This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

San Spa walk in tub project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: San Spa walk in tub project
    Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 9:49pm
I work for a local pharmacy in Omaha Nebraska.  We sell and install San Spa walk in tubs.  I worked on this one 2 weeks ago, getting it ready for tile and paint.  This week another guy did the tile and paint.  Originally it had been a 60" X 60" corner whirlpool tub, so floor tile was also needed.  It turned out really nice, if I say so myself! 
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
Sponsored Links

Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 10:27pm
Looks great
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 11:04pm
i guess them doors seal well... How deep can you put the water ?  Is there a safety so you cant open the door with water inside ?  Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 11:38pm
They used to have 2 actions required to open the door, but now they just have one! For the water jets to come on the water needs to be 5” from the top!
Greg Kroeker
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 12:38pm
I have always thought about the time it would take for the water to fill and drain.  It seems like it could take awhile and you could get uncomfortable waiting!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 2:43pm
My son has similar to the pic, in the house he bought. They are a chore to keep clean, his also has a shower. He would like to change it out, back to original tub & shower, but the ‘skin-flint miser’ he is, he don’t want to spend the money. lol
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 8:09pm
Yes they take awhile to fill! We do a ‘legal’ drain whenever possible! That means a 2” at the tub dedicated to a 3”! We timed one the otherday-90 seconds to drain!
Greg Kroeker
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 8:45pm

Hey Greg,,,that does look really nice.! We were gonna do the bathtub like that except the wife was not comfortable being in that deep water and was afraid of slipping off the seat with only one leg to hold her up,,so I took the tub out and installed a full length Walk-in shower that she really liked sitting on the shower chair while she bathed herself,,,but,,,but,,I still had to stand there,,,just in case, Ya know,,,
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 9:12pm
One I installed 10 years ago had a pump on the drain where it would drain extremely fast . As Gregg said oversize the drain to handle the flow. Also the one I installed required 3/4" water lines to the faucet as it filled just as fast. Customer kept a large towel with her to dry off as it drained. Claimed it was not an issue waiting for water to drain to get out.
Unit cost over 5 grand itself. She got insurance to pay for it as a doctor signed off calling it "medical equipment ". Would imagine how Gregg's Customer pay for those. Good replacement for useless jacuzzi tubs .
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic