This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

F/S: Relined Brake Bands/Brake Shoes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F/S: Relined Brake Bands/Brake Shoes
    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 4:59am
Just a heads up...I no longer reman. clutch units at all, but WILL continue to reline brake bands and brake shoes for a long time yet. So...anyone needing their brakes relined, please keep me in mind. I have what I think are pretty good prices on relining them and I only use the good quality material. NO...I do NOT sell the material alone, sorry. I buy it in a roll and and make it all from scratch. No disappointments yet and thrive to keep it that way. I can be reached here on the site...on Facebook or you can call me at: 314-488-9224. Thanks for your time and hope to do some brakes now!   Rick

Edited by Rick - 05 Sep 2021 at 5:02am
Sponsored Links

Gary(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 7:55am
Well that sucks I have an A clutch I need done sometime 
Tom IA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom IA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 8:23am
yes I was about to send you a B clutch
sparky View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 1:35pm
What happened to the clutch reman business?
It's the color tractor my grandpa had!
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 3:05pm
Guys...All I can say is that I'm not messing with them any more...tired of all the crap...it's a long story and I'll leave it there. There are other places to take them or send them to. As for people saying they were ready to send a clutch to me, etc....I was still waiting on several people to send them in for the past two years, so...yeah...some of you might have been ready, the rest...not so much. I do know that it's over for me...50 years is enough anyway...Rick
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 5:17pm
Dont blame you Rick- it was always great doing business with you ! 
sparky View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 5:39pm
Same here and fair enough.
It's the color tractor my grandpa had!
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 6:32am
Sorry to hear you went out on a sad note. Seems folks want it now and depend on their phone to get it now. Cost seems not important. I have a pile of clutch cores that I put aside if we met sometime. That pile can go away now.
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 7:59am
Thanks, Lon...I appreciate that...I still have lots of cores here, too and I hate to scrap them, so I'll try to sell them, I guess...at least get some of my money back. It really wasn't anyone's fault that I deal with public wise, but more the ones I worked with...they had their ideas and I had mine, so I just let it go...just going to do the brake part of things, because I do them here at home...thanks for thinking of me on the cores though...Rick
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 3:19am
BTT...
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 12:47am
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 4:05am
BTT...

Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 7:06am
Hi Rick;

Can you do antique heavy truck brake shoes also? Most of these are the bolted lining types.

Thanks,

Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 7:09pm

Edited by Rick - 06 Mar 2022 at 3:52am
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 1:42pm
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2022 at 3:57am
How does a person delete his own post? Can't seem to do that here any more, unless I'm missing something...??? I'm trying to shorten it up some...you know, take out all of the "bumps to the top"? Thanks for any help...Rick
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2022 at 10:02am
You can only DELETE the post before someone ELSE posts after you.... You can go back and MODIFY a post, but not DELETE an old post.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 12:15pm
BTT...

rasman57 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rasman57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2022 at 3:48am
Rick, received the D-14 shoes you just completed for me and they look great!   Appreciate the great service over the years.     
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2022 at 4:19am
Thanks, Ralph...I appreciate your business!!!   Rick
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 6:03pm
BTT...Smile

doctorcorey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 8:36am
Hope you enjoy your 'retirement' . I, too, have been working on machines for 50+ years. Smile Rick (or anyone else reading this) , who else relines clutches (HD6) in the Midwest? Most of the ones I call in KC are long gone......
Semper Fi USMC    1958 HD6G, 1959 MF 203 loader, 1960 Case 420B Backhoe, MF 65 Tractor/Loader Diesel
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 10:46am
Corey...Try Mid America Clutch Co. in Evansville, IN....Fort Wayne Clutch in Fort Wayne, IN....Ag Parts, LTD. in Humboldt, IA...Any one of those should be able to help you...
doctorcorey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Rick Rick wrote:

Corey...Try Mid America Clutch Co. in Evansville, IN....Fort Wayne Clutch in Fort Wayne, IN....Ag Parts, LTD. in Humboldt, IA...Any one of those should be able to help you...
I called the Mid-America Clutch......they said, 'box it up, send it to us, we will reline it, it will take a couple of days, and cost less than a new disc'. I said, 'OK'. Thanks for the tip!Smile
Semper Fi USMC    1958 HD6G, 1959 MF 203 loader, 1960 Case 420B Backhoe, MF 65 Tractor/Loader Diesel
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 9:53am
Sorry to hijack post. Do you know of any clutch guys up in the northeast. Or is that mid-American clutch the place.
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 6:58am
Also...as a side note...I started relining the wench brake bands for the skidders they use for logging...message me if you're in need of having some of them done...Rick
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 2:02pm
BTT...
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 6:41am
Rick;

I have a set of brake bands needing relined that are riveted from an older Cat 977H series dozer. Can you do these? I'll swing it that way if you can. 
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 7:16am
Rob...Good morning! Yes, I can do them, not a problem. What thickness material goes on those...3/8"?  Please send to: Rick Corder---209 Hill Lane---Jonesburg, MO. 63351 via UPS and that'll get them here quicker, but I'll be shipping them back via USPS, since I don't have an account with UPS...Thanks, Rick
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 7:38am
Thanks Rick; we have one steering clutch out as of yesterday and will get the other hopefully in the middle of next week. This one needs new lining and I assume the other side will also. I'll get them to you shortly.

Thanks,
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic