This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wd picker project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomstractorsandtoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 7:32am
Looks good. I can remember my dad mounting a picker on his WD when I was very little. Neighbor had one on a WD as well and picked about 3000 bu a year. Seemed to work good but the corn then only averaged about 80 bu per acre. He replaced it with an Allis 170 or 190 picker on his 17 diesel. Only used it a few years before he quit. Tom
Sponsored Links

55allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 1:17pm
This one was already mounted on the tractor, it just needed the blowers bolted on.
After it got mounted in 1990s it sat.
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 8:34pm
I hope you can make a video of it working. Neat project.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
55allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 10:32pm
I’ll give it a shot at taking a video but I’m not sure how to post it!!
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 8:01am
Beautiful! Have a great time 'pickin and a grinnin' !
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
55allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 3:14pm
For the wagon, my dad a has a older John Deere 150 gear with a 150-200 bushel box on it. It was setting for about 25 years and the tires all hold air...
55allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 9:59pm
Well I finally got a chance to pick the popcorn.
I’m not sure if this video will work but I give it a try.
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:32pm
For videos you need to upload to YouTube and then post the link.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Robert Musgrave View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Musgrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:20am
'Bout the only time I would see the orange-covered operator's manual come out and Grandpa's hip-roofed Craftsman tool box was when he and Dad would take a couple days to mount the #33 Corn Harvester to the 1953 WD-45.  Dad always said it was a "snapper, not a husker." and Gramp said it would almost be worth it to have a second WD-45 to just leave that picker on all of the time!
Dennis(IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 1:23pm
Can’t remember how many years Dad and I mounted and removed that picker on the WD.  That was a job, but had to be done. One year it caught on fire, because of the tail light wire grounded and sparked.  Dad got the fire out by throwing dirt on it. Then at one point the battery exploded and he ducked because he thought it was the gas tank. Then he kept throwing dirt and got the fire out.  So he just cranked started ( had a magneto ) it and finished the year.  Also first gear was too fast because of the larger rear tires.  So Dad would slip the hand clutch all day long.  His arm would hurt and smoke would come out of the cover from the clutch over heating.  Never replaced the clutch just took some shims out once in a while.  Lot of memories when I see that machine. Thanks for showing it.
Dennis(IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 1:27pm
I should say that it had an extra headlight/taillight mounted on the rear step plate. That was the live wire that sparked and started the fire.
55allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:04pm
Well I found out that the stripper plates are adjustable from the seat, the lever on the left side I think is the one.
The rods that go to them are gone so I was wondering if anyone would have a picture of them?
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:21pm
55allis I'll try to remember to take same pictures of my tomorrow when I'm out in the shed
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:38pm
55allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 6:54pm
Thanks Kenny!!!
Well my brother was at the place where it sat and he found one of the rods, I’m sure the second one is somewhere around there
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic