This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Movie Theatre ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Movie Theatre ??
    Posted: 26 May 2022 at 7:45pm
When's the last time you and your "significate other" have been in a movie theatre to see a new release? 
Sponsored Links

Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 8:55pm
December took wife and kids over Christmas break

Edited by Dakota Dave - 26 May 2022 at 8:55pm
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 8:55pm
At least 15 years, maybe 20 years, not even sure if it was a ‘new release’.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 9:18pm
Kudos to you Dakota Dave !!The last time I recall a "family movie night" was when I was 5 and we went to a drive-in theatre after chores and watched  SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON Big smile My kids are grown/gone and the wife and I have been on conflicting work schedules for several years  but there's been no "must see" titles for me to see in at least 10 years, even then we held out to watch a "release" at the local  $1 theatre Embarrassed
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 9:29pm
I watched one on the 'small screen' in my living room this afternoon.
peace,
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 9:34pm
Now, I wouldn’t mind going to a drive-in again, get the wife in the back seat and………
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 9:38pm
The last movie I saw in a theater without my wife(that of course would have been before we met), was The Rocky Horror Picture Show, at the Majestic Theater, in Madison Wi.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 6:18am
Goonies ...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:07am
About two months ago, saw "Dog".  Not the best movie, but was nice to have dinner and a movie night with my stranger, ....er....wife.  
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 8:00am
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

Now, I wouldn’t mind going to a drive-in again, get the wife in the back seat and………

LOL

Things have changed a little since you were probably at a drive-in last.  Today everyone has there on video camera in their cell phone, you might not want to do that unless you plan on being in someone else's own movie. LOL
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 12:02pm
Last summer my wife and I went to a movie at the same theater as our first date in 1983.
It hadn’t changed much that I could tell.
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 12:54pm
But I'll bet you weren't snoring at the one in 1983
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 4:14pm
I took my wife collage daughter one of her friends and my son to the drive in last summer. The drive in Warren plays new first run movies at the start of every summer.and an older movie after midnight.
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 4:21pm
Traveling cost inc. gas  700.00,, Popcorn  310.00,, Pepsi  325.00 Tickets x2  685.00. Add to cost time 1 hr 45 min life lost watching a bunch of pukes and make them rich that think they know how I should conduct my life and can't act,, priceless. The good actors are dead, it ain't worth it. The movie will be on TV in a month anyways.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 4:54pm
WALKER.... TV..... Thumbs Up   Thumbs Up
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 5:09pm
Put yourself in Dillinger's shoes. I take my gubmit ambushes seriously.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:27pm
Every few months we attend at our local small town theatre. During 2020, I rented the whole theatre for $100 for 50-75 people, complimentary popcorn & drink.
Theatre owner played one of my wife’s favorite old films, “Singing in the Rain,” - Jean Kelly, Debbie Reynolds, Donald O’Connor 1952.
It was her birthday present. I bought the BlueRay disc, ordered from Walmart~ about 1 week delivery. Everyone socially distanced as needed. It was great. Owner made it a new gig during Covid & still offers it as requested. Maybe mention it to your local small theatre??
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 10:08am
The last movie I went to was Batteries Not Included. Somewhere around 1990 give or take a few.   Also about the time the drive in closed. I guess you could still see a movie there as it is a shopping center anchored by a Target store. Just have to buy it and take it home to watch.LOL
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 10:24am
1973. Mannheim Germany. Cant remember the movie.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 10:01pm
Tonight. Maverick Top Gun.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Kansas99 Kansas99 wrote:

LOL

Things have changed a little since you were probably at a drive-in last.  Today everyone has there on video camera in their cell phone, you might not want to do that unless you plan on being in someone else's own movie. LOL

As long as I get my residual royalties, never been bashful concerning what the Good Lord equipped me with.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 10:17pm

LOL

As long as I get my residual royalties, never been bashful concerning what the Good Lord equipped me with.
I'd say best use it while it still works....there is a time coming....
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Unit3 Unit3 wrote:

Tonight. Maverick Top Gun.
How was the new Top Gun movie ??
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 9:00pm

LOL

Kinda reminds be of that younger generation now days, all these decades I've been flood irrigating at all kinds of strange hours of the day and night along the creek, you can't believe how many times I've witnessed different couples making sure everything works properly together before they're married.  Back in my younger days I knew better than that with the girls I dated, I always took them to the back 40 where nobody could find us, not that I was ashamed I just didn't want to scare anyone that saw that mess.Wink
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 12:29am
when ever the first star wars came out...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic