This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cold in Ohio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cold in Ohio
    Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 7:22am
Good morning all,
     I know some of you guys will laugh because you see a lot colder weather than this but we had -5 this morning here in central Ohio. At least the sun is out, so far. How are things elsewhere in Allis land? Keep warm.
Sponsored Links

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 7:25am
-12 when I got up
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 9:07am
minus 16 the other day. A calm zero today. lots of sun. sure beats the mud of december
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 9:24am
34 deg F, overcast, this morning in Coleman TX
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 9:31am
we are in the 'teens' here in central KS with a supposed high couple degrees above freezing..
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 9:33am
4 DEGRESS IN Central Mo! Have had crazy temp swings this winter
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 9:50am
55 in Zephyrhills, Florida, and drizzle.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
WaltN View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaltN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 10:03am
A balmy -25, west central Wisconsin.
CA w/Woods L306
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 10:32am
-3 sometime after midnight last night, now up to a blistering 17 but gonna be in the 30's later today before more snow tomorrow here is Sunny Colorado.

OOOH, -25, now that's cold!
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 11:43am
Was 10 this morning, up from -15 yesterday but 40 mph winds today, was nicer yesterday at colder temp.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 12:15pm
It's 53 degrees and sunny here in SC . Very nice !
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 12:50pm
  -20 at 4am, Now at 1pm, a balmy 8 degrees
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 1:10pm
i'm tell'in ya'll...it's them silly Canadians fault it's so cold down here...they won't keep their doors closed!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 2:28pm
   Shameless can keep his snow and the Canadians can keep their sub zero temperatures. I had 1 degree this morning and 15 now, the sun shining in the window sure feels nice. Tomorrow they are saying - 4 and up into 20s. I am ready for next week they are saying into 40s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 2:41pm
Started off 2 here this morning, managed to make 29 currently.
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 8:06pm
According to my thermometer it's was -20 this morning and got up to 15 today it's supposed to warm up and put shamless machine back to work 
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 7:30am
     Well, it was -13 here a little bit ago. Way too cold. Where's that global warming when you need it? Hey Shameless, who do we see in Canada about the cold. I think it's time to talk to them.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 7:42am
Not sure what it is here in NW New Joisey, but when I took the garbage out to the road this morning it was one of those nose hair freezers! Woke me up pretty quick. Whew!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 11:22am
-20 this morning and -25 couple days ago
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

i'm tell'in ya'll...it's them silly Canadians fault it's so cold down here...they won't keep their doors closed! maybe if you would refrain from shooting the white pretty at them they would keep the cold to themselves.

-6 here this AM

I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 1:58pm
Another very nice day here , sunny and 50 degrees ! 
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Dusty MI Dusty MI wrote:

55 in Zephyrhills, Florida, and drizzle.

Just heard on the radio it’s supposed to be down to 30 in Miami. They said the Iguana will freeze but once the sun comes out they’ll wake back up and be fine. However they also said if they freeze while in trees they’ll just fall out of the tree.

So if you’re under any trees while it’s below freezing watch out for falling Iguanas.
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 12:56pm
  SIL said it only got down to 40 and up to 48, but they calling for a freeze Saturday night
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 4:07pm
Wonder how Steve is holding up with the blizzard. Picked a good winter to be retired
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 6:40pm
Was 30 this morning on the kind of sunny central coast of California, 66 at 2 pm heading back to low 30's. Back to needing rain after a dry Jan. Cry  Not critical yet if we stay at 70 or under. But it ant climate change yet in my book. Always been to dang wet to farm in the short days of winter, then hoping and praying for a rain if you get grain planted.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic