This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Honda Harmony Wheel ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honda Harmony Wheel ?
    Posted: 13 May 2022 at 8:30pm
A neighbor lady's dog strolled into our yard Tuesday afternoon and upon taking the dog back to his home/owner, the widower was just putting her mower away. Right away I saw that she was mowing WAY too close to the ground and I commentated on it and she said she couldn't adjust the levers. I will admit, the front right adjustment was not easy, but the other 3 corners were easily changed. My ? is, while changing the front wheel height on her mower, the wheels would NOT spin freely by any means, even the rear "propelled" wheels would at least "free-spin" for a bit Confused.
What might be the issue with the front wheels so the poor gal doesn't stroke-out due to the friction of the wheels ? Thanks
Sponsored Links

FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 9:54pm
sounds like it needs some TLC which would include grease or oil...

Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 9:55pm
most push mowers are just a 1/2 inch bolt going thru a plastic wheel with no bearing... They get dirty and STICK........ Take out the bolt , wire brush, rub some grease on it, push thru the wheel, rotate several times until is spins... Then reinstall.. I do the same on a riding mower deck every 3 years.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 4:37am
I would tell Mr Blobby exactly what's wrong, but it's on a youtube video...Wink

Physician, wheel thyself...Hug

Edited by DiyDave - 14 May 2022 at 4:41am
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
D19allisowner View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D19allisowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 5:47am
Video would be too hard to understand when you've been drinkin.Beer
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 7:28am
Can you hum a few bars so as to get a better idea of what the problem is.
Harmony can come in many forms.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 7:30am
Another issue...widower is male, widow is female. 
Any chance an old lonely crossdresser?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 9:24am
are you saying he dont know the difference between a MAN and a WOMAN ???  Wink  .... seems like that is a COMMON problem these days !
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 7:18pm
Mowers should be named Igor, Spike or Luther not Harmony in the first place.
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 7:28pm
Be happy in your work Weedhopper.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

Well, aren't you "special" Clap !!!
You probably spent more time on YT than an "honest" I DON'T KNOW"ClapClap

FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by fixer1958 fixer1958 wrote:

Another issue...widower is male, widow is female. 
Any chance an old lonely crossdresser?

And THIS is a constructive reply as to what she should be looking for ?? 
What a DB, and you're not even into the TTPP category Confused
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

Well, aren't you "special" Clap !!!
You probably spent more time on YT than an "honest" I DON'T KNOW"ClapClap

There are things I know, and there things I can google or search youtube for...Wink

Make yourself just as "special" as I am, search youtube, for yourself, I found a video on the entire 15 minute fix, in about a second of searching!LOL
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

are you saying he dont know the difference between a MAN and a WOMAN ???  Wink  .... seems like that is a COMMON problem these days !
Ask your grand kids ClapClap
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 7:39pm
Freebe what kind of a farm did grow up on????? One that never lubed or greased? Taking a WAG as you said granddaughters birthday the other day I really hope your a long way past 30 Wink but that is DOING SOME REASONING. So I would guess a average farm should of had machines to grease. But most pre 1960 built equipment if something moved it had a spot to grease or oil. By the 70's it was a selling point to lubed for life bearing. So maybe you came from the we get new stuff every year farm.  So by the time you could pump a grease gun there was nothing to oil and grease.

So here a helpful hint if the wheel on the mower is not turning. LUBRACATE IT. Or at least hose it down with WD 40 as seen on TV adds.Wink I ant bought any WD 40 in 30 years as there are better brands. As the WD 40 gums up in time but helps for a time. Wink An brand of spray on wonder juice with PTFE or use to say TEFLON is the slickest in my experience. But that would be OFF TOPIC. LOL

So if looking for respect, or to be a TTP you keep harping on, do more thinking before asking what every 10 year old farm kid should of learned by watching.

Wink But from comments here children of the current BTO are not learning. As BTO leases a new machine every year and only adds fuel. Never changes oil or greases.LOL

But on the other hand THANK YOU FOR HELPING THE OLD WOMAN next door.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

Freebe what kind of a farm did grow up on????? One that never lubed or greased? Taking a WAG as you said granddaughters birthday the other day I really hope your a long way past 30 Wink but that is DOING SOME REASONING. So I would guess a average farm should of had machines to grease. But most pre 1960 built equipment if something moved it had a spot to grease or oil. By the 70's it was a selling point to lubed for life bearing. So maybe you came from the we get new stuff every year farm.  So by the time you could pump a grease gun there was nothing to oil and grease.

So here a helpful hint if the wheel on the mower is not turning. LUBRACATE IT. Or at least hose it down with WD 40 as seen on TV adds.Wink I ant bought any WD 40 in 30 years as there are better brands. As the WD 40 gums up in time but helps for a time. Wink An brand of spray on wonder juice with PTFE or use to say TEFLON is the slickest in my experience. But that would be OFF TOPIC. LOL

Apparently the funny farm...LOL

So if looking for respect, or to be a TTP you keep harping on, do more thinking before asking what every 10 year old farm kid should of learned by watching.

Wink But from comments here children of the current BTO are not learning. As BTO leases a new machine every year and only adds fuel. Never changes oil or greases.LOL

fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 2:05pm
I was confused on what TTPP meant.

TTPP
  1. Trade Tie-up Promotion Program
  2. Trade Tie-Up Promotion Program (Japan External Trade Organization)
  3. Tobacco Transition Payment Program (USDA)
  4. Think Tank Partnership Program (workshop; USAID)

Don't know how that applies but ok.
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 2:39pm
Yeah, I've been wondering what TTPP is supposed to mean too.  I guess we'll have to wait a few days to find out.  I see that someone is taking a little vacation.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 7:06am
Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

Pretty well said Ray.  I mean, I've heard farmers and maintenance guys say about someone not too mechanically inclined, "He couldn't fix a wheel barrow."  I think we've encountered one of them.  Can't figure out how to make a wheel spin on a lawn mower?  How many parts are involved in this complex arrangement?  Wow.Wink
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 9:54am
 I think we've encountered one of them.  Can't figure out how to make a wheel spin on a lawn mower?  How many parts are involved in this complex arrangement?  Wow.Wink

and then wants us to believe he worked on a farm and drove a D19 !!!...... I think DADDY worked on the farm and junior sat in the living room and read about it from a book !! ... Probably a Farm Coloring Book at that !!  Big smile
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 6:21am
Must be one of those times where somebody marveled at how he dealt with perplexity.  
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 6:34am
TTPP = Tries To Pee Properly ??
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 6:51am

A neighbor lady's dog strolled into our yard Tuesday afternoon and upon taking the dog back to his home/owner, the widower was just putting her mower away. Right away I saw that she was mowing WAY too close to the ground and I commentated on it and she said she couldn't adjust the levers. I will admit, the front right adjustment was not easy, but the other 3 corners were easily changed. My ? is, while changing the front wheel height on her mower, the wheels would NOT spin freely by any means, even the rear "propelled" wheels would at least "free-spin" for a bit Confused.
What might be the issue with the front wheels so the poor gal doesn't stroke-out due to the friction of the wheels ? Thanks

Look inside the wheel, that's where your problem is at.Wink

Car Roll GIF - Rollin Trippy GIFs
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Kansas99 Kansas99 wrote:

Look inside the wheel, that's where your problem is at.Wink

Car Roll GIF - Rollin Trippy GIFs
 Ya know, I look at that little vid, and I ask meself what kind of a mind decided, under any circumstances that was a good idea? Were they sitting around drinking adult soda pops and says, 'hey, ya' know what we could do'? Or, was this something they had dreamed of doing all their lives? or did it happen quite by accident, the little fella was climbing around on the wheel, and the driver failed to check all the wheels before he drove away, and there just happened to be a camera aimed at that wheel at the time.....? Maybe they were just trying to impress the females, vying for the right to mate
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 11:05am
He probably lost his fish sandwich in there. LOL

Also I noticed they must be the last Houston Oilers fans.LOL

Edited by Kansas99 - 18 May 2022 at 11:06am
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 12:36pm
Was a thief trying to steal those wheels and the vehicle owner pulled away not knowing…..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic