This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre addresses 2022 Convention

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre addresses 2022 Convention
    Posted: 27 May 2022 at 4:39pm
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 5:15pm
ClapThumbs Up
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 5:55pm
I'll give it a two thumbs up!Thumbs UpThumbs Up
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 7:39pm
In my opinion that should not be here because of what happened in the last few days.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 7:50pm
All the more reason it should be here, this country does NOT have a gun problem, it does have major mental and responsibility issues,
bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 10:39am
Originally posted by TomC TomC wrote:

All the more reason it should be here, this country does NOT have a gun problem, it does have major mental and responsibility issues,

And apparently the inability to lock the front door.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 9:49am
  I still think vidoe games are the cause of all this shooting and killing, because that is all they do in a vidoe game.
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 9:54am
Video games and the trash Hollywood puts out
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 10:10am
add: lack of a stable home,& social media
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 11:36am
Like said before, I believe it's the lack of a stable home. If the parents were there and paying attention they'd say things like "no you're not watching that movie", "no you're not getting that video game" etc...

Edited by thendrix - 30 May 2022 at 11:36am
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 12:18pm
The video game, like the gun is not the problem. The vast majority of people are capable of separating out the difference of the fantasy of the video game, vs real life. The issue is determining who those people are that can't tell the difference, and what to do about them. Having said that, if they want to ban the AR-15, then yes violent video games should also be banned, all "assault rifles" should be banned from all movies. If you want to ban something, then ban it. As an aside, one of the classmates to the shooter said, "He wasn't bullied, however he did like to pick on other people, then get mad when he didn't get the desired response. He also liked to torture small animals".
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 12:41pm
what do all the shooters have in common ?

17-20 years old
male
loners
poor family life
many are missing "father" figure
most of other people think they are "weird".
some level of mental problems.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 2:00pm
Steve, I agree with what you say but unfortunately this day and age there is a large percentage of young people that fit description. Who decides who the wacko is, and who's to say whoever is deciding who the wacko is isn't just as or a worse wacko.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 8:19pm
Steve, I think you can victim of bullying to that list as well.
Morpar55 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morpar55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 8:35pm
To be fair what some people consider bullying just plain isn't. My daughter got kicked out of school on a Friday for bullying during her junior year. When she told me I was livid! I certainly didn't raise her to treat others like that. She swore up and down all she did was tell another girl she didn't want to sit with her at lunch and didn't really like her. I called BS, but went and talked to the principal on Monday. Lo and behold the principal told me the same story as my daughter! He also told me all of the kids in school need to be friends even if they don't like each other. My point here is if not liking someone and still being decent to them is considered bullying it's no wonder our youth have the problems they do today. We have people in charge who are putting unrealistic expetitions on children who already have the other issues (crappy home life, mental health issues, etc.) and giving them no real way to cope with what are normal teenage problems. I mean come on, everyone has to be friends? How about stay away from the people you don't like and treat them like human beings when you do have to interact with them?
1959 AC D17 Gas with some updates
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 9:55pm
I don't disagree. It's a matter of perception and context. We don't know at this point. Just throwing that out there
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 10:22pm
Didn’t they stop cigarette ads years ago because they claimed they were bad influence. Well aren’t violent video games a bad influence to.

Edited by Mikez - 30 May 2022 at 10:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic