This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ford F150 Lighting ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 2:07pm
re: The guy wants a pickup to be able to hauls things, so he has a pickup

WHAT can a guy put in a 5'6" 'pickup box' ??
If I owned that company,NO way I'd install FREE charging stations for ANYONE....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 3:39pm
What can you haul ???

5' 6" bed with the tail gate down is 7 ft  long... I was hauling 10 - 12 ft 2 x 6 and 30 sheets of plywood a coupe years back... When you think about it, not much is "8 feet long"...  refrig, stove, oven, lawn mower, chairs, table ............ you can still haul 90% of the stuff..  probably 100% if your THINK about it.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 3:54pm
Utility I worked for furnished charging stations, you put your name in for use and they charged PER HOUR ATTACHED.  Nothing is ever "Free".
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 3:58pm
I like the long (8') box myself, but when you look around at newer pickups, probably 90% or more are short boxes.

I, too, am thinking of a Lightning. I will keep my F-350 diesel for hauling our camper or gooseneck trailer, but I don't tow heavy very much. I think I would like an electric vehicle for a daily driver.
bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 5:31pm
No where, did I say it was free. You plug in, and swipe your credit card.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 5:46pm
Also as the HUGE Fossil Stations Shut Down this will be a LESS THAN advantageous machine to have needing a Plug In.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 6:44pm
I didn't mean to imply you said it was free ..but 'greenies' tend to figure EVERYTHING is free....

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 7:29pm
I have a colleague who has two Tesla's. He loves them.

He recently had a 2200 mile round trip (to Georgia). he said recharging at fast charging sites took around 20 minutes, so they planned bathroom breaks and meals at fill-up times. It sounded a lot easier than I thought it would be.

I do think we need to end, or drastically reduce our dependence on fossil fuels. I think 2035 is a fantasy, but I think our kids will see electric vehicles as the norm in their lifetime.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

I didn't mean to imply you said it was free ..but 'greenies' tend to figure EVERYTHING is free....

Very true.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by WF owner WF owner wrote:

I have a colleague who has two Tesla's. He loves them.

He recently had a 2200 mile round trip (to Georgia). he said recharging at fast charging sites took around 20 minutes, so they planned bathroom breaks and meals at fill-up times. It sounded a lot easier than I thought it would be.

I do think we need to end, or drastically reduce our dependence on fossil fuels. I think 2035 is a fantasy, but I think our kids will see electric vehicles as the norm in their lifetime.

I have a friend with a Tesla model 3. He says a 14.5 hour trip from Omaha to Salt Lake City, now takes 16 hours. He likes his. I too think reducing our use of fossil fuels is a good idea, but it can't be forced. Cheaper fossil fuels, and a robust economy, will get us there faster then the route they are trying to force everybody on.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 8:51pm
I too think reducing our use of fossil fuels is a good idea, but it can't be forced

Why is is a good idea to eliminate or reduce fossil fuels ?  Do you know the amount of ENERGY and CONTAMINATION that is generated when building one of those GREEN BATTERIES ??  And what do you do with it 6 years later ?
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 9:05pm
What nearly everyone fails to realize is EV’s currently have a statistical insignificant share of the market. Experts, that are not attempting to bs the public, claim it would take over 40 years even with an ‘all hands on deck’ approach to revamp the infrastructure to EV’s. And that’s just the grid, recharge stations, etc.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 9:17pm
The push for EVs EVerywhere is NOT about saving the World..going green.. it's about MAKING 'GREEN' ,for a select few AND controlling the masses.No differnet htan taking away guns and the 2nd. slowly, surely, 'they' gain huge amount of power and control over 'John Q. Public'.
Gotta look at the 'chessboard'..moves like ''fossil fuels bad' chant,day after day, buying foreign when there's billions under our feet,stall pipelines, decommission nukes, no new nukes, no refineries,no hydro power plants(big or small),no geothermal to speak of,price gas out of the working man's wallet,add BS to 'cars' we don't need,lousy gas mileage, upsell EVs all the time,...it goes on and one...eventually efough lemmings buy into the mantra and will rather walk than drive  gas powered car

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 4:00am
So a few, a LIMITED few EVs can recharge in 20 minutes on road trips, add the HUNDREDS that will be looking for chargers at around same time period as these become ever prevalent along with that energy to FEED those rapid chargers. Wind or Solar are not in that equation to any level of viability. We are speaking of Hundreds to thousands of megawatts along every major interstate to supply the existing loads of homes and business along with vehicles (include bus and hd truck) chargers. Impractical is the least value word here.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 6:40am
We all know that it would be impossible for everyone to have an electric vehicle now, or even in the near future. It will take years to improve the infrastructure to generate or distribute the electricity it would take.

The bottom line is that it's much easier to find alternative ways to generate electricity than it is to replace fossil fuels. For the last few years, we have significantly reduced fossil fuel consumption with alcohol based products. I doubt any of us would have predicted that in the early 70's or before.

It wasn't long ago that we had never heard of solar or windmill generated electricity, but now it significantly adds to the electrical grid.

I doubt there will be many completely fossil fueled vehicles on the road in 50 years. Many of us resist change, but none of us would have thought of anything called the internet 30 years ago and now we all use it daily.
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 8:03am
I don't think anyone is against change, however, this whole push to force people to change is a collosal example of getting the cart before the horse,, literally,,and an example on steroids to boot.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 8:13am
YES... and the BIG PUSH is the DAILY beating of FOSSIL FUEL BAD... FOSSIL FUEL BAD....over and over and OVER..... My question is WHY ??  THINK for yourself....It is the CHEAPEST, most AVAILABLE, EASIEST to use fuel available today.... Yea, batteries and solar might gain quite a bit in 50 YEARS... But they are NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME today... Why do you think the GOVT gives BIG INCENTIVES ??  MORE FREE CHEESE ?? ... They are pushing that AGENDA and it is NOT READY.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 8:14am
3%
According to our Electric Power Annual, solar power accounted for 3% of U.S. electricity generation from all sources in 2020. In our Short-Term Energy Outlook, we forecast that solar will account for 4% of U.S. electricity generation in 2021 and 5% in 2022.Nov 16, 2021

------------------------------

bringing total plug-in electric vehicle sales to 17,700, or one-tenth of one percent of all new light-duty vehicle sales in 2011.

By 2019, plug-in electric sales climbed to 327,000, making up almost 2% of new light-duty vehicle sales that year.

Edited by steve(ill) - 06 Jun 2022 at 8:22am
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 8:19am
Originally posted by bigal121892 bigal121892 wrote:

No where, did I say it was free. You plug in, and swipe your credit card.
Right, but if you assume things unsaid, it's a lot easier to argue!!WinkLOL
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 10:45am

Climate change is not, will not be a catastrophe, just watched a PBS show on the dinos death via comet, mentioned there was no polar ice caps, meaning no glaciers also.

Everything was hunky dory till the comet hit, carbon is not pollution, its always been here otherwise no life.
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

I too think reducing our use of fossil fuels is a good idea, but it can't be forced

Why is is a good idea to eliminate or reduce fossil fuels ?  Do you know the amount of ENERGY and CONTAMINATION that is generated when building one of those GREEN BATTERIES ??  And what do you do with it 6 years later ?

For one thing, it is a finite resource, someday we will run out. Two, there are a lot of other uses for oil then just fuel, would rather keep it for that, and third, the less money spent on fossil fuels, the less money the certain bad guys have to spend.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 6:13pm
re: For one thing, it is a finite resource, someday we will run out.

not really, just plant a kazillion trees.... fossil fuels ARE 100% renewable.
The 'trick' is you HAVE to plant the trees NOW for future generations to use them as fuel....

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 10:53pm
 For one thing, it is a finite resource, someday we will run out.

The quantity we know about NOW will last 50-60 years... Not counting what is DISCOVERED every year from now going forward...... So we need "something" to replace oil (MAYBE) by 2080 or 2100.......... PLENTY of time to do TESTING and RESEARCH... Dont push the BRAND NEW UNRELIABLE, HIGH COST stuff as MAIN STREAM TODAY.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 4:25am
Then is Fusion energy potential, the science is still not functioning but the theory is being refined where at some point may be viable just as the early days of Fission nukes.
Oil is continually being produced by Algae not Dinos, proved time and again by true scientific study suppressed to promote the Renewables nonsense. Studies by electrical suppliers noted twenty years ago there were not enough areas of stable winds to promote wind turbines nor enough surface area in the NAm continent to supply 1/3 the existing production of twenty years ago by solar replacement, and that did not take into account future needs increases.
Coal also is renewed every day by organic materials buried in stream and creek mud.

What the less than scientific community forgets is basic rules of atomic base materials, main rule ‘ cannot destroy or produce atomic level base material, can only produce or destroy compounds so all the carbon that ever was or ever will be on this rock is still here just recycling whether as petroleum or coals or living tissue as we humans are primarily Carbon Based.

ALL the Hype on CO2 levels has been debunked decades ago as well, can change the atmosphere by 200% CO2 and will NOT make a difference in a lab in a large area test, that as CO2 is LESS THAN .05% of the atmosphere(Currently and .0423%), does NOT even make up One Tenth of One Percent where the Scientists pushing Climate Change prefer SMALL scale test models they write equations to show they are correct not that they could be incorrect.  So they Use PPM numbers as are Larger SOUNDING 412ppm sounds so much more scary than .0423%.  A 200% rise makes it .15%, in comparison Water Vapor the KNOWN worst Green House agent is over 4% atmosphere and can vary up to 150% for any given point of time.

The way Humans found Coals and Oils is from surface exposures, all the while releasing unquantified TONS of Methane, Butane and other flammable gases into atmosphere as a natural product of that time period.  La Brea Tar pits in California is a Prime Example, Coal Seams are STILL visible across the Western USA Mountain regions and they remain methane releasers.  Methane bubbles up from nearly every lake or pond worldwide as organics decompose.

The Science is and has been Junk for forever as the Scientist cannot enter all the equation variables into their models as the processors LOCK UP, too many off chance redirection points and potentials to come up with a answer.  Could be we are at the end of the last great warming and will soon be entering a cool down by orbit/solar power level/planet wobble/etc etc etc.   Milankovitch postulated that LONG ago as to the Earth being ever more dynamic and changing than any human could determine.

Edited by DMiller - 07 Jun 2022 at 4:53am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 9:43am
In 1970 they said we were in the ICE AGE and things were going to FREEZE UP by 2000.... 20 years later it was GLOBAL WARMING and we were going to burn up... Now they call it CLIMATE CHANGE so some area can FREEZE while others BURN and some had HURRICANES or FLOODING..

You got to PUSH THAT AGENDA  how ever you can.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 10:10am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Then is Fusion energy potential, the science is still not functioning but the theory is being refined where at some point may be viable just as the early days of Fission nukes.
Oil is continually being produced by Algae not Dinos, proved time and again by true scientific study suppressed to promote the Renewables nonsense. Studies by electrical suppliers noted twenty years ago there were not enough areas of stable winds to promote wind turbines nor enough surface area in the NAm continent to supply 1/3 the existing production of twenty years ago by solar replacement, and that did not take into account future needs increases.
Coal also is renewed every day by organic materials buried in stream and creek mud.

What the less than scientific community forgets is basic rules of atomic base materials, main rule ‘ cannot destroy or produce atomic level base material, can only produce or destroy compounds so all the carbon that ever was or ever will be on this rock is still here just recycling whether as petroleum or coals or living tissue as we humans are primarily Carbon Based.

ALL the Hype on CO2 levels has been debunked decades ago as well, can change the atmosphere by 200% CO2 and will NOT make a difference in a lab in a large area test, that as CO2 is LESS THAN .05% of the atmosphere(Currently and .0423%), does NOT even make up One Tenth of One Percent where the Scientists pushing Climate Change prefer SMALL scale test models they write equations to show they are correct not that they could be incorrect.  So they Use PPM numbers as are Larger SOUNDING 412ppm sounds so much more scary than .0423%.  A 200% rise makes it .15%, in comparison Water Vapor the KNOWN worst Green House agent is over 4% atmosphere and can vary up to 150% for any given point of time.

The way Humans found Coals and Oils is from surface exposures, all the while releasing unquantified TONS of Methane, Butane and other flammable gases into atmosphere as a natural product of that time period.  La Brea Tar pits in California is a Prime Example, Coal Seams are STILL visible across the Western USA Mountain regions and they remain methane releasers.  Methane bubbles up from nearly every lake or pond worldwide as organics decompose. Not to mention that at any given time around the world volcanos are spewing tens of thousands of tons ash,  of CO2, CO, etc into the air! 24/7! nothing to do with fossel fuel regeneration, but everything to do with climate change models!

The Science is and has been Junk for forever as the Scientist cannot enter all the equation variables into their models as the processors LOCK UP, too many off chance redirection points and potentials to come up with a answer.  Could be we are at the end of the last great warming and will soon be entering a cool down by orbit/solar power level/planet wobble/etc etc etc.  As witnessed by the fossils under the ice pack on Greenland of vegetation and remains of human dwelling indicating a once temperate climate!  Milankovitch postulated that LONG ago as to the Earth being ever more dynamic and changing than any human could determine.
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 10:19am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

In 1970 they said we were in the ICE AGE and things were going to FREEZE UP by 2000.... 20 years later it was GLOBAL WARMING and we were going to burn up... Now they call it CLIMATE CHANGE so some area can FREEZE while others BURN and some had HURRICANES or FLOODING..

in the early '60's, they were proposing covering the polar caps with coaldust or fly ash in order to warm the earth!

You got to PUSH THAT AGENDA  how ever you can.
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 10:37am
I remember 'them' using tugboats hauling icebergs.........

OK, what other wackydoodle things can we come up with ?!

fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 10:50am
Well it is getting more tropical around here in the summer and more ND weather in the winter. 
I know the garden planting season has been delayed a month.
Used to plant potatoes on St Patrick's day, have to wait a month now.
Been like that for several years as I see it.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 1:39pm
YEP.... the earth is changing and the weather is different... Hot some places, cooler in other... dont mean it is YOUR fault.... just the evolution of the earth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic