This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FPD50-24-2-S bullgear

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FPD50-24-2-S bullgear
    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 8:03am
Finally found out why the 'wheel WON'T go round and round'....
It lost a tooth on the left side 'bullgear'.....
Hoping I can remove the gear, reinstall tire/rim and then push forklift into it's shed from the middle of the yard.....

Can anyone tell me the part number for the bullgear and where,oh where, in Ontario i might possibly buy one ??
I seriously doubt a tooth could be welded onto the casting ??

I just put $700 in new front rubber on so I'd like to get some more use out of the old gal !

Any help is appreciated,thanks
Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 9:26am
Hmm- seems bullgears come in many sizes - shapes  - prices - know there are some individuals who have welded new teeth onto old gears - ir made a gear tooth and machined old one off and put new one in it's place 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 9:32am
thamks
missing tooth is right against an 'alignment' rollpin..
obvious poor design, can I get it repaired under a recall notice ????
sigh, now have to figure out HOW to get bullgear off the rollpins.
..only going up to 100*F with humdidity today......
looked again after cleaning it a bit more, roll pins can be pushed out from outside --->in
current idea is to just reinstall, it'll either move on it's own( yea !!!) or it'll be a 'Flintstone moble'.....

Jay

Edited by jaybmiller - 26 Jul 2021 at 12:09pm

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 5:09pm
gear should be cast STEEL, not iron... Yes, it can be welded up and ground to size.. Could probably do good enough by hand to get it going... Just need a DECENT welder to grind / fit/ weld / shape !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 5:55pm
THANKS Steve, I was hoping it'd be STEEL(which makes sense to me) . Have a great neighbour who can weld it. I did find the busted tooth, 'greased' between 2 other teeth. Even if he could fill with weld and grind kinda right, I'd be happy.
Guess I'll pop it off and see what he says....
I found that #4795693 is NOT the correct bullgear,so I'd still like to know what part number is correct.
Hopefully cooler tomorrow....
any more info is appreciated !
Jay

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 7:09pm
i could not find a part number... but i dont have a BOOK either... just using google..

Welding should work good with a 7018 DC rod.. Bevel 30 degrees on the gear and tooth until you get to the center. I would heat the tooth area to 300 degrees to burn off any oil and preheat the metal.. You want FULL PENETRATION to the center of the tooth.. thats why the deep bevel.

Edited by steve(ill) - 26 Jul 2021 at 7:10pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 9:33pm
I welded up a missing tooth on my HD5 for the high speed reverse in transmission - I don't use it that often but so far it has held up for 25 years so guess it is working .
 Welded several passes to get height needed then shaped tooth to match others - with grinder and file 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 1:00pm
Sucess... decided to 'roll the dice', and reinstall the tire/rim/drum assy. Not exactly a fun time as outside, gravel lot, used Kubota as overhead crane...so getting 400-500# assy aligned was tricky.Got it on, manually spun tire a few time fwd,rev...seemed OK.managed to get the old gal started and into her shed JUST before the heaven's opend up.....
So I'll declare a win.
I figured maybe 3-4 teeth should be meshed ,so losing one might not be traumatic. As long as I don't do any dragraces I think I'll be fine....
Thanks for the support !!!

update: sigh....worked great for a few dayze..now once in awhile it 'locks up'..probably wrong ground speed vs pinion speed so the teeth don't mesh right...guess I'm teazring it all apart and hopefully have neighbour weld in a tooth.

Jay

Edited by jaybmiller - 06 Aug 2021 at 7:30am

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic