This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Garden tractors help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Leadoff View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leadoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Garden tractors help
    Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 9:57am
Tammy

Your tractors are in excellent shape and ready to be put to work! They were well looked after by the owner.  I would add check spark/clean points to your list of actions to get them running.  

Great you are taking the time and effort to get them to a new home

Good luck with your project
1963 D17D Series III. 1965 D15 Series II. 1965 D17 Series IV. 1975 185. 1978 716H. 1979 716H. 1965 780 Harvester/1R&DC. 1957 Model 73 SC 4 Furrow Plow
Sponsored Links

Tammy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 5:11am
Thank you for the information. I'm glad I picked them up with the Deer to put them in yard.
With slings... of course.
Yes, they both ran when they were put in the barn about 3 years ago. I'm sure the just need fresh gas and battery, maybe the carbs cleaned. I am in NW-Illinois. I would love to see these go where they would be "saved"
LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 11:17pm
Those are really nice looking survivors!!! Best of luck getting them sold. After now seeing what they look like, I want to mention that the prices I suggested in my prior comment I would consider to be bare minimums. They should easily bring at least that amount from anybody that truly knows what they are. That B1 is REALLY nice and I would be racing Steve there if it was closer as well. 
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 8:52pm
X2 what Steve said.
If the 712 doesn’t run and it appears to be sitting out on lawn. Tells me it was pushed or towed. Lift the seat an fenders and you will see a little handle looking thing on top of rear end “hydro” unit. It pushes down onto two little buttons. Push them down to prevent damage to hydro unit when pushing with out running.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 8:13pm
Both Tractors look to be in very nice original shape. You shouldn't have any problem selling them. If I was closer, I would go for the B1...... Good Luck! Hope you sell em' to someone who appreciates AC equipment.
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Tammy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 8:52am
Ok, I think got the photos to post.
Tammy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 8:51am
Tammy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 8:48am
Leadoff View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leadoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 7:33pm
Tammy

A recent price check.................

I purchased a 716H with 48 inch mower deck this summer for 800$ Canadian (590 US$) in Ontario.  The tractor was in working order, good tires, and had been well looked after by one owner.  It had been in storage for a few years, so it needed some TLC!!  The previous owner installed a replacement motor, same horsepower, sometime in the past

Your 712H should be the same tractor/mower if original, with a 12 HP engine, and the very desirable hydrostatic transmission

Allis Chalmers 700 Series Garden Tractors in good shape hold their value well in my neck of the woods

Here is a pic of my 716H

Hope this gives you some additional info for your project
1963 D17D Series III. 1965 D15 Series II. 1965 D17 Series IV. 1975 185. 1978 716H. 1979 716H. 1965 780 Harvester/1R&DC. 1957 Model 73 SC 4 Furrow Plow
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 6:50am
Be mindful of anything laying around. Tire chains, wheel weights and rear weights for B1 or other attachments
Tammy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 4:27am
My phone is 309-314-2610 I can text pictures
Tammy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 4:26am
Thank you that is helpful
Tammy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 4:24am
Yes but don't know how to post them
LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 1:01am
Both tractors should be worth at least $300 each to an AC guy that really wants them even if they don't currently run as long as nothing is seized. Both are quite rugged and also simple enough that little work should be needed to get running again. Mind you, that is just for the tractor itself. Any attachments in working order are usually worth about $200 each to somebody wanting one. HTH
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 7:10pm
Have any pictures 
Tammy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 12:53pm
Hi. I am new to this forum, all "fourms" no idea how they work.
Anyway, I have 2 Allis chalmers yard tractors. I know they are old and collectable and that's about it. Lol They both ran about 3 yrs ago when they went into my barn. 1 is 712H orange w/plow & deck. Other is a B-1 it's yellow w/plow. I have no idea what they are worth.i am looking to sell them. But I'm clueless. Any info would help.
Thank you Tammy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic