!!!!
  I met and made many new friends, seen a lot of beautiful country and and even more than my share of beautiful Ladies,,,,,and ain't a one of them that was a bit shy,,,,,,Wink
  The only'ist thing is me tripping on that friggin wire,,,,,but HEY,,,I made a great friend in the ER for maybe next time,,,,,,Wink,,,a man gots to keep his eyes wide open around this place.,,,,,,,Wink
 SO,,,ya'll take care and lets go get some more of our share of life's treasures,,,,,I'm thinking New Orleans and get my fill of Cajun groceries,,,,,,,ClapClap

While I'm thinkin on it,,,does anyone remember the guy that lived in Jeff City, Mo ??,,,he used to post a lot annd was one of the guys that helped move the engine for my D14,,,,,??

Edited by desertjoe - 30 Mar 2023 at 4:27am
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 8:31am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Well, Guys it has now come time to drag up and head off the next chapter for ole Joe,,, I want to  THANK  My Friend, Thad for everything he done to make the trip what it was!!  He is a treasure for sure!!!!
  I met and made many new friends, seen a lot of beautiful country and and even more than my share of beautiful Ladies,,,,,and ain't a one of them that was a bit shy,,,,,,Wink
  The only'ist thing is me tripping on that friggin wire,,,,,but HEY,,,I made a great friend in the ER for maybe next time,,,,,,Wink,,,a man gots to keep his eyes wide open around this place.,,,,,,,Wink
 SO,,,ya'll take care and lets go get some more of our share of life's treasures,,,,,I'm thinking New Orleans and get my fill of Cajun groceries,,,,,,,ClapClap

While I'm thinkin on it,,,does anyone remember the guy that lived in Jeff City, Mo ??,,,he used to post a lot annd was one of the guys that helped move the engine for my D14,,,,,??

Joe, could it be Dustin(DustinMo) on the forum?  He's over that way in Auxvasse, Mo.

And if you left Arkansas and high tailed it to Nebraska, you likely missed a stop in to see the best AC "parts store" over in Butler and ran by the Austin boys.  You may have seen their sign from the highway.  And of course you were running so hard from those Arkansas ladies, you missed the BBQ in the Country when you flew through KC.
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 9:15am
Joe you’re a treasure your self as is the fine gift you brought me. It now a family heirloom.
Are you thinking of AJ and the Allis express?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Joe you’re a treasure your self as is the fine gift you brought me. It now a family heirloom.

We,,I do believe that sounds correct, Thad,,,but what was his real name??
 Does anyone know any more bout him?

Yeah,,,and I'm like ole Steve ,,,, had no idea you was gonna build a full machine shop,,,,
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 9:40pm
Joe... you got another VISE ??  Thad be needing one directly ! Clap 
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 9:49pm

While I'm thinkin on it,,,does anyone remember the guy that lived in Jeff City, Mo ??,,,he used to post a lot annd was one of the guys that helped move the engine for my
 D14,,,,,??

Well,,as it so happened last nite,my youngest one caalled me and reminded me that I did NOT fiish my Taxes before I hauled AZZ when I left,,,SO they ain't gonna be aNY CAJUN for ole Joe till another time cause I got to take care of Uncle Sam and his boys,,before the 15th. WinkWink,

,,Wink
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 9:55pm

I DO, Steve,,,!!!  I JUST DO HAPPEN TO DO have another and,,,and,,,might possibly be talked out of it for a complete 454 engine   LOLLOL
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 4:41am

I DO, Steve,,,!!!  I JUST DO HAPPEN TO DO have another and,,,and,,,might possibly be talked out of it for a complete 454 engine   LOLLOL

I hope it’s smaller. That big ole vise you brought me would be a lot on that little table on that old Brown & Sharpe mill
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 8:12am
 Hey Ole Buddy,,,I'm glad you are pleased with it,,,that one will outlast even ole Shameless,,,,LOL
 I made an appointment with my Primary care for this PM for a relook at my shoulder,,,it just not responding like it should have by now,,,,? 

UNLESS,,,the  slow recovery due to old age,,,,?LOL

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 8:26am

Hey Ole Buddy,,,I'm glad you are pleased with it,,,that one will outlast even ole Shameless,,,,LOL
 I made an appointment with my Primary care for this PM for a relook at my shoulder,,,it just not responding like it should have by now,,,,? 

UNLESS,,,the  slow recovery due to old age,,,,?LOL

Nah!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 8:53pm
 Well, TBone,,,,I'm glad you disagreed with my Montgomery Ward assessment on the shoulder,,,,I may be an expert bull chitter but a Doctor I ain't,,,,,! and,,,,and,,,I aint old either just a little "mellowed out"ClapClap
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 9:05pm

Thad, that is who that was ole AJ alias Alan Demois lived in Jeff City, Mo

Anyone know of him,,??
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 9:36pm

Thad, that is who that was ole AJ alias Alan Demois lived in Jeff City, Mo

Anyone know of him,,??

Joe I don’t know what happened to AJ? He sure was a nice guy. I visited with him several times.
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 10:34pm
I met with AJ at the swap meet in Missouri earlier this year. Not sure how to get a hold of him . Randy (Mo) who posts on here may know how. Send him a pm
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Richardmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 12:08am
Send me a pm I can get you his #.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 1:25am
sure glad you was able to stop and see us !! sorry I wasn't in the chipper/sassy way I are usually in, maybe your next trip here we can go out back and you can see lots of treasures! oh....and hey ya'll....i'm think'in that ole Thad tolt me that that ole Joe was an old ugly coot....but shucks....he's purty'er than me! PffffffT!  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic