This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question for Darin and maybe others

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question for Darin and maybe others
    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 8:33am
I had to delete a large number of my older photos from my personal file manager to be able to download the Hutch photos. I plan on going to the Widlund show later in August and would like to be able to take and post pictures from that show. I don't think that I can do that without deleting a large portion of the Hutch photos, and by doing that, I believe that they are no longer shown on the previous posts. I may be wrong on this and it is certainly not farm equipment related, but this section of the forum gets the most traffic. Is there a way to increase the amount of stored photos or am I not doing something right?
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 8:51am
Lynn, you are right that if you delete the photo from your album,  it will not show up in the old posts... Also look at the SIZE of the photos. Most pictures i post are 800 x 600 pixels and they take up 50- 100 K of data.. If your photos are LARGER, you could be using up 10 x as much space.    Storage is about 80 MB on this site so you should be able to store over  500 photos if you get the RIGHT SIZE.

Go to PAINT BRUSH on your computer and RESIZE the photos and look at the reduction in storage space needed.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 9:01am
Lynn, i checked and most of your photos are  about 1000 x 800 pixels and take up 350- 400K of data.... i shrunk a couple down to 750  x 550  size and they end up at 150- 200 K ........ still larger than most of the posts i make.. Dont know why your resolution is higher for the same data... Must be the type camera.... but you could get yourself 40% more storage space by makeing the photos  75% the size you are now.

this is yours x 75%

Edited by steve(ill) - 26 Jul 2021 at 9:02am
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 9:02am
Thanks Steve. I see what you are saying. I have to resize all of my pictures to get them to even load on this site. But, I have not been reducing them to the dimensions that you suggest. I  tried one at the further reduction and it will free up more space. Thanks again.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 11:43am
There must be something special about your camera compared to my old one.. When i make a photo 750 x 550 pixels, it stores it about 100 kb..... When i do that with your photos it takes about twice that space ??  Im not smart enough to know why.. Difference in cameras ?
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 8:54am
Can you store your photos in Google photos and then put a link so people can just click the link to see them? Of course Google has a limit on free storage but I'm not sure what that is.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 8:56am
And I believe all photos on google photos would be subject to view. Not just a select few..... if I am understanding how Google photos work.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 9:41am
Lonn, that's where I now store my show pictures, you can do a link to a single picture, or a complete album. I have heard that if you don't have a google logon you can't view them. Not sure, below is a link to a past GOTO to see if everyone can see them

Edited by JoeM(GA) - 27 Jul 2021 at 9:43am
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:32am
JOe, i dont have a GOOGLE account. When i click , there is a "sign in" box in the upper corner, but i dont need it.  I see all your photos below. I can click on anyone and blow up full page.

Edited by steve(ill) - 27 Jul 2021 at 11:33am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic