This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Going to be traveling next 2-3 weeks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going to be traveling next 2-3 weeks
    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 11:05pm
I'm gonna travel thru the Dakotas, taking every small highway, back road I can find. Will be stopping at small towns attempting to drum up business for her Honey business. Old gal made a whole bunch of other things too. About the only thing at this time we are not prepared to make is soap. #2 son is taking a class on it next week or two. While the Randol Honey site is down, I thought it might be a good time for a road trip. hope it don't turn cold and snowy. I guess if'n it snows, I'll be coming back through Neb on the way home. I've still gots that wore out old monkey wrench I can toss at that dad burned old snow machine.
Sponsored Links

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 6:15am
Have a good trip and if you do pass through NE, DONT MISS. The retribution will be extreme
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 6:19am

Hey Tom,,sure glad to see you getting back out and about after your recent loss. I too have been having thoughts about doing the same thing, just to get away and see other things and places,,,altho,,,it not a good time of the year for plannin a road trip thru them DakotasWink Them natives tell me they can get a major winter SNOW storm of the 36" class ,,,most times with any prior warning,!! SOOo,,you take care on your trip thru there,,,and,,,and,,,keep the tank near full just in case you do fall into one of them 5' drifts they always talkin about,,,,,by the way ole Darrel(ND) lives just west of Bismark. Good Luck!!
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 12:06pm
I'll be heading thru desert joe's country on nov18th!  head for AZ for the winter!

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 1:42pm
  Tom besafe and I hope you can enjoy the travel time. Don't forget to take that monkey wrench
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 7:58pm
I wuz cleaning up today and found a second old wrench. I might take both, just in case.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:50pm
guess i better put that thing back in hiding awhile huh....
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:52pm
oh....yeah....have a safe trip! i spose i could gits ahold of some of my law enforcement buddies up there and ask the to do some equipment checks on yer vehicle...want you to be the safest possible way you can be! 
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 9:15pm
I have a local bee man who puts hives on my farm, get lots of free honey.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 8:38am

Aw shoot, TomNE,,,,sure looking like i'm gonna miss you when you come thru,,, Plans are to spend Thanksgiving with our #4 son in Dallas this year as they just bought a huge new house And while there,  I want to go to Canton for 2-3 days as I ain't been to a big flea market in years. Then I'm gonna slip over to Longview to visit some friends I met while working over there, AND go to Jucy's and eat a few helpings of some of their famous Charro Beans and,,This time I am going to get their recipe! One way or ta other!!  I made friends with a nice lady on the Market Place Cooking section and she tells me she CAN duplicate any recipe if I can get her a sample,,,,,only'ist thing,,,she lives in Los Angeles,,,,PFFfttttt,,,,,
 By the way which direction are you going thru New Mexico? Drive carefully and ,,,and,,,watch out for them pesky little green men hiding behind them tumbleweeds,,,,Wink
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 10:02am
So far weather has been good in my neck of the Dakotas!(between Dickinson and Bismarck ND)!
Darrel
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 8:56pm
A real serious question guys. Are there any Casey's fueling stations in the Dakotas?? Seems like I eat a ton of peperoni pizza and drink a lot of their unsweet tea.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 9:07pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

A real serious question guys. Are there any Casey's fueling stations in the Dakotas?? Seems like I eat a ton of peperoni pizza and drink a lot of their unsweet tea.

There seems to be one in most towns around here. We have 3 here in Watertown.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 2:23am
we have 2 in our town
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 2:32am
hummmmmmm....hey guys....shhhhhhh....don't talk to loud where Tom can hear us....but i'm think'in there should be a party at his house while they is gone! watcha ya'll think? wonder what kinda beer is in his fridge? 
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 9:07am

Well, Shameless,,,,last time I talked to ole Tom,,,,he had just stocked up with a bunch of BLACK LABEL,,,,so ya'll be in luck,,,,,,Clap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 11:59pm
YUCK!!!! what a sicko! guess we all could shake all them up and throw them to see how far they go when the cans split open. 
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 7:32pm
Shameless, just feed the cats and dogs and chickens. Filthy old goats are going to the sale barn monday. Neighbor may get the chickens.   Bee carefully there is one or two very nasty beehives in the front yard. Even as cool as it is here, I had them buzzin everywhere today.   I AIN'T buying no Black Label. I only drank it once, not for me.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 29 Oct 2021 at 7:34pm
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

Shameless, just feed the cats and dogs and chickens. Filthy old goats are going to the sale barn monday. Neighbor may get the chickens.   Bee carefully there is one or two very nasty beehives in the front yard. Even as cool as it is here, I had them buzzin everywhere today.   I AIN'T buying no Black Label. I only drank it once, not for me.

WinkLOLLOL
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 11:57am
Wink But Tom, Black label seems to be the favorite brand of members here, LOL  if they are buying. So you really need to have some to offer. Clap But I am sure when you open a better brand they would gladly have one of the more expensive ones with you.LOL  
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 1:17am
yep...Ray's gots it figgered out! aw shucks Tom, we'll just wait til it's colder out, then go in the house and crank up the heat and drunks yer beer!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 11:30pm
When I wuz in Germany a drinking great beer, well those was the days. Guys I havnt been able to drink American beer since I got home in Dec 1973. I havnt tasted any of the craft beers. Anyway. I'd druther have a Mountain Dew. No buzz in it and it don't leave a nasty taste in my mouth or produce real foul smell, well with it, I don't stink up the pickup cab. Gots those stinking money eating goats to the sale barn today. Guys at the barn were telling me how great the old gals male goat was. They wished I had papers on old stinky. Might put any cash I get from this herd and use it for a cruse to the Bahamas in February. If I get to go, I'm gonna ship some good rum home.    I've been there twice, wish I could lay around on the beach there for a couple of weeks. I never seen 1 A C tractor when I was there. Might go thru the panama canal, been there on the ground. They got the very good rum drinks in that country too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic