This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scrap yard CA wish me luck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scrap yard CA wish me luck
    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 8:46pm
A friend called and said there was some little Allis Chalmers at the scrap yard. I went the following Monday to see about this.
There sat the slickest Ca. Tires are very usable on the rear and one nice front and a wire out on the front. It is a very straight clean tractor for these parts. Comes with a sc blade that’s very nice but appears aftermarket non Allis but made for Allis.
The motor is stuck.
I went in to ask about it. I really don’t care for the scrap yard guy but I tried.
As I headed out the door he said check back in a few days. The buyer hadn’t paid for it yet.
It was still sitting there early this morning.
I’ll be checking in tomorrow.
Sponsored Links

Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:08pm
Hope it works out for you. Would love to see some pictures.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 6:46am
Originally posted by Bill Long Bill Long wrote:

Hope it works out for you. Would love to see some pictures.
Good Luck!
Bill Long

I’ll let you know Bill.
I no longer have a computer just a phone. I can’t post pics anymore.
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 11:43pm
Sure hope it works out for you. Then we can both have stuck project CAs!
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 6:51am
Originally posted by wjohn wjohn wrote:

me too.
Can you tell me about yours?
Do you know any history?
Will you try to get it running as is or rebuild.
This one has clean oil and antifreeze in the radiator.
I know it’s still a gamble.
I actually assume it was stored inside judging by the condition.
I should know Monday
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 10:33am
Thad, seems I recall this isn’t your first scrap yard find??? Good luck….I know you’ve got the talent to bring it back to life!
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Scott B Scott B wrote:

Thad, seems I recall this isn’t your first scrap yard find??? Good luck….I know you’ve got the talent to bring it back to life!

Scott this one is actually quite slick compared to most I’ve started with.
I don’t think I’d paint it. It still has nice work clothes.
How you feeling Bud? I pray you’re healing up and feeling good.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 7:10pm
Starter might be locked out, I'd pull that first.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Originally posted by Scott B Scott B wrote:

Scott this one is actually quite slick compared to most I’ve started with.
I don’t think I’d paint it. It still has nice work clothes.
How you feeling Bud? I pray you’re healing up and feeling good.

Thanks Partner. Appendix is now out and recouping well but they want to go back in for some clean up. That sucker leaking into my abdomen puts me at high risk of issues down the road so back to the surgeon this week and probably back on the table within a couple weeks.
Hoping to get down to Fayetteville within next 6 months or so; be fun to catch up & maybe eyeball that scrapyard CA that you’ll have up and going!
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 12:26am

me too.
Do you know any history?
I should know Monday

I started a thread on it that I have no clue when I'll get back to. The CA is currently waiting on me to get my WD finished up.

Hopefully you get your CA, look at mine, and say "it could be worse." There's no way I was getting my pistons unstuck - but I can't complain at all for what I paid for the tractor. Your prospect sounds like a much nicer starter.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 6:30am

me too.
Do you know any history?
I should know Monday

I started a thread on it that I have no clue when I'll get back to. The CA is currently waiting on me to get my WD finished up.

Hopefully you get your CA, look at mine, and say "it could be worse." There's no way I was getting my pistons unstuck - but I can't complain at all for what I paid for the tractor. Your prospect sounds like a much nicer starter.

Thanks for sharing your post. I’ll be following even if I don’t get this one.
Yes this one is much nicer than what I usually start with.
Yours is comparable to the usual found around here.
I should know something tomorrow.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 11:22am
I made contact today. It’s still there. He still hasn’t been paid. He says give him one more day.
I’ll try again tomorrow
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 7:24am
Thad,
 On the edge of my seat here in PA!
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 4:54pm
Don't leave us hangin' man!  Was it a good day today? Inquiry minds want to know!  LOL!
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 5:37pm
Sorry Steve and the rest of y’all. Work was hectic and I was unable to call today. I’ll call him tomorrow and give it one more try.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 9:17am
Still in the running.
The guy ahead of me has made no contact with them. They said give 2 more days. I’ll be fine either way.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 5:00pm
They sure are keeping you (and us) hanging on!

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by JohnColo JohnColo wrote:

They sure are keeping you (and us) hanging on!

That’s for sure John.
The scrap yard owner and I aren’t what you’d call close to start with. I’ve bought a few things through the years. Every time there seems to be a hitch.
Saw in the paper where a couple trucks were stolen from there recently. Don’t know if they were customers or what. Owner hasn’t been answering the phone his help has.
His helper told me today if it was up to me the tractor would already be mine.
JTOOL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTOOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 7:44pm
@Thad in AR.; If this falls through, I have an old CA (NF) and snap coupler 2 bottom plow up here in Adrian, MO (not terribly far from NW Arkansas) that I would make you a good deal on. Needs some love (hand clutch repaired, generator missing, etc.). I don't know if the engine is free or not. Exhaust has been covered. If you're interested, I will go out and see if the engine turns over. Just a thought.
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 7:45pm
Think I'd walk in with the cash and say deal or no deal now.Sounds to me he is trying to sell it for more money while he keeps you on the hook.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by JTOOL JTOOL wrote:

@Thad in AR.; If this falls through, I have an old CA (NF) and snap coupler 2 bottom plow up here in Adrian, MO (not terribly far from NW Arkansas) that I would make you a good deal on. Needs some love (hand clutch repaired, generator missing, etc.). I don't know if the engine is free or not. Exhaust has been covered. If you're interested, I will go out and see if the engine turns over. Just a thought.

Wow thanks for the offer. I’ll let you know what happens.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Gary Burnett Gary Burnett wrote:

Think I'd walk in with the cash and say deal or no deal now.Sounds to me he is trying to sell it for more money while he keeps you on the hook.

That could be. I also have a suspicion that I may know the other guy and he may be trying to buy it to sell to me.
I agreed to the original price and will not go a penny more.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 12:16pm
It’s a no go.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 9:34pm
There is another one out there for you Thad! Good luck!
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 9:15am
Bummer! Sounds to me like the guy that was ahead of you was a friend to the owner of the yard and the owner was stringing you along while his buddy got the dough together. Hey, win a few, lose a few. Maybe it'll work out to the better with Josh's CA for ya. That was nice of Josh to let ya know he has one.  Sometimes when deals fall through, better one's come along down the road.....   Good luck Thad!  You'll get one!  Thumbs Up
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Steve in NJ Steve in NJ wrote:

Bummer! Sounds to me like the guy that was ahead of you was a friend to the owner of the yard and the owner was stringing you along while his buddy got the dough together. Hey, win a few, lose a few. Maybe it'll work out to the better with Josh's CA for ya. That was nice of Josh to let ya know he has one.  Sometimes when deals fall through, better one's come along down the road.....   Good luck Thad!  You'll get one!  Thumbs Up
Steve@B&B

Steve I agree on all counts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic