This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ford F150 Lighting ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 5:31pm

As for spending $16,000 dollars every 8 years to replace parts,
I would assume the average Ford owner is already used to that. Zing!

Sponsored Links

Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 5:42pm

Sad part is if you’re spending $22k to put batteries in every 8 years that averages out to almost $3k per year if nothing else fails on the car. I know one thing no way would I keep a vehicle on the place that cost $3k every year in repairs.

And look at the bright side if they all start driving electric it will greatly reduce the demand for gas thus driving the price down and once it’s under $2.50/gal all of us using fossil fuel will have big smiles because we’re filling up in 5 minutes and driving every mile cheaper.

Edited by Kansas99 - 07 Jun 2022 at 5:44pm
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 8:01pm
If you drive a gas burner 20,000 miles a year, and get 20 MPG, that's 1,000 gallons of gas a year, at $3.00 a gallon, there's your $3,000 a year, so where's the advantage? All your doing is trading one expense for another.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 8:03pm
You forgot the DAILY CHARGE to bring the batteries back up to power.

Thats why they want gasoline to be $5. - $6. gal ....... at that rate you can CHARGE your BATTERY and REPLACE every 8 years... and its a wash.

Edited by steve(ill) - 07 Jun 2022 at 8:05pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

You forgot the DAILY CHARGE to bring the batteries back up to power.

Thats why they want gasoline to be $5. - $6. gal ....... at that rate you can CHARGE your BATTERY and REPLACE every 8 years... and its a wash.

With natural gas futures trading in the $7.00 to $8.00 range, how long will it take for electricity rates to skyrocket? Utilities can only operate at break even for only so long. They have share holders, and many have extensive amounts of mutual funds/retirement funds held by public employee unions. Boy, wouldn’t it be delicious to see civil servants union retirement funds go down the schitter, from utilities artificially keeping energy low, to entice EV’s. The irony would be outstanding!! LOL LOL LOL
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 3:09am
Has become a self feeding watermelon, eats itself to grow bigger while self
Destructing in that process. Feeding to grow that cannot happen while growing to feed ever harder
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 5:07am
Many demand the Share Holders take the costs in those pockets, not how Share Holding works.  Shares are SOLD to finance long term moneys needed rather than taking on bank notes, operating funds for a year are bought and paid for this way where as a company shows a profit the Shares Holders get a dividend for use of THEIR moneys.

In a great deal of companies shares are publicly traded for nearly ANY and ALL investment strategies of Retirement Accounts not just for the Utilities Companies or Unions but ALL retirement funds accounts including those privately traded for IRAs, Annuities, 401Ks etc.  So either a Utility makes money or the share holders sell off those shares to recoup their financed funds.  Is what is currently happening to PG&E in Kali, they are going broke mortgaging their system to make operating funds for day to day business as share holders bail.

Utilities and major Corporations still revert to bank loans for major projects as power stations or assembly plants, short term loans are taken to finance Construction phases, then switched to long term loans with interest rates recalculated ANNUALLY.  Generally these loans only extend to end of life design of a plant but can be refinanced as plants or structures are placed into extended use.

So as Utilities as EXELON or AMEREN or even REAs strive to make a decent profit of say 8-10%, that has to cover Shares Dividends, upgrades and improvements for successive years, major self insured loss column concerns as most of these companies ARE Self Insured under Bonds posted to states.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 5:11am
So after digesting that last comment, Electricity is going to Rise in price, NOT due to anything but Fuels expenses where Solar and Wind SUPPLEMENTAL systems cannot as yet and likely never will feed the ENTIRE systems.  Maintenance and upkeep are second in line and wages/benefits dragging hind teat.

As Autos, Trucks and even Trains become demand customers on Electrical Grids, look to rolling Black and Brown outs when the systems cannot supply enough.  Was just a MSNBC Article stating USA now EXPORTS close to 75% of all CNG produced in nation.
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 5:36am
Originally posted by bigal121892 bigal121892 wrote:

If you drive a gas burner 20,000 miles a year, and get 20 MPG, that's 1,000 gallons of gas a year, at $3.00 a gallon, there's your $3,000 a year, so where's the advantage? All your doing is trading one expense for another.

Sadly I have to pay for electricity.Wink

The question I have is what will the monthly demand charges be at home and at all these recharging stations?  The demand charges at say a 10 stall charging station from the electrical companies won't be cheap and the electricity they sell won't be cheap.

I currently pay just short of $20,000 per year to have 440 3 phase power at 12 irrigation wells, plus what ever electricity they use.  A 20hp 30 amp motor will get a monthly demand charge of over $150, that's 30amp max!!!  So you understand what I'm saying this is not paying for any electricity, or never pumping one gallon of water, that is what I have to pay monthly to have a meter at the pole so if I decide sometime during the year I want to turn my wells on I can and then they bill me for electricity on top of the $20k if I irrigate.

The electricity won't be cheap at the quick charge stations, that is why I posted a video a while back of a Ford ecoboost against a Rivian pickup pulling a 5000# load and on a 60 mile round trip there was less than $3 difference on $4.50 fuel!  Nobody with a brain would consider these electric pickups if fuel was the price it was 2 years ago.

Edited by Kansas99 - 08 Jun 2022 at 5:57am
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 6:14am
going 'green' has always been about the 'bottom line' NOT about 'saving energy' or 'helping Mother Nature'. Anyone with 3 brain cells can figure that out PDQ.
So since the USA is exporting 75% of CNG, there is NO energy shortage.Same BS here in Canada,we export( primarily to you...) billions of BTUs. 'They' make a pretty profit and we get the big stick while at the pumps.....

-> K99... this 'demand charge'. Is it just the 'wires are there ' charge ? and NOT that you exceeded actual 'demand'(usage) ? Before smart meters got installed ,all commercial businesses up here had 'demand' meters. If you exceeded xxkWh for yy mins, the 2nd RED needle moved up and you'd pay a LOT for that energy. Some guys used 'load shedding', swapped machines, or ,um, used dental pics to 'reset the red'. can't do ANY of that with 'smart' meters...sigh
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 6:23am
Excellent points both D and 99. If the costs of residential electricity quadruple’s within the next few years, who can afford to recharge an EV? And, that’s not even taking into account the road tax that is going to be charged at the ‘special meter’ that will be at your house for exclusive use for that EV?

Edited by Lars(wi) - 08 Jun 2022 at 6:36am
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 6:28am
And, bigal's example is about double what is considered average for the country.  Makes for a nice basis for your argument when you make numbers look however you want.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 6:43am
Tbone, when politics enters the conversation about cost’s, you will be closer to the actual cost if you plan and the extreme high side of everything. The whole basis for the EV narrative is not to save anybody money, it is about the ability to control the masses.
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 7:16am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

going 'green' has always been about the 'bottom line' NOT about 'saving energy' or 'helping Mother Nature'. Anyone with 3 brain cells can figure that out PDQ.
So since the USA is exporting 75% of CNG, there is NO energy shortage.Same BS here in Canada,we export( primarily to you...) billions of BTUs. 'They' make a pretty profit and we get the big stick while at the pumps.....

-> K99... this 'demand charge'. Is it just the 'wires are there ' charge ? and NOT that you exceeded actual 'demand'(usage) ? Before smart meters got installed ,all commercial businesses up here had 'demand' meters. If you exceeded xxkWh for yy mins, the 2nd RED needle moved up and you'd pay a LOT for that energy. Some guys used 'load shedding', swapped machines, or ,um, used dental pics to 'reset the red'. can't do ANY of that with 'smart' meters...sigh

Yes, that's only supposedly for the power drop, off of a existing lines, if you need power lines brought to you you have to pay for that up front onetime,(example 1/4 mile 3 phase to get to well about $40,000 to get power to you), then they charge each month once meter is installed.   The demand is figured off the maximum amount of amps that is pulled anytime throughout the entire year.  So when you start a well and it pulls 30 amps to get rolling for 5 seconds but then only pulls a steady 20 amps for continuous hours/days they still charge based on the 5 seconds of 30 amp.

Oh and if you have them pull a meter they won't charge you, however if it is reinstalled within 1 year of being pulled out you have to pay for the months it was out or they won't put it back in.  I've been on the phone many times with them biching as they are a customer cooperative and I'm positive that they don't know me by my name butt by that azzhole from down south.Wink  I knew they were all wasted phone calls but with unlimited time now days on these cellphones, I get bored setting in a tractor and if nobody is posting here,  it passes time for me.LOL
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 7:59am
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

Tbone, when politics enters the conversation about cost’s, you will be closer to the actual cost if you plan and the extreme high side of everything. The whole basis for the EV narrative is not to save anybody money, it is about the ability to control the masses.
Plan on the high side, then double it, and extend an extra 5 years.LOL
bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 4:52pm
I didn't include the price of charging, because the battery cost already got it to the point where it doesn't make sense. I use 20,000 miles, because that's how may I put on my pickup every year.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 5:08pm
SO.......... How do you spell CLUSTER FK ??
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

SO.......... How do you spell CLUSTER FK ??

"DEMOCRAT"
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 6:29pm
Clap   Clap   Thumbs Up
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 6:40am

From a Motor Trend report...( I think..) Starting at $54,669 with the standard battery, opting for the Extended Range Battery adds $19,500—roughly the cost of an entire Ford Maverick—to the F-150 Lightning XLT's base price.

so.... the $19,500 is the USA $ price for the slightly bigger battery does NOT include the installation cost,also WHAT will YOU get for the old battery ? YOU own it !!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
lockheedt33 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lockheedt33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 8:59am
Knowing the way anything else used I deal in at work happens. Even if there is value to the components in the used battery there will be a recycling/disposal/hazmat fee that they will charge for processing it that far outweighs anything you’d get in scrap value.
1941 AC B
1948 AC C
1951 AC CA
1954 AC WD45
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic