This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Window Tint ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Window Tint ??
    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 5:57pm
When were the laws changed to let the newer model years of a vehicles' windows be pretty much "LIMO TINT" ??
Sponsored Links

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 6:01pm
Not sure myself. I have noticed that on newer tinted windows, the closer you get to the windows, you can actually see into the driver compartments better than years ago. Maybe it’s just me, but it appears that way.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 6:14pm
gee I don't know, why don't you consult google, for your local tint laws...Wink

I'm sure that'll fix hue right up...Hug
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 6:38pm
Dave, are you throwing shade on this topic?
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 7:06pm
He just wants to be sure nobody is left in the dark
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 7:18pm
I'm dyeing to make another punfest outta this one!WinkLOL
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 7:29pm
I'm sure laws vary by state, but In NY State, you must be able to see the driver through the window (70% light transmission factor), unless you can prove it is factory installed or have medical documentation that light reduction is medically necessary.
bemer848 View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bemer848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 7:46pm
Freegas wants to be able to drive home from the package store with out the law seeing him drink his beer.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 8:01pm
He's so bright, when he's driving, he blinds on-coming traffic!Wink
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 8:23pm
just dont rub any of the BLUE OVAL stuff on the windows ! Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 8:44pm
If he drives around with the windows down is that the same thing as the color running out of his blue oval, asking for a friend
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 8:59pm
This reminds me about 10 years ago a friend of mine stopped at the feedlot and his 14 year old son came up and parked his car behind my feed truck.  Well I couldn't see it because the spout blocked my view and I backed into his passenger door and knocked out his window.  He needed to go and asked his dad if he could use his dad's pickup for a ride home because he didn't want to get a ticket for not having a window in his passenger door.LOL
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 3:05am
my old hearse had limo tint...we sure drank lots of beer in it!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 4:40am
Well that takes light off the subject
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 6:41am
Must have a dim view of the dark tint.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 7:02am
here in Ontario, some(all ?) cops have a gizmo to measure the tint...too much and it's a big fine.....
Another one of them idiot laws as it can be a 'subjective' roadside fine( no machine in car...)

What the law SHOULD say is NO tint for windshield AND the two front side windows.

sorry no puns..haven't had enough coffee yet.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 11:40am
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

I'm dyeing to make another punfest outta this one!WinkLOL

Well I can't say I tint see this one coming.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 12:07pm
I had my windows tinted, last fall.   The tint guy showed me what was legal.   It wasn't dark enuff for me.   I picked a tint, being conservative.  Now i'm sorry i didn't go darker.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 12:12pm
Can ya See Me now???  

Hmmm?
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 12:13pm
If I was Freed, I'd use a can of gloss black Rust-Oleum, you can never go too dark when your passenger is a 30 pack.Wink
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 12:18pm
ClapLOL
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 12:23pm
I actually will be removing the factory tints from my F150, replacing them with clear glass, once the 'machine' is put away.

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 1:17pm
Recently, I was fueling up my truck and a pickup pulled up at the next pump. Until the driver got out, I had no idea who was sitting behind the wheel of that truck.  I could see nothing inside.
I can't imagine being a police officer walking up to a vehicle and having no idea who was in a vehicle and what they were doing.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 1:28pm
According to the MSHP Officers that live around here, they do flinch HARD when walk up on these.  90% are AF Am drivers, they take OFFENSE at being pulled over and HARASSED by Being BLACK, however cannot see them thru the Tinting.  Race Card Game.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 8:22pm
Are we just letting this topic  fade into the darkness?
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 8:26pm
well, it is kind of a SHADY topic ! Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 9:11pm
Not nice to keep everyone in the dark

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 5:23am
  gassy is a lovable man with a colorful personality. He is a great hue-man.Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 13 Mar 2022 at 5:23am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 8:40am
Tint we beat this one to death yet? Someone please film me in.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 9:00am
great way to shed some light on a dark subject
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic