This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Been raining all day here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Been raining all day here
    Posted: 25 May 2022 at 8:30pm
My darn old back has been so painful all day long. Took my limit of pain pills got a miserable headache now. Now that my good chiropractor has retired, I might take a trip out to Canasota S.D. and spend a week there. Dang I gotta go let the dog out. More hurting. Guess supper comes outta a tin can tonight.
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 8:57pm
this might help, can't hurt you...
1/2 glass of tomato juice
1/4 glass of orange juice
few dashes of lemon juice
sprinkles of salt
mix and enjoy....

this kinda 'poor mans gatorade' got RID of my 'sinus' type headaches...
I figure it replaces a lot of the stuff that's supposed to be in the blood, that gets diluted when we either sweat too much or drink gallons of water to 'stay hydrated'....

yeah, interesting taste.... you'll get used to it !

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 9:28pm
Wow. It’s been raining here most of the week. I’ve had back pain for quite some time but I don’t ever remember it hurting this bad.
I hope yours gets better soon.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 10:19pm
After the 2012 drought,I said I'd never complain about the rain again. Can't raise anything without water.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 7:39am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

this might help, can't hurt you...
1/2 glass of tomato juice
1/4 glass of orange juice
few dashes of lemon juice
sprinkles of salt
mix and enjoy....

this kinda 'poor mans gatorade' got RID of my 'sinus' type headaches...
I figure it replaces a lot of the stuff that's supposed to be in the blood, that gets diluted when we either sweat too much or drink gallons of water to 'stay hydrated'....

yeah, interesting taste.... you'll get used to it !

Add a couple of shots of vodka and you've got a real pain reliever!

200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 7:56pm
Only got 2.5 inches in the gauge. Looks like tain is over till next monday. I feel a heck of a lot better this afternoon.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 8:02pm
Jay I got's ta hit the grocery store tomorrow. I'll get some fixings then try your recipe.   It was suggested I stop by the liquor store and get the most expensive bottle of hootch they sell and add a little to your recipe. I'm a thinking the lady that suggested the "updated" recipe might wanta small sip herself. I'm probably gonna disappoint her. Thank you for the recipe. She dont like vodka.

Edited by 200Tom1 - 26 May 2022 at 8:09pm
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 6:23am
REAL vodka has no taste..so I bin told, hic.

The idea behind the concoction is that blood needs to be 'balanced'. A proper ratio of water to electrolytes(salts...). when you sweat,you lose both BUT most just drink gallons of water.( 'hydrate'  )..THAT dilutes the 'salts' in your blood, actually makes this worse ! The concoction ADDS lots of 'salts' and water to get the balance back where it should be.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 8:10am
Tom, we only got an inch here in the Newton area, nicest rain we've got in a very long time. Came down lightly for a long time. Hope it stays dry for the weekend!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 9:45am
We had little over a 1" of rain last night here in Ohio and supposed to get more this afternoon and the head for 90 tuesday
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic