This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 200 hydraulic leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duckman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 200 hydraulic leak
    Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 8:45pm
My 200 has a hydraulic fluid leak below the steering wheel behind the control panel counsel. The fluid runs out onto the floor of the tractor. Would anyone have a thought as to what may be leaking? The leak just started while mowing this past weekend. I haven't had a chance to work on it yet and thought maybe I could get some good advice on here. I've never done any tractor mechanics but I am mechanically inclined and have the shop manual for the AC 200 so I have just enough to be dangerous! Lol. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links

Albert View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 9:28pm
sounds like a hose on the steering hand valve or the hand valve its self needing a seal kit.
could be just a loose hose.
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 4:20pm
Seals on the steering motor need to be replaced. Could also be a line.  Take the hood off and you will have a better idea. 
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 6:12pm
Don't try and take the steering column apart to get to the valve you just unbolt the valve from off the bottom of the column. Search other posts about this.
Duckman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duckman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 11:57pm
Thank you all for your help. I took the hood off and then could see the steering valve and the four lines attached to it. The line that returns to the sump had about six little pin holes in it. I replaced the line and was leak free for a few hours but the leak returned. It was a much slower leak the second time around. I would guess the seals in the valve are bad and I'll be doing a rebuild on it soon. I'm going to replace all the lines also as two of them look to be original lines and the third is like the one I replaced, probably 30 years old anyway. I'll be back when I get that done to find out how to get the system bled. Thanks again for the help. I learned from your input and I appreciate you for that!
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 8:45pm
Air is not much of a problem. Turn right to left and back a few times and you are free of air.                     MACK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic