This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rock Auto ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rock Auto ??
    Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 8:02pm
looking up 5 qt jugs of 5w30 semi synthetic high milage oil .  Valvoline came up with a $32  for a "X3" price but when we put it "in the cart" it rang up at $93 ++ ???
IMO, the x3 should be 3 -5 qt jugs for $32 + shipping Confused?

Edited by FREEDGUY - 22 Jun 2022 at 8:04pm
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 8:10pm
should be 96 (32 x 3) , old skool math...
it's 32 per jug WHEN you buy 3 jugs....

same stuff up here buy chips, 99 per bag IF you buy min of 3 bags...

if you think that's bad...
'as seen on TV as up here ,north of the 49th post price is US $,even though shipped from Canada...

BTW 'they' OK farmers to get 5 more CENTS per litre of milk, currently 4 litres of milk is $5.50, I figure $6 will be new price..
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 8:16pm
you REALLY think a Major Brand Oil Comp is going to sell oil for $10. for 5 quarts ??
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 8:18pm
What a dumb bass...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 8:24pm
the site says  in 5 qt jugs...  Choose  $32 . X 3 ......... and a drop down arrow says ....Choose $35. X 1 ..... YEA.. CONFUSING.. Wacko
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 10:48pm
Quote IMO, the x3 should be 3 -5 qt jugs for $32 + shipping

That would be 15 quarts for $32  = $2.13/qt
.............not likely

If you click on the x3 button it explains the pricing clearly.
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 6:12am
You gotta remember who we're dealing with
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 10:10am
Not  that many years ago $1 a quart. I bought a case of 5-30 conventional at NAPA list 9.19 Wink all the good guy discounts 6.49 a qt.Big smile 

Across the street at TSC the shelves where empty. So I bought a $100 bucket of tractor trans-hydro at NAPA. LOL I really like the "yellows bucket" special at TSC at 40 or less. It leaks as good as the 100 stuff. Also works just fine in my Cat hydraulics as good as the AW 46 from Napa at 50 a bucket. 
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 11:23am
About as clear as the TV offers on specials that say you can double the offer for a special fee . 2X of 1 item . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 12:58pm
As I got the engine close to restart on the truck I was forewarned by friends in Trucking Industry that Rotella 15w40 was getting up in price.  Saw our local F&H store had a abundant supply of Rotella 15w40 so bought for the truck and the 180, hearing of shortages approaching where some fellas were not able to locate ANY Rotella, I went back and bought ALL the store had, has NOT been restocked since September 2021.  I got 2.5gal jugs for $35, for the Synthetic jugs $41 a 2.5gal jug, also bought all the Gallons they had at $1.75 a gallon higher, those also never restocked and all the surrounding stores have been out as long.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 1:55pm
At work, bulk 15w40 (CK-4) is purchased from a variety of suppliers, pumped into the same storage tank (6,000gal) have not had a lubrication issue yet. All have been from unbranded independent refiners.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 2:47pm
Most new oils meet the latest API spec.... and "should" be compatable to mix.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 6:01pm
I just got 3 -5qt jugs of MOBIL SUPER SEMI/SYNTHETIC  5W30 AND a Hastings filter for the Rogue for $51 INCLUDING shipping Clap !!! Rock ON Rock Auto Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic