This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another What is it Worth?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another What is it Worth?
    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 11:49am
D15 factory 3pt hitch.appears to be in good condition and complete.
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 12:36pm
you talking just the hitch, or hitch and tractor?
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 12:53pm
Just the hitch
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 6:23pm
I'd say a minimum of $500, cause that's what a good aftermarket conversion hitch would cost the prospective customer...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 7:30pm
To me a d15 3pt would only be worth scrap price, because that's about what it is. The 3pt on the D10/12 tractors were enough of a design foul-up and the upsize to the D15 was a POS. Now if the Allis Engineers had done to the D15 like the 3pt on the D17IV they would have had something. Every smaller tractor that has done any work has had the bolts wear out form being loose, unless the operator tightened them every time they wanted to use the tractor. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 8:12pm
I have heard criticism in the past about the 3 pt on the D15 and I just can’t say I agree. Ours is a 1968 and the 3 pt has been used a lot in its life, 3 bottom plow, sprayer, sickle mower, cultivators, blade, fertilizer spreader, and many other attachments. Had one adjuster wear out from use but that’s it. If there was a problem it must be from abuse, too heavy of equipment that it wasn’t designed to lift. It’s not a D17 and unfortunately it gets compared to it way too much.

Edited by AC720Man - 25 Jul 2021 at 8:15pm
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 8:14pm
Sorry Gary, to answer your question I think if its all in good condition, $400-$500 would be a fair price.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 5:58am
Originally posted by AC720Man AC720Man wrote:

I have heard criticism in the past about the 3 pt on the D15 and I just can’t say I agree. Ours is a 1968 and the 3 pt has been used a lot in its life, 3 bottom plow, sprayer, sickle mower, cultivators, blade, fertilizer spreader, and many other attachments. Had one adjuster wear out from use but that’s it. If there was a problem it must be from abuse, too heavy of equipment that it wasn’t designed to lift. It’s not a D17 and unfortunately it gets compared to it way too much.

Think that is where a lot of torn up tractors get that way,trying to make a smaller tractor into a larger one.Once bought a D10 with a hole in the block still sitting in the field
with  a set of 2 bottom 16" plows hooked to it.Two set of wheel weights and fluid in the over size tires.Worked until it didn't.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 6:08am
Drop it off of the tractor and see what the mounting holes look like.  If it's solid, then you need to get a tap, cans of brake cleaner, and some locktite.  Clean them holes out real good and put on the locktite and reassemble.  If you want to do it even better, get some thread rod and cut off pieces and screw them into the holes and put large washers and lock nuts on or double nut them on.  I did that to my D14 and it never came loose until I took it off.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 6:46am
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

Drop it off of the tractor and see what the mounting holes look like.  If it's solid, then you need to get a tap, cans of brake cleaner, and some locktite.  Clean them holes out real good and put on the locktite and reassemble.  If you want to do it even better, get some thread rod and cut off pieces and screw them into the holes and put large washers and lock nuts on or double nut them on.  I did that to my D14 and it never came loose until I took it off.

I'm probably going to change it over to snap coupler as I have several pieces of SC equipment to for it.Mostly plan to pull a trailer sickle bar mower with it.Maybe sell the 3pt to get some of my $$$$ back.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic