This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

if i would have just thunk more....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: if i would have just thunk more....
    Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 9:28pm
our house is in a turmoil...started when i bought the kitchen table and chairs from my BIL's estate sale. had i known what %#&%*#^ that would cause...i would have passed on it! o-k...so now we will take our old kitchen setee out to the cook shack, which i'm in the middle of siding the walls inside...one more thing to get in my way right now. the new to us kitchen table and chairs are setting outside tarped over as we have no room in the house to set them right now cuzzzzz the old lady....ooooooops....i mean the slave driver wife has decided to replace the kitchen carpeting now that the table and benches have been moved out! PffffffT! oh....and did i say we hafta dismantle the old set to get it out? PfffffT! then put it all back together out in the cook shack. them dismantle the new set and move that in after the new carpet is laid! now...don't ya'll raise yer hands up at once...but who will let me hide out at your house for a week?
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 9:40pm
git that old chain saw and build a BIG DOOR thru the wall !!   A new BIG SLIDER would look GREAT !  Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 9:42pm
Yep! One thing leads to another. If it were me, I would rip out the carpet and put down LVP. Don't lose any hardware when taking the furniture apart; we all know you already have a few loose screws. LOL I feel your pain. I am refinishing the floors at the farm house; no where to store the furniture so I have to pile the furniture of one room into another room and paint walls, ceiling and redo the floor in that one room, then move on to another room and do it again.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 9:42pm
You best be taking her out to dinner every night it's not completed. Flowers would be a good touch also.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 1:22am
How about a box of chocolates.....(that might be a request....DiyDave?)
What's for supper Grampa?
er.......HI Buddy!!

I agree, get rid of the carpet in the kitchen!  After you tear the old one up, you'll see why!

"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 4:53am
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 4:58am
YOU PICKED HERLOL
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 1:25pm
WinkAll the brain power saying BIGGER door. LOL

Wink Other people looking for a shot of "pretty".LOL

Clap How many ways can he shoot that stuff at the same time anyway. Confused

But looks like Dave and Paul are kind a in the same area.LOL So you could be first.Wink

Mr Shameless dude you could just start over, you was looking at The Great White North once. Or the big warehouse in town on the little investment, one corner of the big old money maker warehouse for  the house of Shame............lessLOL dude. Big roll up doors to bring the groceries in with the fork truck. Confused Or the furniture or the old puppies or .................anything. Just don't want you wasting to much on the old shack.LOL Since you been dreaming of a different place.

Ok guys keep the ideas for the Shameless dream abode going. LOL Maybe he will forget his other hobby.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 11:58am
If the house was built correctly, one of the doors should be 36".  If you can get to that door with your big furniture, you should be able to get it thru that door without taking them apart.  And, if you're like me you will need to have one of them "Husband for a Day" to move it all.

D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 12:48am
If I remember right, when you go into Shameless's front door you take a right and go through another door to the kitchen, and, as I remember, the kitchen isn't all that big.  Am I right, Dale?
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 6:00am
hahaha, welcome to MY World... I'm still trying to figure out where to put 3D-14, their sheds and 500sqft of 'small engine stuff'. NINE weeks ago (63 dayze) was 'asked' to remove, farm implements, trailer, totes, etc from fenceline. I, moved it all,by myslef, ZERO help, in less than 24hrs, never got a 'thank you' let alone a 'where did it all go ?'
Should be interesting next spring when 'someone' wants their 1/4ac veggie garden plowed and rototilled.....or the 1/2ac lawn rolled.....
hmm doorways at 36" ?? NOT the new build next door !! walkin master closet is maybe 28, bathrooms 24, main door 34..oh well not my place, not my problem.....

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 9:58am
Awe shucks Shameless. I give up. You can come hang out at my place. I started cleaning out my quonset, so you can continue on that project. I'll get a roll off dumpster out there for ya. Just don't be throwing out any of my good stuff!
Darrel
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 2:02pm
  Shamer you can't beat a deal like Darrel offered better jump on it.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 9:06pm
thanks ya'll...yeah....my front door is 36 inches, but we still gots to take it all apart. finally gots everything done tonight. carpet all laid. i thoughts i was sposed to be the only-est one in this house to gits laid! all the furniture and appliances cleaned, moved, and put back where they is sposed to be. puppy was a big (yeah right) help too! still gotta go out and gits my crooked saw in, sposed to rain tonight and tomarrow. guess now i can gits back to putting the floor boards on the cook shack walls. what's done sure looks nice. almost to the point of lots of trimming around wall cabinets,doors,windows. that's a pain.  
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 12:10pm
Wink Now that you got HER kitchen all fixed with that nice carpet you best keep you and the pups and any bumms from here that stop by out in your cook shack. 
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 1:07pm
  That's a Big 10 - 4
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 2:28am
lol...i spent the day in the cook shack putting stuff away and re-aranging stuff and trying to make space so i can put up more planks on the walls...the old lady.....ooooops.....i mean the loving wife came home and asked if there is more room for her to put more stuff out there!!!! I SAID %*^@&$ NO! then i told her to build her own shed! 
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 12:20pm
Is there room for you to sleep in the cook shed?  Just asking...
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 11:37pm
Sounds like he'll be spending a LOT more time out there now....
When are YOU starting her new shed?
"Allis-Express"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 11:54pm
ain't no more room for sleeping any more out there unless i use the table. i've already thought about that a few times, thought it would be simpler! i don't mind being out in the shack, lots of times i love being by myself. Ted...i have to build her a shed for her doves first, i spose that will be the next thing before winter. 
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 6:27am
Hey does that mean it's gonna be a while before you fire up that m as machine of yours?
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 6:57am
If a Man-Cave is an A$$HOLE, is a She-Shed a Bitch-Barn LOL Just asking for someone Ermm
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Harvey/pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey/pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 7:27am
I liked the sliding glass door idea. Sip your coffee and watch your Allis tractors and growing crops and cattle grazing and the guineas in the yard and I'm going back to the kitchen now...Harvey
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 1:49am
at least with the table i just put in there, i can put together more steel cabinets for the walls. i'll be able to put some more things up and out of the way until she figgers out what more she can stash in there! shhhhhhhhhhh.....i did burn alot of what i thought was of no use to me/us today....gots it burned before she saw it! was a bunch of her stash! don't ya'll rat me out now!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 1:50am
Darrel....is any of yer "good stuff" pawnable? lol
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 1:52am
Paul....my "other" head picked her! 
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 9:16am
Yeah and now that the "other" head don't work so good anymore........we're stuck with em and that sure makes life interesting and fun...

If'n you keep that 'purdy' to a minimum this year, I won't tell her about that burn pile....
"Allis-Express"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Darrel....is any of yer "good stuff" pawnable? lol

Naw, most of my "good stuff" is probably only valuable to me. Anyone else would look at it and say, "what in the Sam Hill is this crap?"
Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Paul....my "other" head picked her! 

I thinks that I can relate to that! What was the good Lord thinking when he put so much power in such a..... Never mind! Lol!
Darrel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic