This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CA X 2!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 7:40am
Mike,
 You have been very busy! Just getting caught up on your tractor and building project too! 
Great that you can get equipment in under cover! 
The CA has had some needed repairs and will be a good work horse for you! 
Thanks for the updates and pictures!
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Sponsored Links

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 9:49am
Time for another little update, some good, some not so good;

The good, got the disc hooked up, shined it up a bit in a grass area that's pretty rough. Then went to the garden, worked great. Remembered to get a pic, barely.

Other upshot is the 52 plow is as ready for dirt, (or paint) as it's ever going to be.

On the downside; After discing the garden, I headed back to the grass. Going up the hill the tractor slowed and then came to a complete stop! Thought it must be the foot clutch, it's not. Turns out the hand clutch that didn't want to release is the culprit. Back to the drawing board I guess.

The other thing I discovered while tractor riding down the road is, the left final drive is noisy. A little exploratory surgery in it's future now. Such is life.

wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 10:11pm
That's a bummer. Any idea on the hand clutch?
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 7:21am
John, I'm really at a loss as to what's going on with the hand clutch. On the upside, I have the other final drive torn all the way down and have the new parts to go back together. Of course, it's about time to start planting so that will slow things down a bit. I will keep this updated as progress is made.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 1:53pm
Much like Bill Murry in 'What about Bob', I'm doing the baby step thing. Have the final drive housing stripped down, that last race was a bugger to get out. Took it to the car-wash today. Think all the shrapnel is gone. Let the reassembly begin!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 6:51am
Ah, the fun of having something down.  I hear ya buddy.
My D17 with the FEL needs gas tank work.  I was going to change the gas gauge and one of the machine screws broke off.  Somehow I've gotta get that out.
My CA the wiring burned up last fall and I got it back together, but then I had starter troubles.  Had to work that all over and have yet to get up there to get that going.
Can't get up there because my 04 Chev truck needs a new fuel pump in it.  All I can say is I hope that goes smoothly.  I don't need any other headaches...
Pray for spring and warm weather and NO MORE SHOW!!  Rain sounds good....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic