This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Headed to the Ozarks,,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Headed to the Ozarks,,,,,,,
    Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 3:37am
 Yep, I AM,,!! I been planning for the longest to go visit ole Thad, Shameless, Fixer(If I can track him down) ole John Coufal and even ole Les,, yes Les,,he's still kickin over in Iowa, across that BIG river from ole Shameless,,,,,Clap AND Les has promised to help me remove the 454 out of that Motor home Shameless got hidden behind that second barn,,,,,,,
  THad has introduced me to a Lady in Eureka Springs and I have a hankering to meet up with her face to face,which we have scheduled,,I won't mention her name in case there are any wolves here wanting to move in on me,,,,,Wink   Some time in April I also plan to attend my Son, Jerry's new family gathering just south of Springfield, Mo,,never been up in that part of the world either,,,,Clap
  This is the first trip I take by myself in forever and would LOVE to meet all the Misfits along those highways as can If any want to share your secret Hidey Hole address,,,,Wink
Sponsored Links

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 5:39am
A little lady whoops I mean a little birdie let me in on this yesterday.
I told her I already had a sneaking suspicion about this.
She told me to call her after a work meeting yesterday.
My boss sure wanted to know why she wanted me to call her.
I’m excited about this.
Joe gonna get some real culture shock this weekend.
The little lady can introduce him to the town and I’ll introduce him to the country.

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 6:29am
This is a cool story a-brewin'!  Wish I was a little closer or on the way.  
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 7:37am
 Yeah Thad,,,She does have a way with words,,,,and,,,,,,and,,,"That's all I'm gonna say bout That"
 AND,,,don't forget THad,,,, my main purpose was to deliver this (almost) new vise for that mill we gonna work on,,,,,

Whooops TBone,,,,Now, You know, That right there would please me to no end,,,,BUT,,,I ain't tellin you her name just yet,,,cause you might be "On the Prowl",,,,,,,LOLLOL 

Edited by desertjoe - 15 Mar 2023 at 7:49am
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 8:32am
Joe... you showed her yer photo and she STILL wants to meet you ??  Wink

actually------ CONGRATS !!

Edited by steve(ill) - 15 Mar 2023 at 8:33am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 8:36am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Yeah Thad,,,She does have a way with words,,,,and,,,,,,and,,,"That's all I'm gonna say bout That"
 AND,,,don't forget THad,,,, my main purpose was to deliver this (almost) new vise for that mill we gonna work on,,,,,

Whooops TBone,,,,Now, You know, That right there would please me to no end,,,,BUT,,,I ain't tellin you her name just yet,,,cause you might be "On the Prowl",,,,,,,LOLLOL 
Nah, I'd leave her totally alone.  Just like to chat with you and Thad over that mill, and maybe go out for a sammich or something.  That is, if'n you got any time an energy left.  Wink
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 9:40am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Joe... you showed her yer photo and she STILL wants to meet you ??  Wink

actually------ CONGRATS !!

Steve I sent a pic of him to her at the very beginning.
It was a pic of Joe just as he walked out of the locker room right after their first super bowl win.
I should have found a different pic, maybe one with his shirt on but it’s all I could find at the time.
She seemed to like that shirtless pic anyway.
T-Bone get on n the road buddy. I’m ready to talk mill and eat some good southern cooking for sure.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 10:16am
 Actually Fellars,,,what done the  trick was when ole Thad told her that I was just ,,,"A Good Ole Boy that had a liking for fast cars, pretty women and a love for Smoked meats and BBQ's",,,that one right there always works,,,,,,WinkClap

YES, TBone, come on down, we be waiting,,, OH,,and pick up ole Steve on your way,,,,,Wink

Edited by desertjoe - 15 Mar 2023 at 10:18am
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 10:40pm
Hey Joe... Be mighty careful when you get up into the Ozarks... they got some stuff up there you ain't probably ever seen down in New Messyco.... 

...it's called "Water"...  LOL
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 12:47am
  Well, Dave Kamp,,,I figured you was gonna chime in sooner or late,,,,LOL I sure wisht you was closer cause it promises to be plumb good,,,,!!  Last I heard is ,,,Ole Thad was gonna cook some Crocodile spears for "tasters" ,,,,or was it "Teasers"?  and he ain't sayin what the main course is gonna be but my money is on him,,,,,,ClapClap I'm gonna sneak in some of MY ,,"OLD Family Secret Recipe" for some Killer Dry Rub for the Brisket,,,,,,YEP,,the very rub that got me my Pro Series SMOKE HOLLOW smoker,,,Clap
  What I can do is call your company and tell em "The Ozark Boys" company is in serious need of an expert service man for a scale repair quick as can be,,SO stay close to your phone,,,,,,WinkWink Yeah,,,you do remember what this High Desert country looks like,,one rain per year,,just enough to grow the friggin weeds, then hope the dang roadside fires from dead dry weeds start elsewhere,,,,WinkWink
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 5:49am
Make sure you bring a warm coat.
We’re having a nasty cold snap.

Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 10:18am
We got lots of good BBQ (and Water), in Kansas City Joe.  That snow machine will be blowin at you all the way as you head south on I-29 tryin to get away Ole Shenagin Shameless!  Probably go right thru KC heading to Springfield and Arkansas

Ozarks are pretty in the April timeframe with the Dogwoods and Redbuds bloomin, turkeys a gobblin.  I'm in KC but our farm is about an hour and half north of Springfield.  My D17 came out of Springfield.  And last weekend in April, I'm going to zip right past ole Thad and go camp out and canoe in the Buffalo River country!

Certainly going to be chasing down this thread daily to keep up with the budding romance!
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 12:13pm
 Ole Joe gets into all that snow and ice someone will probably have to rescue him from the ditch
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Scott B Scott B wrote:

We got lots of good BBQ (and Water), in Kansas City Joe.  That snow machine will be blowin at you all the way as you head south on I-29 tryin to get away Ole Shenagin Shameless!  Probably go right thru KC heading to Springfield and Arkansas

Ozarks are pretty in the April timeframe with the Dogwoods and Redbuds bloomin, turkeys a gobblin.  I'm in KC but our farm is about an hour and half north of Springfield.  My D17 came out of Springfield.  And last weekend in April, I'm going to zip right past ole Thad and go camp out and canoe in the Buffalo River country!

Certainly going to be chasing down this thread daily to keep up with the budding romance!

Sneakin by ole Thad Eh?
Afraid you’ll get stuck with another tractor or what?
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 4:09pm
Is ol' Joe lookn to become an Okie Desert Rat?
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Originally posted by Scott B Scott B wrote:

Sneakin by ole Thad Eh?
Afraid you’ll get stuck with another tractor or what?

You’re a pretty good salesman with good inventory and I’m trying to stay married! Pick up tractor #5 this Saturday!🫣
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 10:14pm
 Well, Scott,,my plans are flexible at this point and long about the last of April, my #3 Son's new family will be having a week long get together in Mixa just south of Springfield. And they sent word that they expect ole Joe to be there every day,,,,,,LOL They sent me a pic of several UMmmm"Interesting" Ladies,,,SO who knows??WinkWink Then am gonna try to hook up with Ole John Coufal ( John and Shameless went to same High School way back then) in KC and maybe we can hook up as well,Scott,,? Dang,,,they's an awful lot of pretty wimmens in yall's country,,,,!!!WinkWink

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 7:23am
Joe will definitely eat at both Ozark Cafe’s this coming week Berryville and Jasper down on the Buffalo river.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 6:22am
 Yeah Thad,,LOTS to see in ya'lls beautiful city,,we went to the St Patricks Day Parade yesterday that started in front of her Hotel,,several NICE restored cars and trks ,,,,,then went to go check out the project ya'll are working on,,,THAT  will be a beautiful park when done!! It sure easy to get lost and turned around in town with all them twisty streets,,,,ain't it,,,,??LOLLOL So far I only been lost twice,,,,,,
 We're suppossed to go to Fayetteville for Dr's appointments. then go to project so prolly hook up there with you,,,,,looking forward to it,,,,!!!!

Edited by desertjoe - 19 Mar 2023 at 6:37am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 6:41am
Been thru Nixa a time or two headed into ARK or back out from, not much to see there yet Springfield is spreading that way.
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 7:29am
Joe, you get to Branson find Sweet Suzie's frozen yogurt on Green Mountain, 100s of choices and damn good, Hector the guy that owns it is from South Texas and was raised on Allis Chalmers, you go in there wearing an orange Allis cap he'll get a huge eating grin on
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 6:43pm
Well olJoe been here 2 full days and I haven’t laid eyes on him yet.
It appears his new friend won’t share him with me.
I’m back to the grind stone tomorrow.
I just happen to be working for his new friend. Maybe they’ll come see me then?
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 6:46pm
The plot thickens!!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 5:26am
 Well,,,,Ole Buddy,,,,,Wink,,,,I KNEW you was gonna notice,,,but,,,,but,,,,when Duty calls,,,,,, we each have got to answer it as we best can,,,,whilst we canWinkWink     BUT,,,IT WAS "YOU" that introduced her to me,,,,or was it the other way around,,,,,??? YOU DO REMEMBER,,??  DANG,,,,has it only been TWO DAYS,,,,???
 NOW,,Thad,,,,I HAVE stated my wishes but I think I may be getting outvoted a time or two,,,,but since we ain't started counting,,,(YET),,I think I may still be on firm ground,,,as I get to pick who drives her new trk,,,,,,,,WinkWink,,,altho,,,"I" ain't started counting yet either,,,,!!!By the way,,,all these wolves been sending me PM's requests for pics or info,,,,you just gonna have to come to Eureka Springs, Ar and look for your own,,,,,LOLLOL
  OH, By the way, THad I did meet  "Tim" last night at Chelsy's Bar,,,,THAT right there is quite a place ain't it?? They finally run us out of that bar when "LIL VERNON" got a bit Rowdy and we had to go find another place of "ILL REPUTE"  and,,,,and,,,that guy knows where all them "secret" places are,,,,,Dont he,,,???LOLLOLLOL
 Now, I know it may look like I may of forgot MY Buddy SO,,,I did put my foot down and insisted we go visit,,,and looking like I "might" of been listened to cause I told her I was tired of carryin that HEAVY VISE around and needed to deliver it soon,,,,,WinkWink More to come later,,,,unless I get outvoted again,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,

Edited by desertjoe - 20 Mar 2023 at 5:29am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 5:37am
You’re more tolerant than I
Lil Vernon knows all the places not to go.
We’ll see which one of us hits the job site first this morning. I’m betting it won’t be Vernon.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 5:49am
  Well,,actually, Thad,,,him and Sandra left before we did,,,,and I had an idee he might of been upset as he had to pay up when he sunk the 8 ball in the middle pocket,,,,AFTER calling the corner pocket,,,,,,and he thought I did not notice,,,,,,,Wink
  Having a great time,,,I am,,,!!! See you in a bit,,,and,,Lil Vernon gonna have to hitch a ride,,,,,,
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 6:51am
Sounding great Joe.  Glad you're having a good time.  Much deserved. 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 8:42am
Thad... to make a long story short... You and Son Jerry are playing Second Fiddle !! Wink ... Joe got better things to do then look at YOU !
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 11:39am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Thad... to make a long story short... You and Son Jerry are playing Second Fiddle !! Wink ... Joe got better things to do then look at YOU !

That’s for sure Steve.
I finally got to meet him and offered him lunch today.
Within minutes they were gone.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 12:24pm
BUTT, BUTT.... did you at LEAST get the mill vise out of him ?  Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic