This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a push mower

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a push mower
    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 7:58pm
This is gonna be here forever. It will be used to store our bee hive boxes after we extract the honey. There is a bug called a wax moth that can get into the honey boxes. They destroy the honey comb in your boxes. With a reefer unit, we can freeze the boxes and destroy any moths that get into the boxes. I wanted to get a refrigerated shipping container and set it directly on the ground. But son was able to get this trailer from his place of work cheap. And it just got a repaint job so it looks good. Boxes will be on pallets and I will set them in with forks on the skid loader. As far as putting these filthy old goats under the trailer, that isn't gonna happen. The dam things would have any wiring, brake lines, and anything else rubber under there eaten. I'm not kidding. I used to park wagons and trailers in the lot. They would pull the rubber valve stems out of the rims, chew on the wiring, etc. She keeps mineral, salt, and good hay plus feeds them corn and oats every night, so they cannot be hungry for stuff like that. Gonna skirt it with something. I think I have enough siding left over from siding the house to do this.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 8:44pm
why don't you call someone with a tractor (semi) and have them hook up and move it where you want it? 
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 8:43pm
before i had my 53 ft van trailer delivered...i measured it from the bottom to the ground, dug out a ramp of dirt, had the delivery dude back it down into the hole then drop the front of the trailer on the ground. left the wheels on it and now when i open the back doors, i only have to step up about 5 inches into the back of the trailer. worked out great and it hasn't settled at all. figgered that if i ever sold it, it would be easier to move for the next owner. i did the ramp hole with my 7010 and a gnuse scoop.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

I’m in the market for a push mower also, looking for a 2-cycle Lawn Boy, or similar brand. Wanna fog the mosquitoes the same time I mow. Might as well multi-task.
I ran a Lawn Boy 2 stroke years ago, never had "that" much smoke to deter the "skeeters" WinkWink

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Roundup  Thumbs Up

Around here we call that weed eating
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 6:17pm
I’m in the market for a push mower also, looking for a 2-cycle Lawn Boy, or similar brand. Wanna fog the mosquitoes the same time I mow. Might as well multi-task.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 3:34pm
how long is the reefer staying ?  weeks or YEARS ? Wink... watcha makin !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 2:48pm
well I KNOW that a D-14 can push.pull a 40' reefer as long as the brakes have been 'caged'.... did that several times.
otherwise ,salt the ground....or vinegar....toss a sheet of $$$ plywood down ?
or have hte son figure out how to mow that area ..hehehe
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 1:38pm
just drag the little harrow behind the garden tractor a couple days later. spreads them out nicely.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 11:16am
I tried that once--letting the cows in to mow, but the problem was the fertilizer deposits were left in big chunks and not spread around evenly!!! LOLWink
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 8:48am
MY snapper and troybuilt both have no provisions to change oil I did anyway but you have to turn it upside down and drain out thru the oil fill. you have goats you don't need a mower. just fence and let them keep it mowed.  every couple weeks at the farm we put up a temp fence and let the cows into the yard they mow it down very well. just have to fence around the flowers. we weed  wack  around the flowers. they clean up around all the parked equipment quite well.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 8:05am
Roundup  Thumbs Up
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 2:02am
If it was at my house, I'd spray it down with roundup and be done with it.  If you wanted to make it look purdy you could put down some weed fabric and then cover it with mulch or gravel.

You could also take the axles and landing gear off and set it on the ground to make it easier to get in and out of.  Then go pick up some trailer house skirting and put that around the bottom.  heck of a lot cheaper than plywood.

Edited by john(MI) - 26 Jul 2021 at 2:06am
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 10:33pm
You got a lot of subject matter in that post!. On the push mower, most people today never check or change em anyway so now no guilty feelings LOL. The engines usually outlast the flimsy tin decks anyway.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 10:15pm
Looking at a new push mower. Son bought a reefer trailer and I wasn't here when it got delivered. So its setting 3' away from the fence. If they'd slid the tandems clear back they could have easily got it closer to the dang fence where I wanted it. Anyway, 1 of the mowers I was looking at says "never change the oil". Just check it every time you use it and add if needed. According to the mfg, its American made, not electric either. Menard's sells them and I can't remember the brand name. Might be cheaper to pull the steel posts and list the woven and barb wire over against the trailer. I guessing the old gal will want me to put plywood all around the outside of the trailer boxing it in, and then cut the GOOD fence so her filthy old goats can live under there. Her old barn is not in good shape, she put hogs in it years ago and they rooted out the foundation on the east side and 1/2 of the south side.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic