This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

been interesting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: been interesting
    Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 1:08am
the work involved with selling the farm, auction is Nov 8th, can see the listing on Farmersnational.com under Nebraska in Washington county. bid if ya want, would love to have any of ya'll as neighbors! oh...the big house on the site is for sale as well. i'll fill ya'll in sometime later on what has happened here!
Sponsored Links

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 8:10am
Dale, is this what you, and the ‘stockholders’ have?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 2:37pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 2:38pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 9:16pm
Well now you all know where that durn 'purty makin' machine is at... so go down and give it some dyn-o-mite to it and send it to smith-r-rins!
  Dang it Shameless, such purty country there. To bad ye had them friggen stuckholders with them grubby fingers involved.
 Good Luck with them auctions.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 6:33am
Shameless, I know for me selling the Cows and associated equipment was emotional! I can only offer my thoughts on the selling of the Family Farm. Life will be different with new owners. And you will have to find a new place to park the Snow Machine!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 11:10pm
This was Grandpa's and Dad's farm, i have kept my 1/3 of the farm where I live. guess i'll become a farmer again. i have kept most of my equipment, still gotta find another tillage tractor tho. the other stockholders are millionaires, but they seem to need more! I settle up with them the end of this month, still dunno if i'll attend the auction or not, i'm pretty sad about it all. but at least i'll get to keep some of it alive, we'll build the new house on the property, back away from the highway, away from engine braking, drunks driving on the rubble bars, keeping our pets safer, quieter so we can talk to each other outside andd not hafta wait till all the traffic passes before saying anything! thanks Steve for posting that info! oh....and one of the best parts is....the big green farmers will be gone after the harvest! no longer welcome on my property.  
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 12:50am
Oh man Dale,  Hope you don't have the pains of loss.  Sad to hear about it being your grandpa's and dad's farm.
 But, now those leech's will only have themselves to blame for getting rid of the heritage... tho it seems they don't care about that.   Just remember, they can't eat paper... or electronic digits in their bank accounts if they can't find food to buy.
  Good Luck.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 6:29am
Found out cousins sold the IL farm, neighbor is a big dairy farm and has been doing most of the farming anyway as a lease. They will use it for their facility feed stocks.
212 acres, just under $9000 acre, own first cousin is in her 80s where is moving into daughter’s home at Edwardsville. Farm had been family owned since 1903.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 6:53am
do NOT go to the auction ! Aside from the emotional aspect, you'll end up BUYING most of the equipment( hay, that's a good price, I could use it..... ) then trying to figure out WHERE can you store it Big smile
I'm on the same creek, just a smaller boat. This week... was told to remove my tractor sheds  from next door THEN 'told' to dig a big friggin hole to get water plumbed into what was MY  building.
I don't get mad or upset, just shrug my shoulders and carry on. Off to garage to get the furnace going..
..won't be too long and that dang 'machine' will be started up, grrrrrrrrrr...

take a deep breath,smile and be happy......

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 7:16am
I like your style Jay!!
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 7:26am
I wouln't go. Take the mrs and go do something you enjoy. maybe a motel with hourly rates

Only time i saw my father cry was the day they auctioned off the farm.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 10:15am
Father in law auctioned off all off his farm equipment several years ago when he gave it up. Had the old house he was born and grew up in. It was falling apart. Prepped it through the county regs to burn it down. I was the only one there with him when he put the torch to it. It was a sad day for him. I could feel it. He is a strong man and carries a lot of burden.
He put in a new house and moved on with his life.
Still farms but not at the same capacity as long as it doesn't interfere with fishing.
He has enough fish to last him 3 months in his freezer. 

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 12:39pm
Dale, sad to see the farm being sold because of greed. That is some beautiful land and a beautiful older house with a lot of character. I love the wood floors. That is a heritage that once gone can never be recovered. Thankfully I still have the property that I grew up on and my grandparents and great grandparents on my Mom's side once owned. Some of my cousins own other tracts of the land and they also value heritage over money.

Take the advice previously given and don't go to the auction. Take what you have been able to salvage and carry on. Look on the positive side: you won't have to deal with the stockholders anymore and you and your bride will be getting a new house.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 8:52pm
Don't go to the auction.  Take the missus and go looking at designs for your (her)? new house.  Something you can do together for your future! 

JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 12:41am
It looks like an online auction to me, unless you go to the Blair library.  There is no machinery in the auction, only the land, as far as I can see.  Dale is keeping his house and buildings but plans on building a new house further off the road, mainly, I suspect, so he can hide the "Pretty Machine"!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 5:39am

Well,,,Chit,,fellars,,,ya'll missed it for sure,,,and,,,,and,,,it sittin right out in the open,,,,Now,,,I ain't sayin nuttin cause he KNOWS where I live,,,,but did'nt anybody notice that shiny silo just sittin out there by itself,,,,,?? They's so much traffic around it,,,!  You can almost see that chain he pulls to lift the top off,,,,UMMm,,,I'm outa  here,,,,,,WinkWink
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 12:08am
yep....the "machine" is gonna stay with me...I may do some mods...so to make it produce with a vengence this year!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 6:24am
Oh Great
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 7:49am
There will not be any 'vengence' if'n you can't find any moisture to put through the machine. note: we need some more moisture... but not put through the machine.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 7:58am
Expect nothing less.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 8:27am
DANG IT!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 12:48am
well Floyd...I gotta have a new well done if'n we're gonna build...i'll make sure it's a good producer!
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 7:22am
gettin dry enough here, could even use the 'white' moisture.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 1:53pm
 It sure isn't dry here in Ohio and have rain in forcast through Wednesday.
Good Luck and I agree sale day would be a good day for you and your wife to go look at house plans.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 8:28pm
Shameless, how are you feeling about the upcoming auction?  I'm surprised at how high the property taxes are, $83 per acre.  In my part of Colorado they are $38 which is about double what they were 20 years ago. 
Thinking of you, stay strong!

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:04am
thanks everyone for your nice thoughts! there isn't any equipment on the auction, the equipment that was used for years belonged to me and i kept most of it when in first retired, i would like to attend the auction just to see who the vultures are. I retained approx 1/3 of the farm along with some cash. I have owned it now since Sept 30th. no more association with the stockholders. they have no more hold on my property either. been busy cutting out alot of trees, fixing on the house, changing things around outside, the crops are all out, gotta drive back behing and see where we wanna build. the house on the auction was grandpas house, he built it in 1902. i have the saw he used to saw the lumber for the house and all the out buildings on that place....that aren't there anymore...because of the stockholders! just the house was left and they wanted to bull doze that too, til i stepped in and offered bodily harm! yes   John the taxes are high here, Nebraska...the tax me state! lol. sooooooo.....I missed out becoming a millionaire, but we are happy  now! we also haven't had much rain here this year either, and i wanted to disk the bean ground so it would soak up any rain we might get this fall rather than it running off the hard packed ground. a buddy let me use his big ole 4x4 dualed up articulating tractor with a 35 ft disk, wow was that a sweet ride, sure felt good to be back in the field again! sure didn't take long to disk it all up, it came up just fine powder. we did get some rain last night and it looks good out there, no washing. I will have to replant my waterways  that the big green farmers tore out. and replace one dam they also tore out cuz their planter didn't fit going around it. PffffffT! 
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:11am
So, what brand was the 4 wheel drive tractor??? Maybe you need a dozer to rebuild the dam, an AC, of course!

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:14am
lol...it was a 4386 IH. I would consider buying a 440! 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:15am
I built the original dam with my 7010 and a Gnuse scoop. took awhile, but it worked just fine! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic