This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FP 40-24 fork lift

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FP 40-24 fork lift
    Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 7:59pm
Allis-Chalmers FP40-24 fork lift. 
Does this machine have a filter inside the hydraulic tank?
How is this filter accessed? From underneath? Or where? Does the heavy side plate adjacent to the filler tube need to be removed. How heavy is this plate?
Thanks for any info.
Mike Price
Sponsored Links

Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 3:35pm
Welcome to the forum! I've owned two of these forklifts and I was never aware of a filter inside the hyd. tank. I never had to work on the oil supply to the hyd. pump. Is there a specific problem that makes you ask this question? On some machines there is a screen for the hyd. oil prior to entering the pump and/or a separate external filter somewhere accessible for being serviced.
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
Mike Price View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 10:50pm
this machine will no longer raise the forks. I seldom use this machine but it seems like lifting function has been getting slower and slower and slower. Now it won’t lift. I have seen that other fork lifts filtered the hydraulic fluid at the tank. 
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 8:46am
On my FPD50..... the filter's mounted  under the seat.
silly, but, have you checked oil level ?
 The fitting on the bottom of the tank 'drips' a wee bit and every 4-5 months I need to 'top up' the tank.

having a 'senior's moment', but there is a HUGE website with 1,000s of manuals inclusing yours,...

a ha...
 'liberatedmanuals.com !!!
search 'allis fp40' and it'll show up...along with 50-70 others......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 11:54am
Jay makes a good point about oil level. Often if the pump is short of oil supply you may hear a whine or some jerking as the mast is making its way up. You can also take into consideration that the pump is worn out. If the pump is tired it's even slower in warm ambient temperatures because the oil is thinner, if you have a plugged screen on the supply side the hydraulics tend to improve with thinner oil. It seems to me that hydraulic filters are mostly plumbed on the return lines to the tank, rather than on the supply circuit. 
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
CommandoLarry View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CommandoLarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 12:26pm
I just replaced this filter on my lift truck  I used WIX filter 51515
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic