This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$22,000 L3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 8:34pm
Freed

2 questions 

1) What’s your hard on against Deere?   They must be doing something right they are only major ag manufacturer to not have been bought out or merged.    Nothing against Allis but even if you had last one off the line it’s over 36 years old.  New Deere’s are rolling off the line daily.  I like my Allis’s but after a certain point it’s time to move on.  

2) How do you know how long it took to fix the snapped axle or how much it cost?  Honestly a long day for 2 guys to take it apart and a another day to put it together.  Cribbing and jacking it on the worked ground without it shifting was the hard part.  As far as cost let’s say 50% of having the dropbox rebuilt on the Blue Steiger or replacing rear axle on the Steiger after it cracked the casting that holds the main bearing in the rear end.  Another way to rationalize it is was MUCH MUCH cheaper than firing ring and jug work on the Kraut can was.  I got a buddy that put close to $25,000 in his kraut can before trading it off. 
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Sponsored Links

JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 11:33pm
As far as I know, Gleaners are rolling off the assembly line every day too!
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 7:05am
Originally posted by JohnColo JohnColo wrote:

As far as I know, Gleaners are rolling off the assembly line every day too!

Gleaners are but Allis tractors are not. 
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by victoryallis victoryallis wrote:

Freed

2 questions 

1) What’s your hard on against Deere?   They must be doing something right they are only major ag manufacturer to not have been bought out or merged.    Nothing against Allis but even if you had last one off the line it’s over 36 years old.  New Deere’s are rolling off the line daily.  I like my Allis’s but after a certain point it’s time to move on.  

2) How do you know how long it took to fix the snapped axle or how much it cost?  Honestly a long day for 2 guys to take it apart and a another day to put it together.  Cribbing and jacking it on the worked ground without it shifting was the hard part.  As far as cost let’s say 50% of having the dropbox rebuilt on the Blue Steiger or replacing rear axle on the Steiger after it cracked the casting that holds the main bearing in the rear end.  Another way to rationalize it is was MUCH MUCH cheaper than firing ring and jug work on the Kraut can was.  I got a buddy that put close to $25,000 in his kraut can before trading it off. 
PLEASE quit while you  "might" be ahead !!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Originally posted by Tom59 Tom59 wrote:

I wonder what a nice Gleaner F3 in the same condition would bring ?
There "used to be" an outfit in Pennsylvania that only sold combines, his F3's were pretty pricy if memory serves Wink
For some reason KEITERS was the name of the combine meca ??
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Freed

2 questions 

PLEASE quit while you  "might" be ahead !!

Maybe you should stop stirring the pot especially when you don’t know what your talking about.  
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 1:13am
This topic was started talking about a Gleaner Combine selling for $22,000.  Since this is an Allis Forum, I'm pretty sure most all the members know Allis tractors are no longer in production.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 7:20am

This topic was started talking about a Gleaner Combine selling for $22,000.  Since this is an Allis Forum, I'm pretty sure most all the members know Allis tractors are no longer in production.

Yes but Freed has a hard on against Deere. My point was those of us that got 20-30 years ahead of them need to look at other options. When it comes to articulated tractors it’s pretty much Deere or CNH.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 7:58am

Yes but Freed has a hard on against Deere. My point was those of us that got 20-30 years ahead of them need to look at other options. When it comes to articulated tractors it’s pretty much Deere or CNH.

True…but most of the guys here have a hard on for Deere.

Edited by Tbone95 - 24 Jan 2022 at 7:59am
Sherman Farms View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherman Farms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 8:43am
All Agco tractors, combines, and equipment are Allis-Gleaner built.
B, C, RC, 3 wc,2 wd,3 wd45, d15, d17, d19, d21, 190, 440, 7040, 918 backhoe, 12 roto balers, 7 60 combines, 40, 66,2 72,90 super, sp100, Gleaner E, F3, 3 L2, R62, and much more
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic