This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Propane prices 2021-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1951WDNWWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Propane prices 2021-22
    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 8:12pm
Western Wisconsin.  Alcivia.  Formerly known as Countryside Cooperative and Landmark Cooperative.   Pay as you go and Month budget plan $1.749 per gallon.  Prepay plan.  $1.649 per gallon. The prepay plan you must take all you prepay for and if you don't you will pay a penalty at the end of the year.  
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 10:39pm
We get a discount for to the amount of gas we buy for the chicken houses. Our current contract is $1.49/gallon. Last contact ran out the end of June. It was $0.89/gallon. It's a pretty big jump but still about $0.50/gallon cheaper than everybody else
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 10:42pm
what kind of gallons does it take to run a chicken operation? I'd guess a LOT!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 4:58am
Would think more than grain driers!!  And those have multiple 1000 gal tanks to feed them.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 8:01am
We have 2 1000 gallon tanks per house and 1 500 gallon for the incinerator. During the summer we won't burn a full tank during a flock so summer is probably 1,600 gallons per house (mid June to mid September). Winter we burn 2 to 3 tanks per flock so somewhere around 2,000 to 3,000 per house per flock.

I'm just guessing that we probably burn around 10,000 gallons per house (6) in a years time depending on weather. Incinerator is probably another 3,000 to 4,000 a year.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 10:08am
$1.80 here Friday when they topped off the tank.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 3:11pm
Over $4.00/ gallon yesterday for home use here in wonderful CaliforniaAngryAngry
John m View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 6:47pm
California. When I was growing up in 60's and 70's everyone wanted to go there from Michigan. Now a days, not so much. Kinda wish I could send some of these transplants that are here now out there though. CARB is not a good thing but a lot of these young people think sure wanna follow in their direction. That's expensive. I wish ya luck
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 7:36pm
South central Iowa, I booked mine for $1.64 per gallon. 750 gallon. From F/S coop.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic