This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What should I do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What should I do?
    Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 7:22pm
Some of you know I have a health issue and I'm currently relearning how to walk. That said, I have sold my farm equipment and I'm considering what to do with my collection. My current conundrum is what to do with my 1975 200 with a 500 Allis loader. It looks rough but runs good, the hydraulics and power steering work as they should but the power director is out and the engine clutch is weak. It can move itself but can be stopped by an ant hill if the ant was particularly industrious. Lol! For the past several years it's been used to load and unload in the yard only with the idea that "when we had time" it would come in the shop to be fixed and painted. Well obviously I'm not going to be pulling a pd any time soon. I don't think it's worth hiring it done. So do I call salvage yards for offers, put it on EBay, or offer it in the classifieds here? Considering the loader and the motor alone I was thinking like $3500 is that realistic?
AGCO My Allis Gleaner Company
Sponsored Links

rtwfarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtwfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 7:44pm
Pic to 402-469-1738
Dave in il View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 8:10pm
I'm waiting for pictures since I can't walk around it. My guy gets off work and it's dark and has family stuff most week ends so it's been awhile since I asked
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 9:07pm
Dave, you may want to consider an online auction as another option. It seems everything is selling well on them at this time. 
Sorry to hear of your problems. 
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 9:11pm
Your amount sounds realistic. Advertise locally and see what happens. Good luck.  Smile
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 7:36am
Man I'd love to pick up a 200 with loader for 3500, and in IL! Not sure where in IL you are though. Looks like you've generated enough interest right here to get it sold at a fair price, to both you and a buyer. Good luck in healing! Looks like you're just south of streator. The down side is my trailers won't be on the road now until spring and the salt is rinsed down. I could however mail payment if we agreed to a deal. 

Edited by injpumpEd - 03 Jan 2022 at 7:39am
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 9:17am
Ed you surely got a buddy with a trailer.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 3:13pm
Oh I've got 2 goosenecks, but they don't go in the salt lol!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 3:20pm
Ed.......... your about close enough to DRIVE it home !! Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 5:14pm
Sure, if it has a cab with heat! I'm a lover of the great indoors! lol!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 7:00pm
Guys I hope to have pictures this weekend thanks, Dave
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 9:23pm
Just keep it. Things could change and then you might have regrets in letting it go. Just saying. Good luck with whatever you decide.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 9:33pm
I was thinking like Stan. Unless you really need some cash (and it isn't a life changing #) just keep it. Who knows what the future holds?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by injpumpEd injpumpEd wrote:

Hire a roll-off.
Dirt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 9:41pm
Im in agreement with Stan, it isn't costing anything in the shed and could be a "therapy" project when the time comes, dont rush and make a hasty decision, old tractors don't cost much in the corner of the shed
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 7:18am
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

Originally posted by injpumpEd injpumpEd wrote:

Hire a roll-off.

Great idea! My son in law has several roll back tow trucks! This is too close to home for me to not get. Text me pics if easier Dave. 815-303-3492. 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 9:29am
Well with that scenario you have no excuse for not "moving" it if Dave does sell.
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 9:33am
Get well!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 2:07pm
I finally have pictures

The door is gone, the back glass is too.

The front tire is my spare and we're keeping it it will come with the wheel and tire that came off it but the tire is shot

I have the grill somewhere but it's damaged and kept falling off, since it never left the yard we never tried fixing it

The cab leans to the left a little, thats because while mowing a road ditch it slid sideways down a bank and ended up on its right side. I'm still here so it did it's job and i swear the wrecker operator did more damage than the roll over lol. there is no center link

It has 18.4 34 bias ply tires at a bout 50% no cracks or damage

still has decent tread

The interior was gone when I bought it the seat has been broke and fixed the cushions are decent

I didn't take the pictures. I tried to describe it as well I as could, but keep in mind it's been months since I have seen let alone operated this tractor. We put batteries in it this summer but if it's not run for more than a couple days. The loader frame was broken near one of the uprights and the repair was done very well. 

Well what do you think?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 2:12pm
I should have said the batteries run down when the tractor isn't run every couple days.
JSHIVERS View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSHIVERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 2:19pm
Hi Dave,

All these options sound good, with the exception of scrapping it.
#1 get to feeling better and good luck!
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 2:36pm
ok, I was able to get over and save this poor tractor, sn 4758, so cost reduced 200. I am thinking the PD issue is a hyd issue, not so much a PD clutch issue, yet. It acts as it's just doing the usual creep in N, L or H. It will move under it's own power, but stops easily with the brakes, and pto keeps going. It's a 2 speed mechanical pto. I stuck a gauge in one of the 2 small ports on the PD valve, and it showed 0 psi, no matter lever position.  I now have a pressure gauge on the tee ahead of brake pedals. Start it and run about 1600 rpm it has 150 psi, no matter the lever position also. The spool moves in and out, but you can feel a spring resistance at each end of travel. At no point does the gauge show the 60 psi neutral spec. Parts books shows the 4001 sn and up having a revised pd valve. Is this a common problem? This tractor did get laid over on it's side, so I suspected linkage issues. Thanks for any input in advance! One other thing I noticed, is while it's running, it sounds like the hydraulics are buzzing more than should be at the front oil cooler, which is the same circuit as the pd & steering. The cooler is not bolted down to hood though, but it just sounds like something is dead heading and going into relief. 

Edited by injpumpEd - 04 Oct 2022 at 2:44pm
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 4:17pm
Ed, when I started reading this post, I was thinking linkage to the pd as soon as I read the part about having been laid over, and cab leaning. My one ninety gasser came with a saggy cab/operator platform, due to lack of axle supports being put on when the cab went on. And pd slipped. After getting everything back up where it belonged, pd is tight again. Been several years ago now, still working
Darrel
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 4:44pm
I can watch the pd valve go in and out, not sure it's all the way either direction, but at some point it should have a neutral, and the gauge should drop to about 50psi. Of course, my only manual is an I&T and it doesn't technically cover the later 200's that I can see. It just says 190/200. This is why I'm asking here, haven't gotten a manwell yet lol!
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 7:33am
Hope your health is improving Dave. Best wishes to you!

Congrats Ed, You've got the next Allis I'd love to have.
I was reading the post and wondering why you were worried about taking out trailers in October, that I saw the post started last January. Tongue
Glad you got it and enjoy your 200!

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 7:49am
Yea, probably should have started a new thread, this one's title doesn't describe my issues lol! But there was already lots of information in it. Dave looked good and seemed like he was improving as he hoped. Really great guy and his friends that helped me are fantastic as well. 

Edited by injpumpEd - 05 Oct 2022 at 7:50am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic