This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

b-110 beavel gear pulley bearing strip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bgolat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: b-110 beavel gear pulley bearing strip
    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 10:42pm
I just replaced the beavel gears in my b-110 (ouch 300.00 plus bearings and seals) it runs smooth now but when I engage the clutch it has a quiet grinding sound coming from the bevel gear area? I checked the bevel gear play and there is no or very very little play, and yes i filled it with 80w-90 gear oil.  I noticed some posts about rebuilding the bevels and they talked about Bearing Strip that went on the split pulley on the right side(drive pulley) I dont have one on this tractor just bought it a month ago so im not sure if it was taken off or never had one.  Does anyone know if the Allis B-110 had a bearing strip on this pulley and where it goes on the pulley?  Pictures would be great, Thank You very much
Sponsored Links

bgolat View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bgolat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 10:43pm
Also where to get them from?
acken View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 6:32am

AY, and AZ in diagram. Only used with 2 piece pulley on gearbox that drives rearend. I have cut them out of thin plastic, like ice cream pail.
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 2:55pm
Zippo Varga has a brief video on this split pulley and replacing the shim using blister pack plastic.  He only shows replacing one piece but there is actually two pieces as shown in the diagram from other post. When I looked at mine it appears to be more of a nylon type plastic similar to an old metal coffee can lid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWTosNAI-Z4
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
NorthernChill View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorthernChill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 3:08pm
Thanks guys, I found the old strip bearing(looked more like thick paper) and I put it on the proper place of the pulley, I didn’t have the other round plastic bearing so I Troyes it out, it works great nice and quiet.   Thanks again, you guys are great.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic