This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

c tractor hydralics wont lower

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: c tractor hydralics wont lower
    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 9:40pm
had the c hooked to the grain drill to move it the shop for some maintainance with one hose hooked to the tractor the rams are off,  the hose is hooked in to one side of the three way valve it raises fast holds better than the other tractors but goes down slow as tar ,cylinder is vented drill works fine on the other tractors , if i loosen the pipe plug top rear of the pump and let oil out it goes down it goes down fast  also speed adujstment is all the way out
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 9:41am
Im not with you 100% HUD... but the C tractor hudraulic valve/ pump has two circular egg shaped plates on the end of the control shaft.. One plate is pinned to the shaft, the other rotates over it and is spring loaded, and has an adjustment screw... i think is drop speed.. Make sure the two plates are not STUCK together.. rotate the outer plate by hand and see that it moves easily in both directions....see that the inner plate is PINNED to the shaft and pin not broke.. If EVERYTHING seems to be working OK... then you may have a valve stuck inside.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 9:48am
plates 33, 34 and spring 14 should all move easily with respect to each other.. see that the one plate is PINNED to the shaft... maybe soak with WD40 if needed...that is the only EXTERNAL fix.

HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 11:16am
i think the relief valve is stuck or blocked partialy # 9,10  can it be serviced with out removing the control shaft ? at least thats what i could tell after i posted last night when i looked in the sevice manual
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 12:48pm
there is a NOTCH it the control shaft and the small piston #12 sets into the NOTCH and is raised and lowered as you turn the shaft... I think you have to rotate the control shaft so the notch is on the bottom, then pull it out... then you can POUND out the relief from the bottom out the top... The DEPTH of the insert #9 sets the relief pressure.... normally this is not the area the fails or plugs... are you sure the control shaft #13 is turning when you rotate the round plate on the outside ?

Edited by steve(ill) - 25 Sep 2021 at 12:53pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 12:56pm
I have not done one in 10 years.... but thats kind of the way i remember it. you can pull the top PLUG and look at #9 insert.. It is driven DOWN to a specific depth to set the 3200# pressure.

HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 4:01pm
yes and the plates are not stuck together . if i drive #9 out will it be in good enought shape to re install and stay in place, or is that part a one time install
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 4:44pm
Ii have always reused them... Have rebuilt 4-5 of these.. I "THINK" the  #9 is suppose to be down llike 9/16 inch from the top face ?  Measure when you take it apart.. put back in the same spot... will be close..

If you pull out the shaft, i think the little piston , spring and ball might drop out the bottom.. watch that........... now im wondering if you have take the little #9 out ?? If you clean, and reinstall parts from the BOTTOM, you might be able to push them in with a pencil while you start the shaft back into the hole ??  I never did it that way.. always loaded from the top and then put #9 in with a punch.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 9:26pm
took the fitting out of the top and used a 1/16 punch because it fit down the hole in part 9 and pushed the ball and spring to see if it was stuck and it seemed to move freely did have to push on the ball alot harder the first time , put the fitting back in and tryed it out still raises fast hold good and goes down about ten times faster but still not fast enough
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 9:41pm
maybe there is some crud floating around in there... not uncommon when the system is not used for several years... Might try that again.. remove plug 18 on the bottom.. rotate the shaft 90 degrees so piston is not bottomed out in groove.. and BLOW thru with air / solvent and see if anything is blown out ???? ......... sounds like you found the right area.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic