This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Been almost 40 years

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Been almost 40 years
    Posted: 21 May 2022 at 9:33am
Since I heard the ringing of time on my grandfathers grandfather clock.
I was with him when he and grandmother purchased it in Burlington Colorado in 1975 I believe.
Grandma said it was to be passed down to me when Grandpa passed.
Grandma passed first.
My aunt took it at Grandpas funeral and my dad wouldn’t fight for it.
I never spoke to my aunt or her girls again.
Aunt and one of her daughters died this last year to Covid.
There were 4 other girls. They had the funeral a cousin le weeks back.
My brothers asked me to come to the funeral. There were other family I hadn’t seen in years and my dad was gonna be there.
I was given the clock after and it’s now home in Arkansas.
When Jenny and I got married she made me start reconnecting with some family.
I know I was wrong to carry a grudge for som many years.
I never did like my aunt nor did she ever like me but I was close with her husband and daughters. I’m glad to have visited with them.
Grandpa, Dad and us boys all farmed together.
Some of the farm land was bought strictly by my dad and mom.
Aunt fought like a crazed pit bull to get a cut of it as well as the original farm.
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 10:58am
Sometimes feels very nice to close the old sores of a grudge, even more so with family. Even if they kinda had it coming!
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 1:36pm
My grandfather had an older pump shotgun that was lefthanded . Believe it was a Winchester. When my grandmother learned I could shoot left or right handed she said that I should get my grandfather's shotgun. What I didn't know was that my grandfather had already promised it to an older cousin of mine. My grandfather had a stroke and my grandmother had a hard time with him . She had a nieghbor store his gun as she was afraid he would kill himself if he could. Long story short Grandfather died and then a few years later my grandmother passed away. My cousin couldn't make it to either ones funeral but made a trip to the nieghbor and got the gun . At my cousins funeral I asked his sister about the gun and she said " Oh he sold that long ago"
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 3:19pm
Yeah family - or adopted family that think its all ok- I hate that and they are no way rightful to the original, sad
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 5:30pm
My Grandfather had a Remington Model 11 Semi Automatic Shotgun.(Looks like a Browning Auto 5 with no magazine cut off) Gramp told me many times when he passed away he wanted me to have his Shotgun. Nothing was wrote down and no will. When Gramp passed my Uncle who was older than my Dad got all of the Firearms. Years later my Dad and I saw Gramps Deer Rifle a 30/30 Savage for sale in a local Gun Shop. My Uncle traded it off for a .22. Not being 18 and old enough to buy Guns I asked my Dad to buy it. He said no! He wanted it and got rid of it and there it stays! There was bad blood between my Uncle and my Dad ever since WW2.My Dad volunteered for Service and my Uncle got a deferment to work on the Farm. My Uncle then got a job in a War Factory to make more money and my Aunt's helped my Grandfather work the Farm while my Dad was overseas in the War.When Dad returned from the War my Uncle was picking on him as an older Brother would.My Dad had been where life was short and having what now is called PTSD and proceeded to beat my Uncle up! They never spoke to one another again and my Uncle would not speak to me!I did find out my Cousin still has the Shotgun but doesn't use it as he says it kicks to hard!

Edited by klinemar - 21 May 2022 at 5:34pm
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 3:44am

Well,, it just ain't like it used to be,, is it,,,? Many deals were struck with a handshake that carried more weight than a dozen notarized pieces of paper. My Dad never owned a firearm cause he never did hunt and with such a big family, never seemed to accumulate any property except for their house. Dad passed several years ago and two of the youngest boys moved in with my Mother,,,including their families. Neither of them ever gave my Mother any money as she would always call me to complain and I would go over and talk with them,,,never made much difference as she would not kick them out knowing that was only solution. When she passed (without a will),  one of the OTHER boys moved in and started to make repairs,,telling all that she had left HIM the house,, and everybody just accepted it,,,?? I had had a spat with my Mother so I did want to get involved and figured the rest of family could handle it from there. I guess the differences will one day be hashed out without my $.02. There has NOT been a family gathering at that house like we used to have for many years since my Mother passed,,,,SO SAD,,!!
 Almost the exact thing is happening with my Wife's family in Nort Dakota. MIL had 4 girls and one boy and one of the girls and the one boy had been living at the original homestead for several years., My MIL was put in a nursing home by the two living on the homestead bout 7 years ago,,,then, it got UGLY from then on!!  MIL passed Intestate, So, I expect that will go on in the Probate court system for a while as she had several parcels of property in her name,,,,,,,
 I KNEW it was gonna get UGLY when the two pettioned the courts for POA, even tho the other 3 girls wrote and sent the court, Notarized statements AGAINST the POA and requesting that ALL the 4 Daughters and the one boy be declared as POA's,,,,,? The court went ahead and granted POA to the two,,,,,??  Whatever happened to Family Values,,,??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic