This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to me HD11B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 8:58pm
Ok...I concur with Rob...Hector ..and Dave...all of those are good possibilities. Since I am a betting man...that would be...money...marbles..or chalk..my first choice is the brake bands stuck to the steering clutch drum.  Get under the seat...take the covers off...get out a new dictionary....cause the words you need aren't in the old one...or just make them up as you go. A big hammer and a bar...maybe a cutting torch...will break everything loose. Don't even worry about saving those parts.  "Been there done that" on one of our collection tractors the same year model.  I'll also bet that Hector will have those parts. The next choice...might be the track links rusted up.,,maybeee..   The clutch could be stuck to the flywheel and the engine could be froze up. But you have 2 choices to put it in neutral...the main transmission and the Hi/Low selector.  Dave's wary eye noticed the right brake pedal down...I'd start there...if that's in the locked position....it's not going to come loose very easy.
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 12:13pm
I think Mel and other are pointing you in the right direction. If the brake band rusts to the drum it will never roll. 

A old Cat D6 stopped pulling on the one side.  Everything going good, started discing a different field pulling up hill, pulled steering clutch for miner correction, IT STOPPED. Let go of the steering clutch and away it goes. Got it home and parked it, I HAVE TO MANY old tractors I used another one. It sat 6 months moved it to clean up weeds. Six months latter wanted to move it again and it would not roll. I got another D6 hooked up, track would drag but no roll.

Finally got around to opening it up. Band rusted to drum. Got it free. The 40 HP wheel tractor could roll it around the yard just fine.

The original problem was the springs pushing steering clutch plate together to pull where way wore out. Had way less tension than the repair book said.  They should of been pitch the last time the clutch was rebuilt. But it worked for the guy that did it, I had only bought it that way.
farmerdev View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmerdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 10:58am
Thanks for all the good points I need to get back out there and work on getting into the brake bands area. I will update when I have it loaded on what the issue was.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic